Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Unknown Lands

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! Your last visit was . You have made 118 posts! Please welcome our newest member, Amaihana!

Almost Familiar Places [XaYang]

Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

I Need A Medic! How It's Made The Giving Tree Runs With The Wind
    HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Lineage : Soul of The Storm
    Position : None
    Origin : Urban City
    Sacred Shards : 15
    Class : A
    Level : 58
    Experience : 30200

Almost Familiar Places [XaYang] Empty Almost Familiar Places [XaYang]

Post by Skylar Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:05 pm

Thankfully, XaYang was more than willing to talk about the things that Skylar inquired about. It was strange really, as if he had been doing this sort of thing for a long time. He was gentle with how he said things, but sure footed enough to make sure that there was no room for questioning what he was saying- almost as if everything he said was entirely truthful. And Skylar believed that it was. However, as they continued walking, they came across something that made her smile. The noises. The rush. The one thing that every single place had which was bursting with activity was basically a marketplace.

Or something... That was similar like that.

Skylar was rather entertained as she walked alongside XaYang, her eyes taking in the details of everyone rushing past, busy to get from one place to the next. Stores lined the streets, people and creatures alike walking forth, always in their own hurry to get from one place. It was almost nice to see so many others up and around, it almost reminded her of the marketplaces of Utopia. She'd had more than one person trying to rob her there though, which wasn't the best experience that she'd ever had.

But hey, at least, right now... She had nothing worth anything of value, aside from her own self. But, she doubted that people would try and just kidnap an entire person.

Humming with her own amusement, her eyes flickered back to XaYang. "So, you never really told me about the girl just yet..." She began, watching him closely for any signs that now wasn't the best time to bring that up. The former Traveler was vague enough so that others around them wouldn't know- she was just hoping that XaYang would be able to figure out what she meant. If not, well, then that'd be troublesome.

"I also have a really stupid question to ask... Are people who are alive here choosing to be alive? Can they pass over and... well, basically cease to exist at any time they choose?"
    Xayang
    Xayang

Gravestone I'm Important Too! LET IT BURN! Almost Familiar Places [XaYang] Empty

Lineage : Starcrossed Lovers, Sol
    Origin : Kingdom of Kai
    Sacred Shards : 0
    Class : F
    Level : 1
    Experience : 2075

Almost Familiar Places [XaYang] Empty Re: Almost Familiar Places [XaYang]

Post by Xayang Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:26 pm

"Ruby was the first recorded fairy to exist in Pandora, a Faery to be exact." he would say, "She was a slayer of light when I first saw her, but her magic changed many times." He never questioned the idea of self reinvention, He, after all, was born anew every few cycles or so. He was a victim to his own choice sooner or later.

"When you die in Pandora, or when you are a spirit and wish you move on, you go to Pandecim." he spoke again, only from a single experience, a single week he lived in that place alone, confused. . .  ."There you will face a man named Kyonshi. Some call him Death's Bartender. To those that know the story of his origin, he is both Kaseki's student and mentor."

Oh how he hated the sight of that old man. But still he walked along side of the woman, catching the sights of the busy streets. People either rushed passed them without a second look, or seemed to slow down to stare into the face of Xa. His hands were folded along the small of his back, his back hund at his side from his shoulder with his books. His chin high and his tail dragging. He looked of royalty and nobility. And that was, in truth, because he was.
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:11 pm

A Slayer of light?

Skylar was a little puzzled by what this was, but still, she wasn't one to question it. Certainly that sort of information was going to be able to explained or revealed to her at another time. Maybe it was something that she truly didn't need to worry about. After all, maybe it wasn't something that she was ever going to experience or run into at any point in time? Questions and explanations for these sorts of things would come from her when the time came for it.

Or perhaps there were books about it all somewhere that she could read during her spare time? That would be something that she'd be interested in doing. Reading to stave off her chronic hate of boredom. That sounded like a good idea. She continued to listen to XaYang as he spoke, glancing across to him occasionally as well as straight forward to ensure that they weren't just going to run into someone. Or a pole. That'd be embarrassing.

"What does he do, just talk with you about the decisions that you're going to have to make, or... what?" She was curious about him, however, if XaYang didn't want to speak about it or had little knowledge of him, there was no way that Skylar would push it out of him. That would just be rude. Or maybe she would...

She case her blackened eyes to the crowds again. They all had places to go, people to see, things to buy. But they kept glancing across to XaYang, who was holding himself proudly and continually ignored the glances that people gave to him. Thankfully, they seemed to be avoiding running into him, but... Something about how they looked to the lizard man made Skylar almost hesitate. Maybe there was a reason they were avoiding him... But, he seemed harmless enough, so there was nothing to fear there. All he'd done was help so far. Shrugging to herself, she turned her attention back to the shops and stalls, people walking around with bags of what they'd bought, some food, clothing, metals, some things in boxes, books...

Books!

Skylar managed to reign in her excitement for a few moments, "This may be a stupid question, but... After this, where will I go from here? I have no form of job, nor a deep understanding about this place. What sorts of things are there that I can do and help people out? And, if it's... not rude, why do people keep glancing at you with a look of... I'm not sure what the look is, in their eyes?"

Ergh, that was a little vague for her, but, Skylar gave an apologetic smile, returning her gaze to the surroundings. There was just so much for her to take in, to remember- she'd surely need more than a lifetime to see everything!
    Xayang
    Xayang

Gravestone I'm Important Too! LET IT BURN! Almost Familiar Places [XaYang] Empty

Post by Xayang Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:35 pm

"In your world. when you die. Do you know what happens to your soul? What if you were kind and loving, or cruel and evil? How is your fate decided?" He asked the question rhetorically, but it was up to her if she wished to answer. "Kyonshi judges every soul when it comes their time. Kaseki is the one who determines when it is time for you to be judged."

Listening to her words, minding nothing of the local storekeeps, he was faced with multiple questions, all asked in good reason. "You do have a job. Your job is to understand yourself. As far as learning this realm. consider yourself part of the Legion, if anyone questions your rank, tell them you serve me." He would stop walking, only to think of tasks for her to do, "At any inn, bar, or state building you'll find some bulletin board. On it, missions locals need help with. You can start there, or find the base of operations of the Legion of Neutrals." And then he was faced with his own truth. The ugly truth.

He would reach into his bag to take out a smaller book, one that seemed aged and ancient, yet the pages printed and new, unlike what bound it together. A single emblem embossed on the cover. He would hand it to her. It looked almost demonic, but his words would follow with instruction. "The call me a Bludluzt." he would tell her, "After a nightmare's tale that was a children't myth to my people of a bloodfeasting beast. My species is the Undorian. We are a mostly amphibious kind, thought to be extinct. . . as man hunted us, and we always came out on top. We fled to our original home, ran out of our cities. Now we quietly watch over the mortal people." But he would pause. "But that is not why they look at me. They look at me for I am the caretaker of this realm's Guardian's Children. To them, I am a half-deity, but I am nothing more than a parental lizard to a mortal noble." he would sigh, "Some tales of my kind, as well as this realm's origin are in there."
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:06 pm

Instead of answering the rhetorical question, she waited for a few moments. Her patience was rewarded by him answering it himself, explaining the two for her. Slowly, she filed the information away carefully. So Kaseki would decide when judgement time was, and Kyonshi would judge those who Kaseki would send. Oh if she could just tell others about this! They would find it eternally satisfying, to know what is waiting for them beyond the nothing. It wasn't something to be afraid of after all...

She shook her head.

Now wasn't the time for that. However, the break between XaYangs sentences wasn't exactly short and she hurried to ensure that she began to listen once more to what he was saying. So she'd be... a part of the Legion of Neutrals? What did they do? She shrugged to herself. She'd find that out eventually, even if it wasn't the best of things, well, it'd stave off her boredom and that's all that she could ask. That and not to murder innocent little kids, that'd be nice as well. However, the information of the bulletin board was interesting and she slowly nodded, again having to file that away for later.

She was going to get a headache from everything she was going to have to do... But that was quickly dashed from her thoughts as he handed her a book. Skylar took it gingerly, not opening it as he spoke again. She listened in silence, looking at the book with interest as it seemed to be old and ancient. However, within the old covers, there were new pages which seemed barely used- something that maybe just was proof that the book was designed to look old? Skylar shrugged.

"That's... Surprising. I didn't think that things could be so bad here... But it seems as though it had been a long time ago, so hopefully it's not as dire at the moment. Are you sure you are alright with me reading this? I don't want to pry into something that could be considered your past and read things which aren't exactly... things your proud of, I suppose?"

She looked back to XaYang, then the book. She did have something on her person before she stepped through the portal, however... she'd been forced to ditch the items as she couldn't get them and herself out of place that she found herself at. Which, to her, kinda sucked. She had lost a variety of notes that she'd made about a few of their own realms an she was less than pleased about that. However, she couldn't do anything about that now. Skylar turned the book over, investigating and looking at the different symbols that were on the book. It... almost looked creepy, but, she'd honestly seen books that were worse than what this was in terms of symbols and looks.

When she had the time, Skylar was sure she'd keep read it... Sometime.

"Oh... And... if I can ask, what do you mean by understand myself?" Goodness, she was probably considered an idiot for asking that...
    Xayang
    Xayang

Post by Xayang Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:29 pm

"It's a book of my people, not me. It's a historical text, not my diary." he would continue, trying to find something that wouldn't lead to her being overloaded with information.

"You must understand where your heritage fits into the grand storybook that is this land. You must discover your chapter as well as the few pages leading to your tale. Only you can uncover what is to be written about you." He would take a moment to look around the city, as if he was waiting for someone. "For now, I will leave you to yourself. When you have learned as you can from this kingdom, I will travel with you to the next. Here you will have to find one of three people to find your answers. You can find Takaime, the first female royal guard, Ryn the Viri of the Waylands or Aknaid and Nameless. All of which are under the banner of the Legion of Neutrals. They'll most likely be in the Black Market or Daten City, a district within the walls of this city." There was little of him to tell to her. Most of the truth was explained, and th erest was for her to find on her own. If she had no further questions, she had to find out some things on her own. Xa'Yang had few things to do in the city, of which he needed to do alone. He would watch over her adventures in the city, careful to be seen only when needed. But alas, he wanted to make sure she was ready to be taken from his nest, even for just a moment.
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:15 pm

Slowly, Skylar nodded. So she'd have to figure things out on her own. Sure, she was nervous about it- she would be a fool if she wasn't. Raising a hand, the feathers flowing in the gentle breeze, she rubbed the back of her head lightly. "Well, I suppose that's fair. I'll try and find the ones that you suggested, but can I just ask for directions to the Black Market? And how will I recognise either of the people who you have mentioned, I suppose I'm a little worried about somewhat just showing up and not having the right people around, or talking to the wrong person. Or will they approach me- I mean, it's certainly not like they will miss me."

With that, Skylar had to laugh rather lightly. After all, it wasn't every single day that someone with as vibrant and unusual clothing such as herself would just rock up and be there.
    Xayang
    Xayang

Post by Xayang Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:41 pm

"You could, or you can go to the inner city and follow black doors. Officials won't think much of it, since the Legion of Neutrals ARE the officials," He shrugged. Everything was a bit contradictory. The black market was less of a place of crime, more of a place of theivery and rip off prices and products. There was no regulation there, and it was typically never up to health and safety codes. It's why the general public shyed away from the depths of the city to that place.

"You can't miss them, and I'm sure they'll catch wind of you soon. Takaime is a female fish knight, Ryn a pale gray skinned elf, Aknaid an armored insect, and The Nameless is currently a cat... I think, still?" He was puzzled, but even so, it was true . . . for now.
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:49 pm

Slowly, Skylar came to a stop, before turning to face XaYang. "I think I'd rather follow those doors actually... The last thing I want is for people to think I actually am up to no good... However, what you just said is begging me to ask you something else. After all, I kinda just got here, how will they catch wind of me? By general gossiping I'm assuming and spreading rumours?" She asked easily, before looking back down at the book. Hmm, she didn't seem to have her pack with her, so she'd need to carry it by hand until she found something that she could quickly use as a bag. Or maybe it wasn't designed to be put in normal bags and perhaps carrying it would be for the best?

With a shrug to herself, she quickly decided just to carry the darn book. It wouldn't hurt her to do that. "And... Has anyone ever had trouble finding out about themselves? Or is it a journey that can be both hard and easy to follow?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:15 am