Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Unknown Lands

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! Your last visit was . You have made 118 posts! Please welcome our newest member, Amaihana!

A Couple Mages Among Ninja (Closed)

Timmir
    Timmir

The Giving Tree I Need A Medic! Ooh Shiny! A Couple Mages Among Ninja (Closed) Empty
    There Can Be Only One

Lineage : Legend's Trio, Phoenix Fire
    Position : None
    Origin : De Fiore
    Sacred Shards : 2
    Class : C
    Level : 10
    Experience : 680

Character Sheet
    Character Name: Malm Korlif
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Primary Magic: Balance of Nature

A Couple Mages Among Ninja (Closed) Empty A Couple Mages Among Ninja (Closed)

Post by Timmir Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:05 pm

It was early in the afternoon as two figures entered the village. One was a young man with spiky green hair and a green outfit to match. On his shoulder was a small, yellow rodent creature with red cheeks who was curiously looking at the scenery. While the other was what looked to be a walking, four foot tall rabbit. Needless to say, they weren't exactly the most inconspicuous group of characters.

"Well here we are. Yamigakure. I told you I remember the way here." Malm proudly proclaimed to his companion.

"Yeah yeah. What do you want? A cookie?" Mouse responded with a roll of her eyes, not so amused. She looked around the village as a small frown formed on her face. "Something tells me we won't exactly be able to blend in here."

Malm nodded in agreement. "Yeah. I guess theres not exactly much we could of done to point out were foreigners any more then we already do. Though I guess I could of bought that 'I <3 Fiore' shirt back in Hargeon." Mouse punched Malm's arm, not exactly amused by his lame attempt at a joke. "Hey. You can't blame me for me trying. Besides it's not exactly a bad thing. We're here to check out things out, nothing we need to be incognito for."

"Maybe so, but I still don't like the look of people's eyes on me. It unnerves me. At least in Fiore, people rationalize that I'm some kind of Takeover mage or a magical creature of some kind, but here it seems to be a different story."

"Yeah. I can understand that."
    Shini Chikai
    Shini Chikai
    Luffy VIP

LET IT BURN! Runs With The Wind Shocking! A Couple Mages Among Ninja (Closed) Empty
    Kuraikage

Lineage : Weather Master
    Origin : Ninja Town
    Sacred Shards : 14
    Class : B
    Level : 27
    Experience : 1275

Character Sheet
    Character Name: Shini Chikai
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Primary Magic: Jutsu

A Couple Mages Among Ninja (Closed) Empty Re: A Couple Mages Among Ninja (Closed)

Post by Shini Chikai Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:14 pm

Shini wandered around the village with a solemn expression. She had gone days without her lover, and had come to the conclusion that he ran away, or was busy with something important. Her mind was full of dreams and thoughts about the future. It was years since she graduated from the ninja academy, or so it seemed so, yet something about not remembering continued to bug her.

"That's new..." Shini said softly, looking up to see a small crowd. There was a small yellow rodent, some bunny looking thing, as well as a boy who was dressed in green. "Wait... I know them..." she thought to herself, dragging along the massive sword behind her, thinking about the dreams her friend once had about the weapon.

"MELM!" she called out, hoping that it was the boy's name. But alas, from her memory... she never got a name right.
    Timmir
    Timmir

The Giving Tree I Need A Medic! Ooh Shiny! A Couple Mages Among Ninja (Closed) Empty
    There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

A Couple Mages Among Ninja (Closed) Empty Re: A Couple Mages Among Ninja (Closed)

Post by Timmir Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:26 pm

Melm? Well that wasn't a name Malm had heard of in quite a while. He looked around confused as to locate who had called out that name or who it was meant for. It couldn't have been meant for him, could it? Then again, the voice did sound pretty familiar.

"Shini?!" Malm said with some surprise as he spotted the young woman. No wonder the voice sounded so familiar. Though why did she call him Melm?

"Huh..." Mouse turned around to see what Malm was looking at, "...Oh... It's that one woman from back when we went to the ruins." Mouse's eyes then laid on the massive sword Shini was dragging with her. What could she be doing with that?
    Shini Chikai
    Shini Chikai
    Luffy VIP

LET IT BURN! Runs With The Wind Shocking! A Couple Mages Among Ninja (Closed) Empty
    Kuraikage

Character Sheet

Post by Shini Chikai Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:55 pm

A Couple Mages Among Ninja (Closed) Zabuza11

Her face held a massive smile, only hiding away the thoughts deep within her mind. She often thought about Gray or Kaseki. Both were in the terms of love, but the latter was more of a sibling to her. But to wrap one's head that their brother has created a whole knew world... well why wouldn't she often think of such?

"Melm... Malm? Milm..." she said to herself lightly, waving to the boy, flailing like a madwoman. "what brings you here?"

She hauled the massive weapon, almost effortlessly at that moment, resting the huge weapon on her shoulder. After all, she had certain powers that even she knew nothing about.
    Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:20 pm

"It's Malm." The young man told her as he rubbed the back of his head. Him and Mouse then made there way over to her. It surprised Malm to see her carry such a big weapon effortlessly. She must be a lot stronger then she looks.

"We're just here to check out the sights. Must admit I didn't expect to see you here. Though I guess in hindsight I shouldn't be surprised." Malm explained to Shini.

"So how have you been holding up Shini? Did you find those answers you were looking for?" Mouse interjected with idle curiosity.
    Shini Chikai
    Shini Chikai
    Luffy VIP

Kuraikage

Character Sheet

Post by Shini Chikai Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:00 pm

"We're just here to check out the sights. Must admit I didn't expect to see you here. Though I guess in hindsight I shouldn't be surprised." Malm seemed to explain. If she remembered correctly she told him about Yamigakure... but she was quite off lately.

"So how have you been holding up Shini?" the bunny said,  "Did you find those answers you were looking for?" It was a simple question, with over complicated answers. But then again, was anything with Kaseki simple?

"Uhm..." she started. If it were a cartoon, her being the protagonist, a massive sweatdrop would appear on her head, but alas, this was reality. To find the answers of a Chunin Exam she could not recall, and the only other person who could tell her being a close friend... it was useless. After all, Kaseki was locked away in a castle in the middle of nowhere. "No..." she continued, "The only one that knows of the answer is the very one who is shrouded in secrets. Perhaps I will seek out Kaseki when I have time, I've just been so busy here... I just..." She paused, trying to grasp a mystery that she was just beginning to unfold, "I guess I just need help running things, y'kno?"
    Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:00 pm

"Yeah well. Even if you did seek out Kaseki, I have doubts he would even give you a straight answer." Mouse stated as she thought back to the walking tree. He's probably one of the only people she could never get a good read on.

Malm nodded in agreement. His own experiences with Kaseki told him that he was unlikely to ever get a real answer from him. Yet he didn't see that as reason for why she shouldn't check in with him. "You need some help? With what exactly?" Malm asked the woman. Perhaps if they could help out here enough, she would be able to get the time to seek out Kaseki.

"Malm? What are you doing?" Mouse asked, having a good idea what Malm was about to do.
    Shini Chikai
    Shini Chikai
    Luffy VIP

Kuraikage

Character Sheet

Post by Shini Chikai Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:15 pm

Shini knew better than everyone excluding his own wife, the very concept of thought and morals Kaseki held. She knew the only reason he didn't submerge himself in the utopia he created was because his own creation was not fit for him. He would never truly find a place where he would belong and live life as he sees fit, no where besides his own home.

But the fact that she had grown up with Kaseki, and Xiaowei was the one that has seen him in his elder years would mean they saw the same man in different ways... but reached the same conclusion.

"Kaseki will tell me when he sees fit." Shini would say, fulling knowing Malm's intentions. "As for help, it's small things. People need to record the history of the Last Hokage, as well as learning Chakra. My Yamigakure forces have seemed to have disappeared for the time being, but y'kno... life happens." she said with a sigh, "I'm sure you could ask around, help out some of the local bussnesses recover from the damage from the Starfall Incident. As for me, I guess I'll have to reassess my organization's ranks..."

There was much to do, yet so little time to do it all.
    Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:59 pm

Malm just blinked as Shini began listing off things that needed to be done. He wasn't exactly sure what he could do to help out with any of that. Maybe he could help out in the repair efforts. Though he would have to admit that he was a little surprise that repair effort was still needed after so much time. The Starfall Incident must of done quite a number on this place.

"Okay. I guess we should look around and see what we can do." Malm said as he took a quick look around, "Just tell us if you need some help with something. Ow..."

Mouse, not happy hearing Malm volunteer them both, punched Malm in the arm. "As he meant to say. Ask him if you need any help. I have something else I need to do." Mouse told Shini before walking off.
    Shini Chikai
    Shini Chikai
    Luffy VIP

Kuraikage

Character Sheet

Post by Shini Chikai Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:59 pm

She nodded, giving a small smile after the furred creature hit her companion. It was good to see that friendship still lasted in other worlds after this great war. It wasn't to say that she expected that nothing would last, but rather, enjoyed to be reminded of such a thing. "Thank you Malm." she would reply, "I'm sure you enjoying yourself here will be more than enjoy to have others enjoy themselves." She said with a smile, "As for me, I have to find some other ninja to succeed the ranks of the former ANBU so this village can strive once more."

She stood there, unsure of what to do next. She could show him around, or even take him with her to the Administrative building. There was too many choices for her to make, so as a result, she stood there awkwardly, trying to make a decision.
    Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:12 pm

"ANBU?" Malm asked in a soft whisper as he tried to figure out what it could be. He figured it was probably a school of some kind, but couldn't be quite sure. Still sounded like a point of interest.

Malm then noticed that Shini was still just standing there quite awkwardly. It was honestly starting to worry him. "Shini? Are you okay?" He asked her hoping that everything is alright.
    Shini Chikai
    Shini Chikai
    Luffy VIP

Kuraikage

Character Sheet

Post by Shini Chikai Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:27 pm

She returned a questioned look in Malm's reply, "Of course." she said expressionlessly, "I grew up with the creator of a world, I was the one that taught him how to use magic. Together we watched our mentor betray us, and together we died." She smiled, "Together we redeemed our names and fought to defend a country that hunted us." Her face revealed years of compressed sorrow, and in that moment she begun to understand. "I'm fine, Malm," Shini admitted, "But trying to understand why someone would devote their life to protect people who did nothing but hunt him, while I'm here trying to build a village with scraps of people who will never..."

She paused, falling at her words. She knew it, she always knew it, but she could never say it. These people, even in the time of need... they would listen to the Kuraikage...

...but they would never respect her.
    Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:54 pm

Malm eyes shifted towards the ground as he thought about what she said. He could guess that it was probably Kaseki she was talking about. "I can't say I fully understand your problem. I probably never will." Malm admitted as he crossed his arms, "Yet perhaps he believes that you would know better then he ever would on what's best for this village. We can only do so much, y'know." Malm then tried to explain. Yet even he wasn't entirely satisfied with what he just said.

"I'm sorry. I'm not really good with this kindof thing. I just think we should believe he has your best interest in heart. Even if he would never actually admit it." Malm rubbed the back of his head. He knew full well that he could be wrong. This was Kaseki he was talking about after all. Yet he just hoped his words would give Shini some peace.
    Shini Chikai
    Shini Chikai
    Luffy VIP

Kuraikage

Character Sheet

Post by Shini Chikai Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:58 pm

She gave a sigh, only realizing that the one person she though she knew, she knew little of. "He gave me control of Yamigakure, because the people would treat me better whether they wanted to or not." Shini admitted. There was more to the story, and more she continued, "Being Kuraikage, holding Kubikiribōchō, mastering the elements, defending Konoha, all of these were not my dreams... but Kaseki's." She looked up at Malm, her eyes full of content. "He's someone that has goals and dreams, but does not think of himself when achieving it. That is what I'm trying to grasp."

There was much of a mystery to the demonic biosteel that made up Kaseki. Even trees grew metal, but it was not Ironbark.

"I only wonder how someone who has had nothing but the world bury him, hide him, punish and torture him... still want to love and protect that same world? How is it that he can do all those things, yet not a single member of my ANBU forces stands with me. How is it that not a member of my organization cares anymore? I'm just trying to achieve a dream of someone who could not live the life that I have... but I am only human..."
    Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:31 pm

What Shini told him struck Malm as curious. From the sounds of it, the people of Yamigakure don't like her all that much. The main reason why they even treat hee the way they do is because the position she holds. Yet why is this so? She seems like a decent person to Malm. So why does none of her forces stand with her?

"I'm sorry. I can't really say. If you don't mind me asking though. Why would the members of this town not like you so? You seem to be a pretty decent person to me. I haven't seen you as a leader, but I can definitely see the makings of one. So why would they not respect you?" Malm asked. He knew he was treading on dangerous waters, but believed if he could get to the bottom of this, he could possibly help her out in some way.
    Shini Chikai
    Shini Chikai
    Luffy VIP

Kuraikage

Character Sheet

Post by Shini Chikai Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:53 pm

Her gaze drifted away, only to wonder why no one walked the path that she stood with Malm. It was as if they were all keeping their distance, and over time, Shini understood why.

"I was trained, raised to be the best ANBU assassin there was." she began, "In short, they trained me to kill the only person who sought to protect me. I was skilled in deception and lies. And when the time came, I failed my mission. I just couldn't... then when he came to save us..." she looked back up at Malm, revisiting the events in her mind, "He stood with forgiveness.

So how can I lead a country when my own morals were destroyed to become a weapon? I was the old era. I am the old era. I can't lead this country forever. With Yamigakure, there is Konohagakure. I have to lead both countries that won't trust me because..."
    she stopped herself. All her memories entailed was the chunin exams, her retrieving both scrolls.. then killing Kusatta, her only sister when she was put under the curse of Edo Tensei. Yet in that, was several years. She couldn't even recall a blur. "Because for the last decade I was taught and trained to lie and deceive. My mission was only such, because only I knew his weaknesses. And now that I hold this title, I can see their true plans, as they were going to kill me right after I killed him..."

It was a mixed story, full of confusion and discontent. It made no sense to even Shini... but then again, did anything make sense with Kaseki?
    Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:43 pm

Malm listened to Shini as she told him her story. It seemed her training and past is what the people of this village are holding over her. Why isn't Malm more surprise? People always have trouble following someone they can't trust. But still, Shini appeared to have done quite a lot for this village since then. Did that count as something to these people?

Malm guessed he would never get an answer to that question. At least now he had a better understanding of Shini's situation.

"So that's it then. To be honest, from the sounds of it, you basically have a similar background to just about every other political leader. Give or take the assassin part that is." Malm shared with Shini as he rubbed the back of his head, "I doubt I, nor anyone else for that matter, can truly help you in that regard. All I think you can really do is keep on helping make their lives better little by little. They'll eventually see the light. Right?"

Gods. That sounded really corny. Got to really work on that. Malm mentally criticized himself. He was never one for making inspirational speaches like this.
    Shini Chikai
    Shini Chikai
    Luffy VIP

Kuraikage

Character Sheet

Post by Shini Chikai Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:14 am

Shini nodded in agreement with Malm. She knew where he was going with the conversation, and expected no less from Kaseki's allies. "You've been around Pandora, haven't you?" she asked, "If you don't mind me asking, have you met his son yet?"

She didn't want to talk about herself anymore. Finding the answers from within herself or to confide in Kaseki were near to impossible. Even if Kaseki would tell Shini what she wanted, Shini wasn't sure she wanted to know yet. But the thought of his son brought her joy. It was finding out she had a nephew, even if they weren't blood. But a hint of need to see him found its way into her. After all, Kaseki would tell stories, it was just something he did. Who was to say that he did not tell his son a bedtime tale about Ol' Shini?
    Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:20 pm

"Kaseki's son? Oh you mean Aknaid right. Why you ask?" Malm answered as he thought back to his two meetings with Aknaid.

It's weird though now that Malm thinks about it. Kaseki's son scares Malm more then Kaseki himself ever did. Though then again, he never saw Kaseki rip the souls out of people, or even kill for that matter. Kaseki also never left Malm at the top of a tower. Yet, on the otherhand, Aknaid was probably completely unaware of Malm's fear of heights. So perhaps he didn't mean to scare Malm half to death. Right?

Well... I highly doubt that'll be our last meeting. He's probably gonna start popping all over the place like Kaseki did during the start of my own journey. Like father, like son. Malm shivered slightly at the thought. It seemed like an undeniable fate now. To forever be tied to those closest to Kaseki. Though that isn't necessarily a bad thing.
    Shini Chikai
    Shini Chikai
    Luffy VIP

Kuraikage

Character Sheet

Post by Shini Chikai Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:43 pm

"Aknaid...." she said to herself. She wondered about how someone who would live forever could spend their time. Perhaps with the guidance of Kaseki, this child would be well versed in his wise and quotable speech...

"What is he like? I can only wonder, for I was to meet him some time ago, however he sent me a Light Slayer in his place." Shini was curious to meet him, and had her own suspicions. She could wonder how the boy would act, and how he would decide what to do in his father's playground. After all, that's what Pandora was.... it was Kaseki's Playground...
    Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:22 pm

How's he like? So she hasn't met her yet. Malm noticed as he thought about how to best describe Aknaid. It was kind of difficult trying to figure out how to describe someone he really knew very little about.

"Well... I guess he's kind of like Kaseki in a way. He has that whole aura about him, y'know. Yet he has also seems to be pretty friendly to those who are willing to those who wish him no ill will." Malm scratched the back of his head, "Sorry. I'm not really good at this type of thing."
    Shini Chikai
    Shini Chikai
    Luffy VIP

Kuraikage

Character Sheet

Post by Shini Chikai Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:18 pm

Shini smiled at the thought of a younger Kaseki filled her heart with joy. Though, with stories of someone like her great friend, perhaps he wouldn't need the guidance of the wise Chikai clan. She wondered how the boy would turn out. But with that, perhaps she should draft a tale of her own to tell Kaseki. Perhaps she could find out her answers by not diving into her own past... but Kaseki's...

"It's okay Malm." Shini said with a joyous grin, "Well I do have good news, I did think of a way for you to help me. There's a city not far from here, I believe Republic City is the name. Would you care to join me?" She asked him, still holding the great weapon on her shoulder.
    Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:04 pm

"Republic City? Uhh... Sure. Well I probably should check with Mouse first. She probably wouldn't like all that much if I just ditch her here. Though barring that there is no problem, we should be able to go." Malm replied.

A thought then occured to him. They just got here. Probably be best for them to rest up before they head off to another city. Plus Malm still wanted to take a look around the Village. See the sites while he has a chance.

"Hey. Uhh... Do you mind if we rest up for today? We just travelled to here all the way from Fiore, and I kind of wanted to check things out in the village first. After that, we can look at heading to Republic City. Is that alright with you?" Malm asked, really hoping that this trip she needed to do wasn't urgent.
    Shini Chikai
    Shini Chikai
    Luffy VIP

Kuraikage

Character Sheet

Post by Shini Chikai Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:20 pm

"Of course." she said, finding some peace in the conversation. She didn't find the answers to her questions, but she did find out some questions that she had finally been able to ask. So perhaps the following day they would embark on their journey... or maybe Malm wanted to enjoy Yamigakure for a short time. In either case, she was in no rush. She was glad to finally have a plan.
    Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:58 pm

"Alright then. I guess me and Phos here should probably go find where Mouse went." Malm said as he turned his head towards the direction that Mouse had set off in. Why did he have a feeling she found a tavern to hold up in?

"Do you want to come along?" Malm offered before a thought occured to him, "Though I guess you probably have better things to do then follow a couple of tourist around."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content