Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Unknown Lands

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 118 posts! Please welcome our newest member, Amaihana!

Seaside relaxation

Pride
    Pride

I'm Important Too! Seaside relaxation Empty

Lineage : Blood Brothers Pact
    Position : None
    Origin : De Fiore
    Sacred Shards : 0
    Class : F
    Level : 1
    Experience : 10

Seaside relaxation Empty Seaside relaxation

Post by Pride Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:00 pm

It was a fine day in the port town of Hargeon. The sun was shining like there wouldn't be a tomorrow to shine for and people was bursting into laughter to the left and right, content with their jobs and lives. Ethan couldn't help but smile a little as he heard them, being quite relieved to seeing people being able to live as peacefully as they are. He himself wasn't up to that much, he had walked through town to gather up some supplies and had just found himself so relaxed in this enviroment that he just took a seat on one of the bridges by the port. Pulling a small notebook out of his notebook he started scribbling on something, eventually pulling of his coat due to the heat. With the cheerful people surrounding him and the gentle waves to accompany them he started to write something down. Seemingly at peace he kept doing so, paying no further mind to what was happening around him.
    Timmir
    Timmir

The Giving Tree I Need A Medic! Ooh Shiny! Seaside relaxation Empty
    There Can Be Only One

Lineage : Legend's Trio, Phoenix Fire
    Sacred Shards : 2
    Class : C
    Level : 10
    Experience : 680

Character Sheet
    Character Name: Malm Korlif
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Primary Magic: Balance of Nature

Seaside relaxation Empty Re: Seaside relaxation

Post by Timmir Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:31 pm

Malm sat in the back of the Silver Lining, a bookstore owned by Mouse, perusing through a book. It's been a quiet day that day as no news or jobs for him had came in for the past week. It's quite unusually really, but Malm found no need to really worry just yet. He just appreciated the short break he has, knowing full well that it won't last for much longer.

"Hey Malm. I"m kind of peckish. Make yourself useful and pick up some ice cream, will ya?" Mouse called out to him from the register.

Malm sighed a little as he closed the book he was reading. While he didn't exactly want to do so, he was kind of bored and wouldn't mind some ice cream himself. "Sure. What kind of ice cream do you want?" Malm asked as he stood up.

The mimiga paused for a second before shrugging. "Ehh... Surprise me. Just don't give me any of that sea salt ice cream stuff."

Malm chuckled a little. "Alright then. I'll be back as soon as I can. Phosphera you want to come with?" He asked the sleeping yellow rodent on the table. She roused from her rest with a small stretch before jumping on top of Malm's shoulder. Taking that as a yes, Malm left the store, heading towards the ice cream parlor.
    Pride
    Pride

Post by Pride Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:53 pm

Ethan was sweating profusely by now, now sketching at something instead. He was clearly very focused at what he was doing and pulled some curious gazes towards himself, some people even trying to sneak a peek of what he was drawing. The sweat pearling on on his face suddenly gave away as a drop fell on a page, snapping him out of what could might as well have been a trance. He was suddenly aware of just how sweaty he was and started to fan himself with his book. That's when a few kids ran by all of a sudden shouting; "Ice Cream!!" Ethan ironically froze in place, an ice cream would probably cool him down a little. The only problem being that he couldn't handle how cold it was.

He was torn on the inside, should he get some ice cream.....or not? He eventually decided for it, figuring if it was just this once it would be okay. With that he tied his coat around his waist and headed across the plaza where he assumed the ice cream parlour had to be considering the mass of people gathered around it. "This could take a while...." While he was sort of relieved for having some time to mentally prepare himself for the ice cream the heat was really getting him.
    Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:16 pm

Malm walked for some time. He had to admit that it was warmer outside then he expected. Perhaps there's a heat wave happening? Or maybe a fire wizard just got out of hand with their magic? Either way, ice cream was sounding more appealing to the young wizard.

Unfortunately when he got there, it didn't seem like he was the only one who had that idea in mind as their was a pretty long line in front of the ice cream parlor. "Well at least they seem to be making some good business today." Malm said with a lighthearted chuckle as he tried to decide whether he really wanted to wait just to get some ice cream. Though seeing how Mouse was unlikely to be happy about him coming back empty handed, he decided to just wait it out.

"Well it looks like it'll be awhile. What do you want to do to past the time Phosphera?" Malm asked the Pichu on his shoulder, who just gave him an odd look in response.
    Pride
    Pride

Post by Pride Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:22 am

Having been standing in line for quite some time Ethan was sweating profusely considering the weather. He was pulling at his shirt as it was getting worse by the second. He was still fairly far from getting any ice cream and was actually getting a bit restless, having nothing to do in this frying pan of a line. He looked behind him to see just how many besides himself was stuck in this line with him. His eyes happened to fall upon this young green haired boy a few spots away and more importantly this strange little creature sitting on his shoulder. His curiosity got the better of him as he just stood there and stared at it, holding up the line in the process.
    Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:17 am

Malm gave a small yawn as he waited in line. This was surely taking awhile. In fact, the line didn't seem to be moving at all at the moment. He wonder what the hold up was.

Meanwhile Phosphera curiously looked at all the many people who were in line. That was until she noticed that someone in the line was staring at her. Normally she would try to hide herself in Malm's pack, but Malm didn't bring his pack for what was suppose to be a quick errand. So instead she tried her best to hide herself behind Malm, unaware that her large ears were still poking over his shoulder, making it obvious when she would try to peek to see if the man was still there.

"Hey you. Your holding up the line. Either move forward or get out of here so the rest of us can get our ice cream." A man stated as he began to lose his patience with Ethen.

Malm poked his head up as he heard the commotion. Scanning the crowd, he quickly found the source as he saw a young man with a good space between him and the person in front of him. Hopefully a fight wouldn't break out over something as trivial as this, but with this heat, who knows? Wait a second. Is that man staring at him?
    Pride
    Pride

Post by Pride Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:07 pm

Ethan was suddenly aware of what he was doing as people started to complain. He suddenly felt a bit embarassed of the incident and briefly stepped to the side. "My apologies, by all means you may take my spot" The men's complaints suddenly went silent and was quickly replaced with pleased cheers as they walked past him. He eventually stepped in line again; making sure to take the spot next to the one with the curious creature on his shoulder. "I must beg your pardon, the curious little creature on your shoulder attracted my attention a little more than it should have. I have simply never witnessed a little creature like this is all" He spoke calmly and honestly intrigued as he went on.

The line went on a bit further and he made sure to quickly close the gap this time, trying to keep eye contact with the young man standing behind him. "Anyways the name is Ethan, Ethan Pride"
    Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:51 am

So the man was holding up the line because he saw Phosphera. Why isn't Malm all that surprised? It seemed common for at least one person to become interested about her whenever he went out. Why would this outing be any different?

"Yea. Her species isn't exactly common around here." Malm said with a nervous chuckle as he used his right hand to rub the back of his head, "Anyways. It's nice to meet you Ethen. I'm Malm, and this shy, little one is Phosphera." Malm added as he greeted the man with a small smile.

Phosphera was still trying her best to hide from Ethen behind Malm's shoulder. She never really did well with attention from strangers, and this crowd wasn't exactly helping. Malm tried to calm her down a bit by petting her behind her ears, but it only did so much. He really hoped the ice cream parlor wasn't going to be packed, or else he feared another incident similar to what happened when he got his passport would occur again. Or maybe even something worse as he didn't have his pack with him this time for her to hide in.
    Pride
    Pride

Post by Pride Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:10 pm

Ethan was if anything even more intrigued now as he had gotten a closer look at the little creature. "Phosphera...huh... I've seen a lot in my days but that's a first for me" He wasn't nearly enough distracted by his own curiosity that he didn't notice how uncomfortable the little thing seemed to be as he watched her. With that he frowned a little and put a little more distance between them. "My deepest apologies, it would seem i've upset her" Looking pretty ashamed with himself for having scared what couldn't be more than a child if anything he diverted his attention from her and looked up the young man instead.

As he let his attention fall to Malm he felt that despite his young age compared to his own he simply seemed to carry much more of a presence than himself; It wasn't the first time he'd felt like this but he'd learned to live with it. "You seem like quite the capable young man if I might say so" He had a slim smile return to his face by now. "You'd have to be to find something like her" Having said as much he glanced backwards and realised they were almost there now
    Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:56 am

Malm gave a short lighthearted chuckle when Ethen mentioned that Malm must be well travelled. If only he knew the half of it. Though Malm gets the feeling the man wouldn't really believe most of the stories he could share. Most people probably wouldn't when you mention that your old friend and rival is now a god, and that you were also good friends with the being who rules over all of Pandora.

"Actually she was a gift from a trader. Well the egg she hatched from was at very least." Malm admitted, "You see. I have a friend who owns a bookstore not to far from here. A few months back she met up with a trader from Kanto who gave her Phosphera's egg as a gift. Not exactly one to keep pets, she decided to give the egg to me."

Malm paused for a moment as he petted Phosphera's head again. From the looks of it, the line seemed to be moving pretty quickly now. That's good to know. This heat was honestly starting to get to him.

"By the way. I wouldn't take Phos' shyness to heart. She's like this with just about every stranger she meets. She's the type who likes observing other people, but tends to not like being observed herself. At least until there's a treat involved. Then it's give or take whether or not she'll take to you. She's kind of fickle that way." Malm informed the man, not wanting him to feel bad for how Phosphera was acting.
    Pride
    Pride

Post by Pride Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:14 am

Ethan figured the boy had probably been through a bit more than he'd like to let on, he could just tell there was something extraordinary about him. He'd have to be to carry such a presence with him. He probably figured he wouldn't believe him which Ethan could relate to, he was quite confident that there wouldn't a person alive that would believe his own story. He didn't always understand it himself in fact.

As Malm told him about how he came to meet Phosphera. He'd heard tales of the strange beings that pops out of Kanto and wondered just how many things like Phosphera there was out there. "You have quite the connections"

Then Malm almost looking a bit guilty himself tried to explain why Phosphera was acting the way she did. "That's a relief then, still I truly didn't mean to scare her" He took yet another step backwards to keep up with the line but his heel hit solid wood and he realized they were there. "About time, excuse me for a bit" With that he turned around and entered the Ice Cream Parlour, he was immidieatly met with a man in a teal-coloured apron. "Good day sir, what can I get for you?" Ethan looked at the various tastes lined up in fron off him and his gaze eventually ended up at what he felt couldn't be real. "Sea Salt Ice Cream?"

The man in the counter of course misunderstood and immidieatly disappeared into the back. "Just a second sir!" Ethan realized what had just happened and tried to call him back "H-hey, you didn't hear me out...!" Completely oblivious at Ethan's attempt to call him back the Ice Cream Man eventually emerged with a cyan coloured popsicle in hand. "Here you go sir!" Ethan quietly payed up and took it since he figured it'd be rude to send him back now. He took a seat outside and just stared at the strangely coloured Ice Cream for a bit.
    Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:16 pm

Sea salt ice cream? Never pegged him for the type. Malm thought as he saw the Employee hand Ethen the odd colored popsicle.

"What may I get for you sir?" Another man standing behind the counter asked Malm.

"Oh uh... Sorry. Umm..." Malm looked at the many different flavors of ice cream they had available. "Can you get me a 3 scoops of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, 3 scoops of the Strawberry Cheesecake, and uhh... A scoop of Oran Berry?"

The man nodded, "Sure. Would you like that on a cone or bowl?"

"Uhh... Three bowls would be fine. Thanks."

The man nodded again as he began to skillfully scoop out the ice cream. It was obvious that the man had worked here for awhile. Once he had the ice cream in their respective bowls, he looked up at Malm and asked, "Would you like any toppings on that?"

"No. I think we're good."

The man nodded yet once again as he went to the register. Malm then payed the man and carefully grabbed the ice creams with some complimentary spoons. It was a bit difficult for the nature mage to balance the three bowls ice creams with only two hands, but he managed. Leaving the parlor, Malm saw Ethen sitting right outside with his Sea Salt Ice Cream Popsicle.

"Hey. Never suspected you were one for Sea Salt Ice Cream." Malm said lightheartedly to the man. Meanwhile Phosphera was to focused on trying to sneak her ice cream from Malm to notice Ethen's presence.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:03 am