Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Unknown Lands

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 118 posts! Please welcome our newest member, Amaihana!

My Overall Opinion On the Site

Light
    Light

I'm Important Too! My Overall Opinion On the Site Empty

Lineage : None
    Position : None
    Origin : De Fiore
    Sacred Shards : 0
    Class : F
    Level : 1
    Experience : 0

Character Sheet
    Character Name:
    Alignment: Neutral
    Primary Magic:

My Overall Opinion On the Site Empty My Overall Opinion On the Site

Post by Light Wed May 27, 2015 3:29 pm

Alright so let's see since I been told that my opinions are pretty much not allowed in the chat or rather it be better to post them here I will, keep in mind this is not just for me but for others as well.  Keep in mind I did read most of the rules to a T and will have evidence to back my information up, evidence from this site and a site that does things differently. Now without further a due I will go ahead and point out situations I think should be changed and why.

001 Templates

I feel that the character creation template is lacking in so many ways.  Now then what do I mean about this? I mean description wise and the History, but that will be a topic in it's own.  Now then when you look at the template, the only thing that requires word count apparently appears to be personality, yet shouldn't the same be said about appearance as well?  For example let's look at the the template in according to this site and to a template according to the other one I was refering to.

Your Site:
    Spoiler:

Example Site:
    Spoiler:

Which one to you gives a better description and visual impression of the character, the last one right?  My point here is just giving eye color, weight, height, hair color is simply not enough so I ask that you require a bit more information like idk five lines of appearance description but hey that is just me

002 History

It has come to my attention that history is optional here. . .what the heck?  No way in any point in time should that be a thing.  Here is why, history helps explain how your character obtains a weapon, becomes who they are oh and how they get the abilities they want.  For example say my character makes idk a sword that can cut through lightning.  HOW DID I OBTAIN IT? Item history should not explain the history of how one obtained it but rather how it came to be created, your character history should explain how your character got it.  Everyone explains that history is a character development thing, if that was the case everyone and I mean everyone would have to start off the lowest of the low, in other words this isn't true history explains in depth to actually who your character is and why they do what they do.  Example, Hates Humans. . .well why?  there isn't any history in the app to explain it so I guess they were just born with that hatred right?  Guess so.  This is why I say history should not be optional it should be required to be made and at least 500WC, not that much.  And add on history should be optional.

003 Powers

I have recently discovered if you want amazing abilities you have to buy them via VIP or using real money, this is god awfully stupid as Power is only limited to the style of RP one could handle.  In other words, one could make a physical punch stronger than any power on this site if they did it right. So the excuse to make an ability VIP only just because it is Op is just beyond dumb as I can explain in several different ways its lower tiers in power could easily defeat it.  If I have to show evidence of overly high powers getting wiped out by weaker powers I could do so but honestly I believe I made my point.  I mean hell I made a fishing rod, yes a fishing rod, a weapon.  And believe it or not this fishing rod has killed and beat many people on the site I fought and I was a lower rank than them.  So there I just proved that power is only limited to the style of rp one can do.  Example, if a noob pays to get VIP to get one of your "OP" moves does that make it just? probably not because they will just not know how to use it entirely and they might make it more OP than it is, where as if an experienced role player who didn't pay VIP and shows proof of how well they Rp yet they get stuck using a lower version because they didn't pay VIP yet they could make just about any power given to them equal to that of one of the VIP abilities, would be able to use it and balance it out, but of course that isn't allowed right?  Again why I say payment for an ability you consider "OP" is only obtainable through VIP is stupid because really in the hands of anyone any ability can be seen as "OP".

Though if this doesn't help clear anything let's go ahead and take a look at a rather ridiculous ability that was allowed on the site I say ridiculous because it should not be allowed as it is not one, not two, but thirteen different abilities. What am I talking about? Well let me help break it down for you yeah?

Spoiler:

Wow that sure is a lot to understand right? Nope not at all now watch as I break it apart piece by piece and show you why this is far too much for an ability to do.

Waterbending: Kaseki is able to infuse liquids with telekinetic properties and move them at will. (Does damage equal to his Class)
    So here it states you get the ability of Water Manipulation, alright that is fair.

Secrets of The Marsh: Kaseki is able to change the state of water into a mist.
    This too is water manipulation, doesn't look like there is a problem to me to be honest just water manipulation.

Self Healing: Kaseki heals 10% per post, and 20% if he has full MP
    Hold up you are stacking another ability on top of water manip. . .of which has no draw back what so ever as too how much MP has to be used to self regen I call Meta.

Healing: Kaseki is able to sacrifice his Self Healing ability for one post to heal his allies for half the amout he would heal.
    Yet another healing ability that does not explain how much MP is needed to use what so ever again, Meta and still stacking.

Frostbite: Kaseki is able to freeze liquids at his command. (Does damage equal to his Class)
    Ice manip now. . .okay so healing water and ice. . .this is going into a red zone fast also doesn't explain how much power is needed to use as for the other skills.

Bloodbend: Kaseki is able to control a creature by controlling their bloodflow just like he does with water. It costs him 10%MP per post to control something.
    GOOD LORD ALL MIGHTY, yet another stacking ability of blood manipulation yet it seems like an auto hit, how is this allowed?

Firebending: Kaseki is able to cast fire, and cast away fire at will. (Does damage equal to his Class)
    Hmmm I am seeing an occurance of more abilities just to be stacked in here, this is a bit ridiculous especially since it doesn't explain how much MP is needed to use and draw backs from it.

Lightningbend: Kaseki is able to cast lightning and cast away lightning at will.
    Burning Soul: Kaseki gains 5% MP per post
    Yet again doesn't explain MP needed still stacking and a regen of MP you have got to be kidding me here. . .

Earthbending: Kaseki is able to move earth simply by directing his hands. His damage is based on how much MP he needs to move the rocks.
    Airbending: Kaseki is able to unleash gusts of wind with his movements. Deals ranked damage based on the MP cost that a spell would cost.
    Doesn't explain MP needed, draw backs oh and is stacking

Why is this relivant if it just says ???

BELIEVE IT!: The user gets the Earth, Metal, Ice, Water, Life, Wind, Fire, & Lightning elements in addition to their own.
    So it instantly allows other elements to be instantly installed into the memory added with the additional elements the person already knows? Hmmm seems like stacking to me

My overall assessment of this, it should not have been approved this is stacking way too many abilities and just looks like someone is power hungry and thinks it's right for them to have. I believe this wasn't fully read to the rules of this site as once again I have read them, these state no draw backs, mana needed, and it does far too much than it should it's literally 13-15 different types of magic in one. I get linages are technically an add on magic but is it 13-15? I don't think so, so before we really get upset that someone wants an ability that is "OP" let's just look at this one and simply think is it that big of a deal now? Or how bout this, should this lineage be allowed as it clearly is just stacking upon stacking of elements and powers already created on the site without draw backs and MP usage.

004 RP Samples

I have come to notice RP samples are not required to make your character, this should not be okay.  Then again you don't have ranks on the template so that make completely makes sense in that situation, however, it should be allowed so that you know the the limits one can go at for a certain position.  Meaning that it will help show what kind of roleplayer they are and how much more adaptable they will be in character vs. how they wouldn't be if they were new at it.  In other words would you accept an app that did two lines as apposed to 10?  This is just something to think on as I think it should be required.

Somewhere my coding broke in the midst of making this but I think I made some very good key points here such as template needs more details, History should not be optional, Powers are only as OP as to how a user role plays, and finally rp samples should be required to show how one can adapt to the site.  Again these are my opinions, feel free to voice yours but be sure to READ THIS FULLY, before you make any statements as I will know if you read this or not.  Thanks, for taking the time to reading this.
    Kaseki
    Kaseki
    Owner

The Water Within Shocking! I Need A Medic! Gravestone
    The Owner of The Site

Lineage : Gift of The Lion Turtle
    Origin : Pandora
    Sacred Shards :
    Class : Ω
    Level :
    Experience :

Character Sheet
    Character Name: Kaseki / Kodai
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Primary Magic: Gift of The Lion Turtle

My Overall Opinion On the Site Empty Re: My Overall Opinion On the Site

Post by Kaseki Thu May 28, 2015 11:49 am

I'm going to make this short, because no one likes a wall of text.

Templates: As that is cool and all about how you look... it doesn't fit. We don't bind you to an FC choice at at creation. It's super open, and you can change it at will. Now if we make you say "Uta -Tokyo Ghoul" at creation it would be perfect. But that's not how this site runs.

History: This site is "New Roleplayer Friendly". Would history be nice? Hell yes it would. Is it needed? No. Now I'm sure it would be helpful in knowing your character and all that jazz, but if you want to know how they got their power, it's in the magic (Or at least it should be.)

Powers: YUS, MY LINEAGE. GREAT POINT. TOTALLY OVER POWERED. YOU'RE RIGHT!

But then you get into lore and the story of the site and all these other things. Kaseki is the most powerful character. Now is this fair? No. Do I RP him? For plots, and event purposes mainly. Now if you want to nitpick the MP values and so forth.. but refer to This list, and look at it again. If I spend A-Ranked MP, it's an A-Ranked spell of whatever.

Now we can go on about every ability and all this other crap, but as the Creator of the World you RP in, it won't change. (This is the Wicked Avatar concept.) Now if you want to pick on other app, by all means do it. Things are graded on a curve. Meaning higher ranks will be more powerful, period.

RP Sample: Like I said, this is a New-Roleplayer Friendly site. You need RP samples for higher positions. That was the result of us not putting it in the app.

Pardon the rambling. i have not had breakfast.
    Kaseki
    Kaseki
    Owner

The Water Within Shocking! I Need A Medic! Gravestone
    The Owner of The Site

Sacred Shards :
    Class : Ω
    Level :
    Experience :

Character Sheet
    Character Name: Kaseki / Kodai
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Primary Magic: Gift of The Lion Turtle

Post by Kaseki Fri May 29, 2015 1:12 am

Thread will be locked in 48 Hours, should there be no further comments.
    Kodai
    Kodai

I'm Important Too! My Overall Opinion On the Site Empty

Sacred Shards : 7
    Class : F
    Level : 1
    Experience : 0

Post by Kodai Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:33 am