Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Unknown Lands

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! Your last visit was . You have made 118 posts! Please welcome our newest member, Amaihana!

Lunch with a Starfall [Private, Alexei/June]

Chaostothemax
    Chaostothemax
    Sakura VIP

THIS IS MADNESS! I'm Important Too! Ooh Shiny! Lunch with a Starfall [Private, Alexei/June] Empty
    God of (Sexual) Freedom & Chaos

Lineage : Hand of Chaos
    Position : None
    Origin : De Fiore
    Sacred Shards : 4
    Class : B
    Level : 25
    Experience : 1520

Lunch with a Starfall [Private, Alexei/June] Empty Lunch with a Starfall [Private, Alexei/June]

Post by Chaostothemax Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:50 pm

Alexei walked down the main street of Toon Plaza, a basket of food dangling from his left hand. He had brought the unconscious Starfall with him to the nearest town after he and Akira had gone their separate ways, which just so happened to be Toonville; he had subsequently rented two rooms at the nearby inn, one for him and one for the as-of-yet unnamed Starfall. As soon as he laid the Starfall down on her bed, he was off to the nearby market; he grabbed all manner of foods, making sure there was plenty of everything. Who knows how long it had been since she had last eaten food? Maybe this would be their first time, even. He'd like to at least give her a decent meal before he killed her with his wish.

Alexei frowned. As much as he wanted to make a wish, killing the Starfall just didn't sit well with him. She hadn't done anything wrong, had she? He'd have to ask. This whole Starfall ordeal interested him greatly; he wanted to know everything. Where she came from, who sent her here, everything. He'd make sure to get all of his questions out before the end.

Alexei walked briskly through the inn's main room onto the second floor, halting in front of the room he had rented for the Starfall. He knocked on the door and called, "I brought lunch, I'm coming in." He opened the door slowly. "You awake yet?" He asked as he opened the door.

@June

Last edited by Chaostothemax on Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    June
    June

I Need A Medic! THIS IS MADNESS! Gravestone Lunch with a Starfall [Private, Alexei/June] Empty
    The Second Starfall

Lineage : Starfall's Mark
    Origin : Unknown
    Sacred Shards : 0
    Class : C
    Level : 59
    Experience : 30830

Lunch with a Starfall [Private, Alexei/June] Empty Re: Lunch with a Starfall [Private, Alexei/June]

Post by June Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:55 am

The girl lay lifelessly on the bed, as if being there simply made her condition worse. Who was to say what the true cause was, but falling from the sky wasn't any better. All Starfalls paid their dues with this exhausting lifestyle due to a few stupid choices. No one ever thought it to be fair, to be reduced to something just a step above a genie. But only they would be able to know why and how it all happened.

She would begin to open her eyes ever so slowly, her mind foggy with the details. She could not recall a single thing about herself except for a few key details. June's mind would be full of just enough personal information to put up with this ordeal to make it to the next wish. It would only be after the third wish that she could claim her life as her own again. Until then, she would have to pay for her foolishness.

"Yeah." she would say. It surprised her to see the man care for her. Would the rest treat her so fairly? Would she escape the torment, or be trapped it what seemed like a personal hell like Natsume so many years ago?
    Chaostothemax
    Chaostothemax
    Sakura VIP

THIS IS MADNESS! I'm Important Too! Ooh Shiny! Lunch with a Starfall [Private, Alexei/June] Empty

Lunch with a Starfall [Private, Alexei/June] Empty Re: Lunch with a Starfall [Private, Alexei/June]

Post by Chaostothemax Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:43 pm

Alexei breathed a sigh of relief as the Starfall responded to him. This was his first time hearing her voice; it was different than he had expected, but it wasn't unpleasant. If anything, it simply made him more curious about her and her past. There were so many questions he wanted to ask, but making sure she was well enough to answer them came first.

Alexei grabbed a chair from the room's desk and placed it beside the bed, taking a seat next to his new acquaintance. From there, he placed the basket on the bed and pulled the small cloth atop it off, revealing the myriad of foods he had acquired from the market. There were a few loaves of bread, some cheeses, and a large variety of fruits and vegetables. There were even a few deli meats. Alexei had really gone all out; he had probably spent too much on this, but he didn't particularly care at the moment. He grabbed one of a couple apples out of the basket and bit into it, relishing the particular flavor of the Toonville fruit. "Feel free to take anything you'd like," Alexei said warmly, smiling at the girl. "I didn't know what you'd like, so I got a bunch of everything. Eat up." She'll probably need it for the next part, Alexei added to himself.
    June
    June

I Need A Medic! THIS IS MADNESS! Gravestone Lunch with a Starfall [Private, Alexei/June] Empty
    The Second Starfall

Post by June Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:49 pm

With one hand on her stomach, she leaned a bit to the side as she turned towards the basket. She'd take a single loaf of bread and place it in her mouth. As her hand was freed she grabbed a handful of meats. She would lay back in bed, trying to piece it all together. Should she tell him now, or later on? She didn't care, everything seemed so foreign.

"My name is..." she would take a bite of the bread, speaking more. "Joon ans I amf a Starfall." She'd eat it, only to bite into the meat and finish thst before going on. "I'm kinda like a genie. I'll grant you only one wish. The rules are that you may not wish for death. You may not wish to take over someone's life, and you may not make a wish until i finish eating." She took another bite of the bread, staring at the ceiling.
    Chaostothemax
    Chaostothemax
    Sakura VIP

Post by Chaostothemax Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:15 am

Alexei nodded as he listened to June speak. He had already been mostly sure that she was a Starfall, but it was still reassuring to hear it from the girl herself; if he had been wrong, it would have been terribly embarrassing for everybody involved. It was good to know the rules behind the wishing as well, although he hadn't been planning to use his wish in any of those ways. Wishing for death was a waste of a wish in his opinion, and he never wanted to be anything other than himself. Finally, but still importantly, she had a sense of humor. She wasn't too serious, which was fine by Alexei. He preferred it this way, rather than the stuffy people he'd known in the Pantheon.

Alexei continued working his way through the apple, watching his companion closely. She didn't seem all that different from a normal human her age; where did all of the Starfall power come from? Was it something that everybody had, and only a select few unlocked? Or was it something given to them by another, greater power? He'd ask, but it was possible even she didn't know. Alexei devoured the apple, core and all, before starting to speak.

"My name is Alexei," he began. "I'm not sure if you know this already, but one of my companions and I found you in the mountains nearby. She had to leave to take care of some other business, so I took you with me to this city, Toonville. We're currently at an inn at the town plaza." Alexei grabbed a piece of bread before continuing. "So, I'll take you up on your wish, but I'd like to talk first. I'll ask you a few questions, you can ask me a few. Do you remember anything about where you came from? Do you know where the Starfall's power originates?"
    June
    June

The Second Starfall

Post by June Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:58 am

Chewing her food, she digested the question, just as her meal. "I don't think telling you will change anything." June said aloud, "Starfalls get their power from deities who have cursed them to live three lives serving those who are chosen. The faster you make your wish, the faster I move through this process and back to my own life." She sighed and closed her eyes. She would then take another bite of her bread before rolling over to face the man.

"Each wish is considered to have a Lawful purpose, or Chaotic purpose. Lawful wishes, or Good Wishes, allow us to move through this phase and into the next. However, Chaotic Wishes, or Bad Wishes, make use repeat the same life over and over until someone makes a good wish." Her eyes would meet his. Even if she would forget most of this life, she wanted to know who the man was. She would try to tell him everything, hoping the next person would know just as much as he, making a Starfall's life easier and easier. Until it was simply hours until their time as a Starfall was over. "Unfortunately, not all Starfalls as an easy life, such as the First Starfall, who lived the same life a few dozen times, her wishes all being used for evil."

She'd give a quick smile before rolling onto her back once more. "As for my own life, I remember nothing but my own name." She'd scoff, "I guess I'll find out once I'm done granting Three Good Wishes."
    Chaostothemax
    Chaostothemax
    Sakura VIP

Post by Chaostothemax Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:38 pm

Alexei listened to June talk attentively, but couldn't help frowning as she spoke about Lawful and Chaotic wishes. He always hated the reputation chaos had as evil, and here was an example right in front of him. He wasn't sure if June herself believed that, or if it was just what the term was as far as Starfalls went; either way, it was an issue he would have to address. He would have to ask what the exact distinction was, as well; he wanted something in particular, but he wasn't going to wish for it if it meant relegating this girl to wander again for who knows how long. He was coming to realize that being a Starfall was being a prisoner to the whims of deities, similar to how Alexei was imprisoned by his role as the God of Chaos; he didn't want to subject somebody to that as long as he had the option.

"I see," Alexei remarked a short while after June had finished talking. "It seems like you're going to spend a lot of time bending to somebody else's whims. Whether it's the person who makes the wish or the deity who made you a Starfall, you won't have any autonomy for years." Alexei shuddered. "I doubt I could handle that. It'd be like cutting off my oxygen." The God of Chaos finished the loaf of bread and stretched out in his chair.

"Tell you what. I feel bad letting you go through that for who knows how long. While I can't bring it to an early end, I can make sure that you enjoy the current iteration of your stay here on Pandora. Is there anything you want to do? Anything you want to see? Anybody who you want to meet? I can bring you most places, and do things that most other residents of the world can't. Just say the world and I'll help you out, until you've seen and done everything you want to see and do."
    June
    June

The Second Starfall

Post by June Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:53 pm

"No." was all she would say, "Starfalls are bound to their own world." she would say. She didn't know where her knowledge came from, nor why she had it, but there was nothing that told her not to share. Besides, it would benefit all starfalls as a whole.

"I've either lived in this world, or I will return to it when it's over." June spoke, a smile on her face. "And you seemed to be perplexed on what the hell a wish does. A Chaotic Wish is something that tries to use the loopholes of the rules, or get as close to breaking it, without breaking it at all. While a Lawful wish is something that stays as far as defying it as possible. Like wishing for a puppy, a really good donut, or never running out of toilet paper." She'd sigh. She wished it would be over sooner. The faster she got done with the wish here, the faster she would be done with it. She knew a few other Starfalls, and wondered what they've been through. She wanted to see some of them again, as their bodies slowly regenerated to fall once more. They were stuck in the world of Limbo, high above the great purgatory. . . the world Kaseki turned into a great haven of life.
    Chaostothemax
    Chaostothemax
    Sakura VIP

Post by Chaostothemax Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:14 am

Alexei frowned as June declined his request, but he got what she was saying. "I understand," he replied softly, "and thank you for elaborating on the difference between the wishes." He was still upset about the negative connotation chaos had in this context, but he would deal with it. The big issue now was what he was going to do with the Starfall in front of him. He still didn't want to kill her off for his own selfish purposes, but it seemed like doing so was the only way to move her along in her path to freedom. His wish was almost certainly lawful as well, so it would help her greatly. Still, something seemed off to the God of Chaos about this.

"Are you sure there's nothing I can do for you?" Alexei asked one last time, just to be sure. "I want to make sure that you're content with whatever happens next. If you truly have no desires for anything, I'll make my wish now." The God of Chaos watched June carefully, awaiting her response.
    June
    June

The Second Starfall

Post by June Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:57 am

"You still have time." she said, taking another bite of her bread, "Like I said, you can't make a wish until I'm done eating. So now is the best time to ask questions about what your wish would grant, before this bread is done."

She continued to stare at the ceiling, her feet numb, her body recovering. She would be bedridden for sometime if that happened to play out. But time was an odd thing in this world. And now her life hung the hands of a single man who wanted to play god. And now that he had the chance to, he was unsure about his actions.

Pandora was a weird place indeed.
    Chaostothemax
    Chaostothemax
    Sakura VIP

Post by Chaostothemax Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:08 pm

Alexei sat back in his chair, watching June eat for a bit. He sighed. "Ask questions about my wish now, eh?" He remarked. The God of Chaos rocked back and forth a bit, thinking of what questions to ask. After a short while, he found his words. "Okay, I got one," Alexei started. "If I were to wish for a weapon, would it be strong enough to rival this?" Holding his right arm out, Alexei called upon Bark of Oblivion.

The Keyblade appeared in a small flash of light; Alexei held it out to June, so she could inspect its power. He knew that the Starfall would probably be unable to simply create a new Keyblade; after all, they were extremely rare, one of a kind items. If he could gain a second weapon that approximated it, however, he would have a distinct advantage in battle. Plus, having a weapon near the power of a Keyblade that actually had a blade would be fairly useful. Her response could change all of his plans, of course, but there were backup questions in case this idea failed.
    June
    June

The Second Starfall

Post by June Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:27 pm

"No." she would say. "The first reason being that I can't even feel my body. The second reason being that those were created by Subaru herself. And none of use could ever match her power." She would sigh, looking at the weapon, but not daring to touch it. Her power could never meet the powers of her, much less even close to it. A starfall had never had that much energy before her. And most likely never will.

She'd give a soft cough, only to tell him more. "All starfalls are blessed with some essence of power. The magnitude of our wish is equal or less than that power." She would take the last piece of her break and stuff it into her face. And even then, she was hungry.
    Chaostothemax
    Chaostothemax
    Sakura VIP

Post by Chaostothemax Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:57 am

"...I see," Alexei exhaled, lowering Bark of Oblivion to his side. "Honestly, I didn't think you'd be able to; there had to be a reason why Keyblades are so rare. Right now, though, there's something even more pressing." Alexei shifted in his seat and frowned as he continued. "I'm an idiot. I should have realized that your body was still in a dire condition when I asked my questions about things you wanted to do earlier. My deepest apologies for not doing so."

Alexei was silent for a short while after that, trying to figure out how he was going to phrase his next words. He didn't want to come off as too greedy, but at the same time, he was very curious about what June had said. After a minute or so of deliberation, he reached his conclusion: He was going to just say it outright. From her earlier responses, it didn't seem like she'd care all that much. "You mentioned that each Starfall has their own amount of power. How much power do you have? Do you know?"
    June
    June

The Second Starfall

Post by June Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:20 pm

"Not much." she would say, "Depending on what you are wishing for."

There was many things she could grant as a Starfall. And those things she said earlier were nothing more than a guideline of what not to use it for. Such a wish would take the Starfall's life, and yield the wisher no prize. Should they try to bend the rules or use a loophole, the starfall would be taken, and the wish granted with a blacklash.

Starfalls were more than just girls who granted wishes. They were humans given an extra life to see what they could not see as a mortal. They would keep their memories of a Starfall, only to forget the faces and the names. But how she saw the world in each moment, treasured forever.
    Chaostothemax
    Chaostothemax
    Sakura VIP

Post by Chaostothemax Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:30 am

"So vague," Alexei groaned after June's response, throwing his head back in an exasperated manner. "That's probably not your fault, but it's still obnoxious."
    He was probably being a bit blunt with his responses, but he'd already decided to say outright what he was thinking; no use hiding emotions from a person who would vanish soon. Plus, Alexei hated hiding his emotions in general; the more time he could spend without worrying about his words, the better.
    "Well, if it depends on what I wished for, there are a lot of things I would consider," Alexei mused. "A new weapon, a mystical trinket, maybe just some more raw strength-"

Suddenly, an idea bolted into Alexei's head. He froze immediately with the realization that, just maybe, he could do something crazy. "...Can you-" Alexei cut off, choking a bit. "Can you bring a person back from the dead?"
    June
    June

The Second Starfall

Post by June Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:36 pm

With no hesitation, "Yes." she said to the man. "But I have no control over is if their power is restored, granted they had some impressive skill. Those details are not up to me, but who judged them upon death." She begun to twist a bit in her rest. "However, from what I've been told, only three or so people were brought back from the dead. A man who regained everything he lost, a man who came back to life as a woman, and a girl who came back to life as a kitten. While I cannot say what determines their new life, I know that the result is what the former deceased had always wanted."

She knew her powers were odd, and granting a wish would both aid this world, while giving her the answers to who she was. As she fulfilled her duty, she would get her life back.

"Are you ready for your wish, or is there more that you would like to ask?" June questioned the man, ready to give it all she had. Provided her power would be enough to bring him happiness.
    Chaostothemax
    Chaostothemax
    Sakura VIP

Post by Chaostothemax Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:07 am

The God of Chaos' eyes nearly bulged out of his head. "Seriously?" He muttered softly. "It's that easy?" Sure, it sounded like there were some complications, but from her words it seemed like he could regain a lost portion of his life very easily. All he had to do, was ask. Would she really want to be brought back like this, though? He might be making a very selfish wish, bringing her back from whatever realm she found herself in just to satisfy his own desires. At the same time, however, her distance from Alexei had torn a hole in his heart; he imagined that she might be feeling the same thing somewhere. Bringing them together couldn't possibly be that bad. Alexei cleared his throat, still reeling a bit. "Alright, I'm prepared to make my wish. I hope you're ready to grant it."

The white-haired man stood up from his chair, stretching lightly before facing June. "I'm not sure what counts as wishing, but I'll make a vow," Alexei said solemnly. He placed his right hand over his chest, a serious look on his face. "I, Alexei Sarona, God of Chaos and Freedom, hereby swear that I am indebted to all Starfalls. Should I come across one in the future, I shall do everything in my power to protect them and prevent them from being misused. In return..." Alexei's gaze fell upon June, his eyes filled with determination.

"I wish for the return of my partner, friend, and the closest thing I've ever had to family. Please, bring Vivian Carmello to this world from wherever her soul might be."
    June
    June

The Second Starfall

Post by June Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:21 pm

"Do all mortals make wishes like that?" she said, her face a bit red with embarrassment. As he spoke his name, a bit of her own memories slips back into her mind, along with some information about Pandora itself. "And I shall grant the God of Freedom, a freed soul." She smiled, her body giving off a faint glow.

Her hair seemed to float, as if it were in water. It was free and full of life, not like she was before. Her eyes would close, only to reopen with a white light in place of them. Her body would begin to hover just a few inches from the bed, only to have her body covered in spirals of light. It would be quick, no more than a few dozen seconds, half a minute, and her body would vanish, leaving only the faint smell of deli meats.

And all that would be left would be an echoing voice in the room.

"May Vivian Carmello find her life once more in the realm of Pandora."

Vivian may be created starting with 150EXP and D-Class.
    Chaostothemax
    Chaostothemax
    Sakura VIP

Post by Chaostothemax Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:42 am

Alexei watched with rapt eyes as June granted his wish and was consumed by light. He took his seat on the chair once more to watch the light show, his heart elated. Finally, he was going to get her back! Vivian would return to him! He could finally be free from the shackles of the past!
    The final words of June, however, caused his grin to fade somewhat. The realm of Pandora? That meant he'd have to go searching. Oh well. He couldn't ask for everything to be served to him on a silver platter, after all.

The God of Chaos sat in his chair for a while, considering his options. He had no idea where his wish would drop Vivian; it was equally possible that she was across the world or in the room next to him. The best course of action would be to go on a hunt for her. Ask around the world, see if he could find anything about her.
    Alexei rose from his chair once more, but not before offering up a prayer for the Starfall that had granted him his desire. Clasping his hands together in a semblance of prayer, the God of Chaos and Freedom muttered, "May your life be filled with freedom and joy. Thank you for granting my wish." With a light heart and with the memory of June forever imprinted in his heart, the God of Chaos lowered his weight and catapulted himself out of the window, taking to wandering once more.

--

Somewhere in Pandora, a soul streaked across the sky...

[THREAD END]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:19 am