Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Unknown Lands

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! Your last visit was . You have made 118 posts! Please welcome our newest member, Amaihana!

The Exterminator

Randous
    Randous
    Krillin VIP

I Need A Medic! The Giving Tree I'm Important Too! The Exterminator Empty

Lineage : Experiment : 626
    Position : None
    Origin : Urban City
    Sacred Shards : 0
    Class : D
    Level : 34
    Experience : 2170

Character Sheet
    Character Name: Randous Ordo
    Alignment: Neutral
    Primary Magic: Terminator (Skill)

The Exterminator Empty The Exterminator

Post by Randous Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:46 am

Admin wrote:Job Title: Pest Control
    Job Requirements: 1-4 characters. 150 words per post, 7 posts per character. Must roll 3 times.
    Job Location: Urban City
    Job Description: Rats have infested several buildings in the heart of the Urban City. Normally, the city would simply destruct the buildings; however, if these buildings fall, they would topple other buildings as well. The League of Neutrals has put up a reward for whomever can clear the rats out of the buildings, while still keeping the buildings intact.
    Enemies:
    Weak: Normal Rat x10. These are just normal rats; while they are disgusting, they aren't that dangerous (half a D-rank spell's worth of damage per bite). An AoE D-Rank spell can take them all out, but be careful not to destroy the building.
    Normal: Giant Rat X1. A single giant rat can be a nuisance, but is not enormously dangerous. It's bite does D-rank damage; two D-Rank spells should take it down.
    Strong: Giant Rat x5. A swarm of giant rats is very deadly; their swarming tactics can easily overwhelm an unprepared mage. Each one takes 2 D-rank spells to bring down.
    Boss: If you roll the boss die, act as if you rolled the strong monster (so fight the pack of Giant Rats).

Reward: For clearing the buildings, the League of Neutrals rewards you with 2,000 coins. You get no monetary reward if you destroyed the building. (1 D-Class Reward dice.)

Randous wasn't used to being asked by the League of Neutrals to do a mission. He had never been asked by a guild/organization before to do a job; his clientele up until now being composed solely of individuals out of pocket. Of course this job wasn't exactly his usual job description. He enjoyed killing things, but he was more in the service of killing people. Political figures, gang bosses, that type of thing. He wondered why the hell these rats were such a problem. Anyone with a gun could shoot rats, right? The humiliation bothered him, but money was money. And they promised him a decent amount. That was all a dude could ask for. He was just outside the building scanning it down to see if there was anything ominous about it. His instincts told him there was nothing to feel anxious about. He carefully began to step inside the mysterious building. He wasn't sure what he should be expecting, but he was confident he could handle it no problem.

[WC: 171]

Last edited by Randous on Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Randous
    Randous
    Krillin VIP

Character Sheet

The Exterminator Empty Re: The Exterminator

Post by Randous Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:08 am

As the terminator stepped inside the dark, dreary building he immediately began to scan his surroundings behind his one glowing red eye. He began to think to himself of what was in store for him. It was most likely just going to be a boring mission of killing some rats these suckers were too scared to kill, but what if it was something more? He couldn't dismiss the possibility. After all he had heard of this organization containing some rather scary individuals. If it was just a matter of normal rats surely they knew someone who could discreetly handle this? "How... strange," he thought to himself in solitude. He walked silently, carefully through the building. He was trying hard not to be heard. Suddenly he heard a small scurrying resonate across the creepy building, knowing that these creatures had finally sensed his presence. The first wave was coming.

Gripping his rifle hanging on a strap, the mercenary prepared himself for what was to come. Surely he would be able to get of these pesky things with just this, but if not he had other weapons that could do the job just fine. He was prepared for whatever was coming his way.

[WC: 201]

Last edited by Randous on Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
    NPC
    NPC
    Admin

I'm Important Too! I'm Important Too! I'm Important Too! The Exterminator Empty
    You must have rolled a lot of dice...

Lineage : Wrath of The NPC
    Origin : Admin Panel
    Sacred Shards : ?
    Class : ?
    Level : ?
    Experience : ?

Post by NPC Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:08 am

The member 'Randous' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Monster Dice' :
    The Exterminator V32eqw
    Randous
    Randous
    Krillin VIP

Character Sheet

Post by Randous Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:22 am

They came into view now, coming in a small swarm. These rats were ordinary, furry creatures with no significant characteristics whatsoever to the mercenary. They carried diseases and they bit things. That was child's play to someone like Randous however. Someone of his talents was being wasted here. "So much for fun. A contract's a contract though," he muttered to himself in almost disgust. Gripping the somewhat large rifle he aimed the weapon carefully - his singular eye looking and waiting for them to come into range. The rifle was only good within a limited range of fifty yards and as such he was waiting patiently for them to come closer. Carefully calculating the distance between the filthy vermin and himself, Randous felt his fingers itching to pull the trigger.

Once the rodents got within his range he fired. The battle had begun, though it wasn't much of a battle at all for Randous.

[WC: 154; 10 Normal Rats Inbound]

Last edited by Randous on Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
    NPC
    NPC
    Admin

Post by NPC Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:22 am

'Monster Dice' :
    The Exterminator V32eqw
    Randous
    Randous
    Krillin VIP

Character Sheet

Post by Randous Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:30 am

A large bang sound resonated from the weapon as a singular pointed round shot out in the distance perfectly for the head of one of the rodents. Randous could feel the kick of the weapon, but it did nothing to affect his aim. He was quite used to his guns. Blood splattered as the insignificant creature met his end. But it did not end there, for Randous fired four more shots right after it, carefully aiming and re-aiming his rifle in the perfect trajectories to hit his targets where they stood. But after killing five he still had five to contend with. And they were closing in... with reinforcements on the way.

More rats entered the fray after their comrades. Even if he was to reload his weapon... at this point he was just wasting useful bullets. Instead he would need something a little less drastic than his rifle. Randous leapt back closer towards the wall to gain more distance as the vermin continued to close in on him. Putting his rifle back strapped on his back he pulled out his sword, the fine tang blade wrapped in green cloth. They were just rodents. He'd be able to take even a swarm of them without getting bit (at the very least not bit much).

(WC 214; 5/10 normal rats killed, with +10 normal rats incoming)

Last edited by Randous on Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:34 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Randous
    Randous
    Krillin VIP

Character Sheet

Post by Randous Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:57 am

(Not sure if I'm supposed to be notating this for you guys reading but currently there are 15/20 normal rats still remaining for Randous)

Randous charged off with his tang blade in hand prepared for what was to come. In one hand, his dominant left, he was holding the blade to shred these things in melee range. With a mighty swing of his blade he cleaved right through three of these filthy things in one stroke. He felt a satisfaction in killing these things, despite the fact that these things were pathetic beings that probably couldn't really fight back. He didn't have much time as he had to lift his right foot to kick away an incoming rat attempting to leap on him and bite him. The rest were smart in trying to encircle him now, but he responded by jumping right over all of them in a backflip right as they tried to attack him. Only one of them got through trying to bite the plating over his right leg. If he wasn't careful however the armor really could break in this shit of a place. They followed right after his scent but swing after swing and the rats blood began to stain his blade.

The second wave was dead as well. But more were coming.

[WC 193: 0/20 rats remaining. new wave inbound]

Last edited by Randous on Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
    NPC
    NPC
    Admin

Post by NPC Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:57 am

'Monster Dice' :
    The Exterminator 2ewz4at
    Randous
    Randous
    Krillin VIP

Character Sheet

Post by Randous Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:32 pm

This was perhaps the most tedious job he had ever went on. He hated this. His blade was far too messy at this to keep slicing through these folks with. He took out his sidearm holstered on his right side, gripping it firmly in his right hand. He could hear the third wave coming, how the fuck were so many rats in one building? It was a bit strange to him. But he was ready with his gun. He fired one bullet from the side arm, the projectile digging right into its skull from ten yards away. He fired once more and killed another rat from nine yards away, and then once again from eight yards away. This was a piece of cake to him, albeit being gross. He overlooked the disgust in favor the money to come. He had one final bullet in his gun, and seven of these vermin left to kill.

[WC 154: 7/30 Rats remaining. One bullet in Deadshot remaining.]

Last edited by Randous on Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Randous
    Randous
    Krillin VIP

Character Sheet

Post by Randous Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:10 am

With one final bullet left he reduced the amount of vermin left to exterminate to a simple six. It is almost over at this point. Randous put away his pistol. Lifting a foot he kicked away a leaping rat into two behind it. With his foot back down and his hands reaching for his sheathe. Taking out his blade once more he would have to just get rid of the remaining rats with his melee weapon. He got to work with a horizontal slash through one of them, spewing their guts all over the place. Two of them launched onto his other arm trying to gnaw through his armor, but he shrugged them off with enough force to send them flying, wounding them critically. He was getting impatient and eventually just went berserk, slicing through them one after the other in a vicious rage. He was tired of these damn things and just wanted them dead. He rushed over and sliced the wounded first to end them permanently, when three behind him suddenly bite his legs again from behind. He grunted in pain as they finally tore through his armor, their attacks and numbers wearing him down over time. Even he had his limits. He leapt into the air with the rats still biting onto him and did a back flip. They didn't have the strength to hang on and thus launched off of his foot into a nearby wall. The building was still intact, but with minor damage to the walls. It was easily fixable. Randous took care of the final two after reloading his pistol and firing into them. They were unconscious but he wanted them to die.

"Well done, Randous," a random voice spoke to him. "Who the hell was that?" the mercenary thought to himself. "I'm glad you can handle rodents fairly well," he said almost condescendingly. "But let us see how you fare with my next test..." Randous was confused as to the implication. Someone from the Legion of Neutrals hired him to kill rats... as a test? A test for what? He didn't like being used. But at least his reward was left for him. He would be sure to investigate that voice for another time...

[WC: 372, 0/30 Rats Remaining; Thread Done]
    Fetus
    Fetus
    Shinigami VIP

I'm Important Too! The Exterminator Empty

Lineage : Martyr's Soul
    Origin : Pandora
    Sacred Shards : 16
    Class : C
    Level : 23
    Experience : 10870

Character Sheet
    Character Name: Fetus
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Primary Magic: Dog

Post by Fetus Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:29 pm

For the future, even if your bank, or your items are in your siggy, please link them in the post you first used them in.

Also helps to mention all items you brought into the thread in the first post~
    NPC
    NPC
    Admin

Post by NPC Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:29 pm

The member 'Fetus' has done the following action : Dices roll

'D Class Reward Dice' :