Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Unknown Lands

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! Your last visit was . You have made 118 posts! Please welcome our newest member, Amaihana!

And so the Sky still keeps turns [Private, Lexia]

Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

I Need A Medic! How It's Made The Giving Tree Runs With The Wind
    HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Lineage : Soul of The Storm
    Position : None
    Origin : Urban City
    Sacred Shards : 15
    Class : A
    Level : 58
    Experience : 30200

And so the Sky still keeps turns [Private, Lexia] Empty And so the Sky still keeps turns [Private, Lexia]

Post by Skylar Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:42 pm

Skylar
    Pandora's Phoenix
    Despite the words and training which Skylar had been going through, she wasn't able to help herself when she noted that she was actually becoming exhausted. Perhaps even tired. Skylar had reached a point in time where she simply needed to have a short relaxation and respite period. Even if only to stop for a few moments to recover recollect her thoughts. Things were beginning to blur together, days upon days, hours into hours, the vivid pictures of blood splattered men surfacing with a fire and rage into her mind. She slowly exhaled. Sure, she did what she did with purpose and reason, but at the same time, it didn't mean that she loved doing it sometimes.

Especially when she could remember the lifeless eyes... Staring at her. Into her very being.

She simply did it because it was the right thing to do. Putting them out of their misery was the last thing she needed to do for Nameless.

With a small groan, the feathered armed lady took a seat on a nearby bench. People passed her by, animals scurried to and fro, in search of their own food for the day. Speaking of food, her stomach almost growled at the thought. She'd force herself to go and get something another time and another day. Maybe a day was pushing it, after all she did need to eat more regularly than other people. Leaning forward, she rested her head against her hands. It was going to be a tough next few weeks, maybe something she didn't even enjoy, but she would have to endure.

Even if she died attempting to do the will of Nameless and fulfill her promise.
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

LET IT BURN! The Water Within Terraforming And so the Sky still keeps turns [Private, Lexia] Empty

Lineage : Genbu, The Black Tortoise
    Sacred Shards : 51
    Class : B
    Level : 50
    Experience : 5180

And so the Sky still keeps turns [Private, Lexia] Empty Re: And so the Sky still keeps turns [Private, Lexia]

Post by Lexia Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:09 pm

Lexia sighed a bit to herself. This reality, this realm didn't make much sense to her, everything that happened was either for good or for bad. Just like every other place she had been to. But at the same time, there was a unique sense of peace, as if there was someone watching over the entire plane to ensure that it still kept turning. XaYang had allowed her to come back here for a few days almost alone. However she couldn't help it as her feet continued to walk towards the first place that she had been. The ramen shop. Noodles.

She remembered that much at least.

With a small smile, her metallic boots clinking gently when they came into contact with the ground, she dogs ran past her, people waved. Lexia gave a polite smile and incline of her head, acknowledging their existence. Which surprised her a little. She wasn't exactly a friendly person, yet here she was, attempting to be kind to complete strangers. Those who were before her one day, and yet, gone the very next. Her eyes spotted a rather unusual lass as she sat down on a bench. She seemed relatively young, maybe the same age as Lexia herself. Although she had learned one thing here. Looks were rather deceiving. Shrugging it off, she almost walked by her. Until the lass rested her head against their hands.

Almost sighing in annoyance, but compelled by a form of compassion or worry, Lexia stopped shy of them. "Hey, are you alright?" The question was simple, but enough to convey the emotions that she held for the girl before her.

Which was nothing, although, it still carried traces of worry.
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

And so the Sky still keeps turns [Private, Lexia] Empty Re: And so the Sky still keeps turns [Private, Lexia]

Post by Skylar Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:21 pm

Skylar
    Pandora's Phoenix
    "Hey, are you alright?"

The very sentence almost made Skylar jump in fright. Her eyes almost snapped up to the foreigners, her iris-less eyes locking onto the sky blue ones. They almost seemed startled that she reacted so quickly to them, the girl taking a small step back in surprise. With a nervous chuckle, Skylar rose her hand to rub the back of her head. "Sorry, I was just... Well, deep in thought." She answered honestly, the feathers brushing against the back of the chair as she moved it back to rest by her side. "My apologies, I didn't mean to really cause too much of a worry."

Although that was honest, the poor woman still felt as if nothing had been relieved, the weight of the world seemingly placed upon her shoulders with no sign of her ever giving that burden away. Why would she? It was vital for her to carry and thus, she would carry it until it was completed. Her eyes wandered over the form of the other female, seemingly wearing some form of armour, carrying thing, see through material over her arms and back. In a way, it was just as odd as what she wore. Although, Skylar had to admit to herself that it certainly wasn't that bad of an appearance. Hers at least, Skylar glanced down and well, in comparison to the woman standing before her, she was practically wearing her underwear. A simply gown with long sleeves covered in a thick layer of gleaming feathers. Behind that, she had thick black hair flowing down to her waist.

"My names Skylar by the way." She said quickly, raising her hand to Lexia with a smile on her face, hoping that she would take it as a sign of peace.
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

LET IT BURN! The Water Within Terraforming And so the Sky still keeps turns [Private, Lexia] Empty

Post by Lexia Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:51 pm

The way that she just turned her head and rose her eyes towards her caused Lexia to take a half step back. The iris-less eyes seemed to stare into her soul for a few moments, before a nervous chuckle came from them as their rose their hand to scratch the back of their head. The softness and honesty of their voice caught Lexia off guard, and she blinked a little in surprise. How could someone be so honest, yet be so troubled? It was clear to her that, through this lady's speech, she was holding something rather large back.

But Lexia refused to pry.

Her feathered arms resembled that of parrot-wings, gorgeous yellows, blues and reds sewn through it, which matched the ladies earrings and colour around her eyes. To be honest, the overwhelming colours made Skylar truly stand out in a crowd, however at the same time, it was refreshing. Something that wasn't too inhuman, yet at the same time, was rather human as well. She guessed. Whatever, she was rambling internally at this point in time. The woman stated her name and raised her hand, to which Lexia took it firmly.

"Lexia." She returned, a small frown on her face. Despite the other being female, their grip was surprisingly firm, almost tight around her hand. After shaking it just twice, she let go and gave a small laugh. "You didn't really worry me. But regardless, it's fine. But I do have to ask, what's with the feathered outfit? Did you manage to steal it from somewhere here?" Lexia asked bluntly, before realising how badly that could have been taken.

She internally shrugged. If she took it badly then, well, what was she going to do about it?
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:01 am

Skylar
    Pandora's Phoenix
    Skylars grip around Lexia's hand seemed to surprise the younger one, and after two firm shakes, Skylar quickly released it. She didn't want to crush her hand too much in the exchange after all. At the other females comment, she rolled her eyes a little. "I don't think you'd find anything this... Out of the ordinary here. No, this was the last thing which I took from my home... Realm to here. It's the last trace of my former life. I think you know the story around here." Skylar said easily with a bit of a laugh. "Everyones story is different. Some are born here, others live here, others are transported here from a variety of realms. And judging by what you said, I am more willing to believe that you are an outsider as well, so to speak?"

With a small shrug, she stood from her seat, her hands brushing the dust free from her form. Her winged arms trailed across the bench, helping to dust that clear as well. "I suppose you'll probably have questions as to where I'm from? But regardless, all I can really say is that I'm from a place where I travelled between realms. I had my back to death itself, death through a madman... His name I can't quite remember, but he was maddened by his Eye, but regardless... I was backed up, and the portal that I opened to return home seemed different. It was either stepping through that, or embrace death itself. So, without anything left to lose, I stepped through. And wound up here..." Skylar said easily, rolling her shoulders a little as she turned to face Lexia. Then she grinned sheepishly. "I didn't bore you too much, did I? And, if I can ask... If you're a foreigner, where did you come from?"
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

Post by Lexia Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:16 am

Out of the ordinary? Lexia raised an eyebrow. That was almost certainly a rather underestimating statement in her eyes. She'd never seen anything like it before, at all in her eyes. But that was as far as she could remember. Since practically wandering in this plane...

She shook her head, realising that Skylar was speaking a story to her, of her own origins. It was correct that Lexia was a foreigner to these lands, just like this girl was. Remaining quiet and vigilantly listening to her, the details that she spoke. To Lexia, it was quite different to her. After the woman finished speaking, she gave a small nod. So she didn't have a choice but to come here? That was completely different to her circumstances. With a nervous laugh, Lexia rose her mechanical arm to rub the back of her head. Strands of hair almost got caught in the joints. "Well, you see... I'm a special case. I don't have a lot of memories from my previous life. I just remember faces, glimpses of what I had. But I remember being barred in a prison. Or something like it... Unable to help myself from doing horrible things. I could only watch helplessly, but truly, that's all I remember. If you were looking for a story from me, then I'm sorry, but I'm going to disappoint you in that regard, because I simply know and remember nothing at all."

With a nervous laugh, she pulled her hand away and began to rub at the edge of her other elbow.

Last edited by Lexia on Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:25 am

Skylar
    Pandora's Phoenix
    How couldn't people remember where their origins were?

Why were there cases so horrible that they have their very memories stripped from them?

Was she just like the other corrupt beings which she had been silencing?

No. The way her metallic arm raised to rub her opposing arm. No, that wasn't right of her to assume something so drastic. Just judging by her, how she was, how she stood, how she kept her distance... No one would willingly do that to themselves.

But what would happen if they were forced to do something they didn't want to do? Maybe they were forced to become something they weren't? Maybe? With a small sigh, Skylar gave her a reassuring smile. "There's no need to worry about not telling me a story. I just have more to tell than most others, please, there's no reason to feel bad due to it." She tried to say, and make her tone match the sincerity of her own reassurance. "Have you met Nameless? Or perhaps a small little lizard? They might be able to help you on your journey through these lands... If there's any trace of memories left in you, I have no doubts in my mind that they will be able to find it for you." Skylar replied with a great grin, the confidence in her through the sheer mention of her mentor shining through.

"If you stick with them, maybe they might be able to help... But if you don't mind, I was going to go grab something to eat after thinking for a bit. My recent... Jobs haven't exactly been relaxing recently." Skylar nervously explained, before gesturing to a nearby stall.

"I don't suppose that you'd care to come with me?"
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

Post by Lexia Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:40 am

The words Nameless, no, the name jogged something in her memory. For a few moments, Lexia thought about it and could remember something about those two things which the girl before her mentioned. With a small nod, she considered what Skylar had said. "I have met the two that you're thinking of I believe, but one was more in passing than anything else. Her eyes... Always unnerved me." She said with a small laugh. However, perhaps this foreigner was right with what she was saying. If either of them could help her, even just slightly, with her false memories, she would do anything to have them restored.

But that thought only stayed with her for a few moments- what would happen if her memories were horrid, what if she were a slayer of millions? What if it was worse than that?

That was when Skylar offered to go and grab something to eat. With a laugh, she nodded. "I have nothing better to do." She admitted honestly, before glancing towards where the female gestured. Food did sound good, but something rung a little alarmingly in her. The other had jobs that plagued her? With another gesture, she began to walk with Skylar towards the stall. "If you don't mind me asking, what sorts of jobs have you been doing, they seem to be plaguing your thoughts."

She asked, flicking her hair over her shoulder to get it out of the way. And mainly out of her face, so she could watch where she was going, especially because of the random people walking through the streets. Dogs stopped to go and dig through the trash as they continued to walk forward, towards the opening of the stall. At least the smell of the food was appealing from where she was standing...
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:10 pm

Skylar
    Pandora's Phoenix
    Thankfully, Lexia seemed to be somewhat interested in her idea. With a small smile, she nodded, before joining her in the short walk towards the small door. Quickly she opened it for Lexia, before going inside. Despite her questions regarding her job, Skylar was in a more questionable state of mind. If she were to just spout off the details to anyone and everyone, then there was a high chance of them leeching out and telling others. With a smile, the feathered lady shook her head. "Although I would love to be able to tell you, some things are better left in the dark. Unfortunately, this is one of the things which I need to do on my own and carry almost alone. I do have a mentor who is guiding me through what I do. It's something which I suggest that you do as well. It... Might help with some of your problems, especially regarding your memories."

Right as she finished speaking, she shrugged, before leading them towards a small table right beside a window. Seated on the table was a small vase with a few field flowers. Right as the pair would sit down, a waitress came over to the pair of them, a small smile on her face. "Good afternoon you two! What can I get for you?" She asked to which Skylar returned the smile. "Just the usual, thanks... And what about yourself, Lexia?" Skylar asked while the waitress was scribbling down the order on a small notepad for the pair, before her eyes rose to Lexia, expectantly.
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

Post by Lexia Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:02 am

Although she was expecting to be denied the information, actually being declined wasn't exactly the nicest thing which she had experienced. Regardless, Lexia gave her a small nod as she took a seat near the rather unusual feathered lady. Although she was asked as to what she wanted, the blue eyed girl gave another shrug.

She'd been doing that a bit recently.

"If it's alright with you, I'd just like something simple. Whatever is cheap and easy, if that is any help at all?" Lexia asked, to which the waitress nodded, her smile bright on her face. "Sure thing, that's not a problem at all! I'll bring you both out some water soon... Is there anything else which I can get you?" She shook her head, and the younger lass nodded and, with a giant smile on her face, turned and almost bounded away like a deer. With energy like her own, it was almost impossible for Lexia to look or even be sad. Skylar, the atmosphere around them, the sheer enthusiasm and willingness to get in there and do something that these two seemed to have... Lexia blinked. Why was she analysing the similarities between a waitress and Sky? With an internal laugh, she moved a little and returned eye contact back to Sky. "Well, if you can't tell me what sorts of things you've been doing, why not chin up and just carry it a little easier? Probably's harsh, but seriously, you looked absolutely miserable back on the bench."

Lexia pushed a little, to which she could almost see Skylar's eyes relenting just a little. "Well, at least find someone to talk to regarding these issues." Lexia said with a small smile, almost giving a bit of a laugh. She would have offered herself, but what was the point? Lexia couldn't even remember if she was the sort of girl who could carry other peoples burdens...

She remembered virtually nothing, the past life a simple blur covered by a thick veil.
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:00 pm

Skylar
    Pandora's Phoenix
    Skylar shook her head as well, declining anything else. As soon as the waitress left, the feathered lady leaned back into her chair a little more. Lexia was rather blunt with her following words, but she gave a small chuckle. "Although that could have been offensive, I do understand what you are saying. I do talk to my mentor with these things, however... I guess someone a bit closer would also be nice to talk with. Hehe, I don't suppose that you have anyone like that around for you yourself?" Skylar admitted, but the tone in her voice was suggesting something closer than a friend, but in no way was she 'attached' to the girl before her. With a nervous chuckle, she leaned forward on her elbows, looking into Lexia's eyes. "So, regardless, what have you found out about this place? That it is strange, yet entirely inviting, like a final place to belong... of sorts?"

She sighed.

That was horribly asked and explained.

"Well, I hope that you know what I mean by that." With that, Skylar's eyes glanced across the rooms, her feathered earrings following her as she turned her head to the side. Thankfully, it was somewhat quiet and at the same time it was an inviting place. It was rather interesting to be there, especially as she'd never been to this ramen shop before. Judging by the speed at which the other customers were receiving their home, she wasn't going to be waiting around long before they were given them. With a hum, she looked back to Lexia. "Have you ever eaten ramen before by the way?"
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

Post by Lexia Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:19 pm

"Not really, perhaps XaYang, but aside from that, no one around really that I know and after all, I don't exactly know anyone from here. Aside from a stranger, he was... with me when I was dog sitting one time or another, he was nice enough." Lexia said with a faint smile, "To be honest, I would like to see that person again, however, I just can't remember their name. But really, I know what you mean as a final place. Some people end up here through... Rather unusual means. I guess though its a safe haven of sorts... People get one final chance here." Her voice had almost dropped to a whisper, her mind almost seeming as if it were becoming mildly disjointed. She was thinking, deep in thought, her memories rolling back to those moments. It didn't last long, but they seemed more precious to Lexia than she would admit.

Realising that she was almost spaced out, she cleared her throat and returned her gaze to Skylar spoke again. Lexia's brow pulled into a frown. Ramen? That's what the noodles were called? She gave a small shrug, before nodding. "I have, just once before. Although, admittedly, it was a rather fun struggle to try and eat it, especially with my... knack of not knowing how on earth to use chopsticks." Lexia replied with a grin, and thanks to where she was sitting, she noticed their waitress bringing over their orders. With a subtle wave back of her hand, she leaned back and to the side as she arrived, arm moving to place her order down in front of her. "Thank you." She said easily, before glancing again at Skylar.

"So, how long have you been here?"
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:49 pm

Skylar
    Pandora's Phoenix
    Skylar moved to the side as well when the meal was placed down in front of the pair, and she smiled a little. So Lexia had someone in her mind, but simply didn't know who they were? Well, it seemed her memories truly did her no favours, but Skylar had already instructed her as much as she could in regards to helping her get them back. With a small laugh, Skylar skillfully swiped the chopsticks up, using it to gently 'snap' at Lexia. "If that information is true, then hopefully you'll be able to eat them without too much of an issue." She said happily, noting the differences between their meals for a few moments. Hers had her chicken and vegetables, as well as the noodles. Lexia's was rather plain, the noodles and broth.

It truly was quite an extreme difference.

Instantly she pulled the noodles to her mouth with her chopsticks, the noodles slurping a little as she ate. Ignoring Lexia's question for several moments, she ate for a few moments, eating and chewing against the delicious vegetables and noodles. After savouring the first mouthfuls of food, and realising how hungry that she was, she continued to eat them until she was left with just the broth. That was when she gave a small smile, before shrugging easily with her question. "Well, I've been here for numerous days. Perhaps even coming to a month now. I've not been here that long in comparison to others, but at the same time, it's still been a while. But nothing like years." Skylar said honestly, before giving another smile. Glancing to the other customers and, ensuring that they weren't watching her directly, she lifted and tipped the broth into her mouth.

And instantly decided she needed to get another bowlful.
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

Post by Lexia Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:58 pm

Lexia shot Skylar a smile, before she raised the chopsticks. A faint 'click' symbolised that Skylar had mockingly tried to snap at Lexia with them. She gave a small laugh, before tucking away into her meal. After several attempts to pull the noodles free from the bowl of broth, she glanced across to what Skylar was doing. Lexia felt her eyes widen. That girl had already almost finished the entire bowl off and was onto the broth!

Lexia quickly finished off eating the few pieces of noodles that she'd managed to stuff into her mouth before she smiled to Skylar. "So that means you're still, relatively, new to this place and you remember your original world rather well... Would I be wrong in assuming that?" Lexia asked, somewhat rhetorically. Skylar answered her though with the shake of her head, and as such, Lex pushed forward with what she was going to say. "If you remember your home reality so easily, would you mind telling me about it? What it was like, what you use to do, the jobs, your roll in your realm? Anything and everything that you're willing to part with, I would honestly love to hear it all." Lexia said confidently, a smile on her face before she looked back down to the bowl.

For a few moments, she just stared at it. Skylar was already looking to order a second bowl, and Lexia had barely begun the first, meaning that Skylar was starving. However it raised another rather pressing question.

Just how was she going to eat the rest of the first bowl without looking like too much of an idiot?
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:53 pm

Skylar
    Pandora's Phoenix
    She shook her head. Of course she'd remember her home world, the glistening stars arcing high above them. The consistently perfect temperatures of Utopia, the Travelers, the Guardians, Enforcers, of course she would know them. How could she ever forget about them, there was so much that she could remember. But to her, it was worthless now. All of it was gone, a place which practically forced her away from her homeland. Skylar could almost feel a tear rolling down her cheek before she turned her gaze to Lexia. It was soft, almost sympathetic, before she nodded. "I could tell you everything about it, but just keep in mind, it's nothing as to where you have come from. You could be here alone, like I am, or you could have a friend or two who are from the same place. Just, before I start..." Skylar's voice trailed off as she flagged down a waitress. Quickly she ordered another two bowls of the same ramen and with a nod, the poor young man left with the docket.

"Now, you want to know what it's like... Imagine a world, a planet settled in the middle of a galaxy. Around it, you can see the double moons which rise and set through the day and night. Here, they have a protector, a deity called Light, who grants people her Mark to be able to travel through portals and avoid any... Adverse effects from it. Pain of being thrown thousands of miles, lightyears, away can sometimes hurt. But she protected us with her Mark. These Marks were only given to Travelers, or Guardians. Travelers were in charge of scoping out new planets which portals have opened up to- which opened in the room which had several different portals to different worlds. Each world has different... attributes to them, which again, Light protected us from. Travelers were also charged to collect fragments of the Six, shards of other deities, and have them brought back to where Light rested... The Guardians protected the fragments, and Light's core." Skylar paused for a few moments, thanking the man who gave her the next two bowls of ramen. She took a few mouthfuls, before she continued.

"I was a Traveler. With my unique ability not to take physical damage where I was from, I was sent through first due to my ability to... Basically come back in one piece. I've seen things which no other being have. A glass sandstorm. Raining diamonds. Complete underwater planets. Everything... But it was gorgeous. I enjoyed the job, until... Things started going south. I went to the new planet, but that was where I met him and that... Creep. With his Eye, he was going to kill me, literally rip me apart and use my corpse for whatever he wanted. He was a necromancer, and to be honest... I'm still terrified of that manic look." Skylar nodded, before giving a small smile. "But hey... At least all that is behind me now."
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

Post by Lexia Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:27 pm

Lexia was more than surprised with the level of detail Skylar went into as she freely recalled her what she remembered of her realm. It sounded gorgeous, the very thought of two moons foreign in her eyes. All she remembered was the streetlights of the cities in Urban city. That's all she was familiar with. Anything and everything else didn't exactly make too much sense to her, but the way that Skylar spoke, the way that the females eyes just shone with excitement and memory... She knew that it was the truth. It had to be. Something that precious, something that brought so much joy into someones eyes, yet at the same time, held their own form of wariness, it was incredible. The passion, the zeal... It was amazing.

"You seem to speak highly of where you were from." Lexia said gently, and Skylar simply nodded while she ate. Letting the poor girl eat the other bowls which she was obviously almost dying to do, Lexia went back to trying to tackle these darn chopsticks in the broth. Eventually, not wanting to admit exactly how long it took, she managed to eat the noodles and get down to the last trickle of the liquid at the bottom. After a few long moments, she decided that she couldn't be bothered trying to drink the broth.

"I don't understand how you've done it, you came from somewhere so grand, so beautiful and peaceful, and you come here and just get knees deep into this world. Don't you miss the old ways? Don't you miss where you have come from?" Lexia asked, completely unaware of the fact that Skylar could have taken that in a rather bad and odd way. A way that would more than likely make her feel rather guilty.
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:37 pm

Skylar
    Pandora's Phoenix
    Visibly she winced while she was eating her food as Lexia spoke. The younger one didn't mean to cause any... Pains like she had. That much was obvious. Slowly, deliberately, Skylar placed the spoon down onto the table as the third bowl of ramen was consumed in a matter of moments. Apparently she was famished, not having eaten in a few days. . .

She made a note to order another.

"To be honest with you, it was... Easy in a way. I was a pawn for the Council, I was simply a tool that would allow them to do whatever the heck they wished. They gave me no care, they gave me no second thought. I was simply to do as they told me to do, report back, and that would be that. No Guardians, no Travelers, no, they didn't bat an eye at me. Even the one I adored, they... Heh, they were a lover of a more fishy sort of girl. She was a Guardian, he was a Traveler, but in the end... Even good things come to an end." Skylar said with a shy smile, before leaning back into her chair. "I don't miss it. Not one bit. What I miss more is the fact that I haven't seen too many more gorgeous places- but that being said, I am almost certain that there is going to be somewhere else that will be just as beautiful here as it was there."

She paused. That was off topic. "I don't miss there. I don't miss anything from there. If it wasn't for this place, I would be dead." Skylar sighed, "And because of that, I owe it my life."
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

Post by Lexia Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:49 pm

The conviction in her voice was enough to make Lexia almost do a double take. She was serious about all of this, about not minding that she had left everything behind? Whoever this Council was which decided to use her well, that made Lexia think twice. Maybe it was a good thing that this poor girl had been given a second chance here. Although, earlier when she had finished the third bowl, Lexia noticed the hungry look in the girls eyes. With a knowing smile, she called over another waiter, ordering another few bowls for herself. Although, of course, she was going to hand them straight over to the woman in front of her. They nodded and left quickly, and Lexia gave a small nod of her head.

"I see..." Lexia said slowly, her words failing her otherwise. How could she find anything else to say? "Going by what you have said, then it is true... This place surely has given you a second chance at life." With that, Lexia gave a small sigh. For a few more moments, she wondered what it would have been like for her to be able to actually remember what it was like for her in the past. What it was like back in her own realm. She cleared her throat a little, readjusting herself before giving Skylar a smile.

"Well, I suppose, at least you have the chance to somewhat live a proper life instead of what you have lived previously?" She offered as a reason, somewhat testing the waters still.
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:49 pm

Skylar
    Pandora's Phoenix
    Skylar dipper her head to agree with what Lexia had offered up. However, she did notice that the lady had called over another waiter, ordering a few more bowls of ramen. To that, Skylar nodded her thanks. "In a way, it still makes me sad that I can't go back and see what is left, but mind you, everything else is pretty much gone now in my eyes. They treated me like dirt, like I was meant to slave away for them... But that wasn't going to happen anymore I think. But, regardless I am glad that someone had mercy on me and allowed me to live here instead of where I use to be. If I had been there then, as I said, I'd be dead. Without a doubt in my mind, I would be dead." She grinned.

"Sometimes life gives you lemons, but it's up to you to make them into lemonade."

The words were something which were said to her a long time ago, and a tone of reminiscence was caught in her voice. She'd miss her parents, she still missed her brother, but what else was she going to do now? She couldn't go back, couldn't look behind her. So the only logical option was to keep her chin up and power forward. That's all there was left for her to do now, and she'd be damned if she was going to let another opportunity slip through her fingers like it had countless times before. The waiter came back with the two bowls, placing them down at Lexia's hands.

Admittedly, Skylar's eyes were on them like a hawk, her stomach still demanding to be fed.
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

Post by Lexia Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:20 pm

Upon just seeing her gaze drop to the bowl in front of her, Lexia gave a knowing smirk and pushed them both towards Skylar. "Dig in, Skylar, you seem famished still." Lexia almost paused for a few moments. Skylar had repeated a few times that the she would have died to that man, but why was he so significant, aside from being the last thing which she had seen before being thrown into this place? For a few long moments, her mind toyed with the idea of those two seeing one another again.

Lexia would almost be willing to take bets on the fact that it wouldn't exactly go too well. Maybe a small fight? Or a large one... After all, there was no telling just who would and wouldn't end up in this realm.

For the next few minutes as Skylar was eating, Lexia couldn't help but look down at the robotic hand. Slowly she tapped her fingers against the wooden surface of the table, her eyes a little remorseful, but at the same time, thankful. Maybe it was a good thing that her memories had forsaken her, as if they hadn't, she would be able to remember exactly how she lost her arm, what took place and the pain that went with it. But seeming it wasn't there, and all there was was the pieces of metal hooked into her skin to give her the ability to move it... She was thankful, despite everything, Lexia was rather thankful for it.

"I'd give almost anything to have my memories back, but... If I had a case similar to yours, maybe it's a good thing I don't remember how this happened." She said gently, gesturing to her mechanical hand.
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:29 pm

Skylar
    Pandora's Phoenix
    She almost fell on her face as the food that she so desired and craved was given to her just like that. With a rather large smile, she dipped her head a little to say thanks again, before tucking into the food. Of course, the two would sit there in silence for a few moments, but Skylar wasn't able to help herself when she saw the lass tapping her metallic fingers against the wooden table. Skylars chopsticks tapped ceramic and she blinked, looking down at it. Huh.

Empty.

Rather elegantly, or with as much as she could manage to muster, Skylar gently pushed the bowl out of the way and to the side, ignoring the fact her feathers had dragged across the grimy table. As such, she gave a bit of a smile as she pulled the next one over, her stomach still growling a little. Apparently she was rather hungry. Without a second more of a delay, she started on the next one, and Lexia was still tapping faintly, as if she was lost in thought. Tentatively, Skylar slurped the last mouthful and chewed it, swallowing quickly. "Sure, it might be a good thing... But, you do realise that the people here should be able to fix your arm, right? You could have a proper one back, if you just knew who to talk with. I mean, that and if you're alright with needles and labs, unlike a few others I know. If you're alright with it, then they should be able to patch you up in no time!" Skylar replied with a bit of a grin, before returning to eating the remnants of her delicious ramen.
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

Post by Lexia Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:40 pm

Lexia's eyes almost light up, as soon as she mentioned that she could have a normal arm again. A normal, flesh arm. Something that wouldn't react disastrously with her own magic. Something which would be reliable, something that would be so normal! That was almost a dream come true for her, and she wasn't able to keep a smile from forming on her face. "Something like that would be amazing! A proper hand without having the mechanical side of it would be grand, especially because it wouldn't have a terrible habit of basically blowing up in my face if I forget to take it off! Do you know exactly who would be able to fix an arm like this?" Lexia asked rather enthusiastically, before raising the metal arm, the shining steel something which she had become rather accustomed to. Not with her own will, but due to something happening, that she didn't want.

Something about it being blown up?

The memory was there for just a moment, his white mask right in her face, and a red flare. Something from her that arced over and melted the mask against his skin. It seared him, burned him,  and he pulled away and left her. But after that, Lexia didn't remember. But just as quickly as it came, the memory from it was pulled away from her. Her excitement returned though, as she looked to Skylar. She knew a way for her to be able to get a new arm! A fleshly arm which wasn't mechanical!

That made her heart soar.
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:16 pm

Skylar
    Pandora's Phoenix
    She wasn't able to stop herself from laughing when Lexia reacted the way she did. The sheer joy in her expression, the rambling of her words. However, her statements made more questions than they answered. If she wasn't able to use magic without the interference which the arm caused, then she would constantly have to remove it and replace it, before and after any fight. That would take far too long and, in her experience if she had time to do that sort of thing, well... She was either doing something wrong or simply just waiting for someone to kill her. "All it'd take is a few tasks, and then yup. You could have your old arm back, so to speak. Or one that looks identical to your old one, but you get my point. No more relying on the metallic one to do your bidding!" Skylar exclaimed rather happily, a smile on her face.

"All you'd really need to do is find either Nameless, or someone from the Legion... They'll be able to get you into contact with who you need. Just, don't use me as a point of reference, I'm still getting use to all of this, it's still rather... Well, new, persay." Skylar said easily, before tucking back into the rest of her meal. With a few more slurps and mouthfuls, she was finally satisfied by the four empty bowls in front of her. It only took four to fill her, but then again, these bowls weren't that small. In Skylar's experiences with skimpy dinners, they were quite sizeable.

Surprisingly.
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

Post by Lexia Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:48 pm

It was with that last statement that Lexia was sorted. A Legion member? Finding them hopefully wouldn't be too hard and, if she could manage it, help them or allow them to find favour with her so that she could restore her arm to what it previously was. "If that's the case, I'd be more than happy to try and find them. Especially if it means getting my arm back." Lexia stated surely, a smile blooming on her face. She was happy, joyful, just so that they could finally have true feeling back in her hand instead of this weirdly mechanic thing. She hated it with a passion. Her hand coiled a bit further, slightly pushing into the wood and making small ruts through its formerly perfectly flat surface.

"But umm, if you don't mind, I'd better get going soon. After all, the sooner I can find them, the sooner that I am going to be able to get a new and proper arm back. Also, I don't suppose that you an easy way to find them? The people who you were talking about?" She asked, slowly pushing herself up from the table. She left a few coins near Skylar, which would be more than enough to pay for what she'd had. Or maybe it was even enough to cover the pair of them, Lexia had no idea. She was still getting use to the whole system which was running here. Although, it wasn't like she was able to remember anything else like Skylar could.

And after her questions were answered, she would simply say her thanks and leave.
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:59 pm

Skylar
    Pandora's Phoenix
    "Find trouble, and you'll soon find them." Was Skylars rather helpful and unhelpful answer for the poor woman. She almost seemed to have a short laugh before the black haired lady stood from the table and said her goodbye. Quickly, she left, the cape-like object that she wore billowing with every step that she took, her hair flowing graciously down her back. Surely she would have been considered attractive from wherever she was from, but at the same time... The glint of steel was what truly kept people away form her, Skylar thought.

She called over another waiter, ordering the same noodles again. For long moments, she sat back in her chair, a small hum coming from her as she stared at the same spot that Lexia had been as she walked out from the table and out the restaurant doors. Skylar was intrigued, interested, but... Yes, Lexia was going to be an interesting case, if she were to find Nameless again. But all she needed to do was plant the seed of thought and allow it to grow. She would be there if all else failed, and help bring her to Nameless again if worst came to worst.

The waiter placing down the bowl of ramen with an odd look made Skylar smile a little more. Soon, she pulled the bowl towards her a little more and took up her trusty chopsticks once more. It didn't take anywhere near as long before she began to tuck into the last bowl with one thought on her mind.

Yes... She's going to be a very interesting case...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:51 am