Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Unknown Lands

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! Your last visit was . You have made 118 posts! Please welcome our newest member, Amaihana!

A Night Off [Private]

Randous
    Randous
    Krillin VIP

I Need A Medic! The Giving Tree I'm Important Too! A Night Off [Private] Empty

Lineage : Experiment : 626
    Position : None
    Origin : Urban City
    Sacred Shards : 0
    Class : D
    Level : 34
    Experience : 2170

Character Sheet
    Character Name: Randous Ordo
    Alignment: Neutral
    Primary Magic: Terminator (Skill)

A Night Off [Private] Empty A Night Off [Private]

Post by Randous Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:19 pm

A Night Off [Private] ThqKz11

The Masked Mercenary usually kept himself pretty busy. Murdering for hire and taking care of Amber who had become like his own adopted child - the dangerous merc typically didn't have many nights off. Still - after his last job things felt heavy. Amber was asleep and Randous without any contracts to fill. So he went out in normal clothes for a change. Wearing a black long-sleeved dress shirt with formal pants and shoes - he hit up one of the best local bars in the Inner City.

Without his mask he was a rather handsome fellow- blue eyes, short black hair, and a nice clean stubble across his face that he maintained every morning. The features of his face were smooth, lacking in any scars or scratches. Things like that healed before they could form into such things anyway. He was built - the definitions of his muscles clearly showing through his tight shirt.

The bartender looked at him. "Vodka," he said. With a nod the man got to prepping his drink. And with that he looked around to see if anything interesting was around.

Surely someone here would make good company.

@Cynthia
    Cynthia
    Cynthia

I'm Important Too! A Night Off [Private] Empty
    The Agile

Lineage : Failed Experiment
    Sacred Shards : 1
    Class : F
    Level : 1
    Experience : 85

A Night Off [Private] Empty Re: A Night Off [Private]

Post by Cynthia Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:51 am

CYNTHIA,
    NIGHTSTALKER

■ 131 WORDS ■ "Aren't you interesting?"

She sipped on her glass, the rainbow contents looking fruity, colorful.  A woman's drink.

Her hair was down, flowing, her cat set on the table in front of her. Her leather tank top tight fitting, and her slacks equally as close to her form. She watched the man since he entered, her seat just a few over from him. She knew his kind, those silent brutal men. It was how this city simply just worked. Mercinaries for hire were helping old women, and hitmen and assassins were helping others take out the trash, literally. It was an odd world to live in, surely.

She would look over to the man and smile, winking at him. Surely he was nothing new to her, but even she liked to toy with fresh meat.

Randous
    Randous
    Krillin VIP

Character Sheet

Post by Randous Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:00 pm

As the mercenary looked across the bar - he immediately saw someone worth looking at. His blue eyes locked onto the woman in the strange, alluring attire. He had met many of her type before. The predator who was always looking out for themselves. She was dangerous, maybe even deadly. Maybe it was the soldier in him, but he couldn't help but enjoy it. He wouldn't mind seeing more of her. As he found himself gazing - he noticed her smile and wink at him. As a smirk crept up on the side of his face he turned back to find his drink ready on the bar. Looking at the bartender with a grin he said, ""Buy the lady another drink of whatever it is she's having."

A common gesture, but hopefully not an unwelcome one. He turned his head to face her. "Come around often?" he asked.
    Cynthia
    Cynthia

The Agile

Post by Cynthia Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:30 pm

CYNTHIA,
    NIGHTSTALKER

■ 131 WORDS ■ "Aren't you interesting?"

"Aren't you nice, buying a random lady a drink." It amused her how men were always so simple minded. They were all on one of two wavelengths. Those that did anything to get a woman. And those that did anything to keep a man. Surely, he wasn't the former.

"Only when I need to." It was her answer, and it was all she needed. She didn't owe him anything. She could dance around the subject all night. If he caused an issue, the Legion was at his doorstep. This was their city, their bar, their land. She knew every escape route from the man, and it fed her.

She was having a massive power trip.

Randous
    Randous
    Krillin VIP

Character Sheet

Post by Randous Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:47 pm

"Seemed like the least I could do," he said with a grin, amused by her playful choice of words. "For a pretty thing like yourself at least," he said with a chuckle. He then drank his drink fast - feeling the burn down his throat. It was a pleasant feeling for him. He didn't have a buzz yet, but with a few more of these he would get there. Drinking was one of the few pleasures left for him.

Her response to him was amusing... she was the type to play games. She would learn however that he wasn't going to play along so easily at the lure of her bait. Disengaging from the conversation he looked to the bartender with a stern look, "Another," he said, not even turning to look at her now. Waiting for his drink while looking forward- he kept about his business. It was a risky move. She could just as easily leave as a response. Alternatively however it could intrigue her into pushing, instead of making him jump through all the hoops.

It was a gamble he was willing to make.
    Cynthia
    Cynthia

The Agile

Post by Cynthia Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:05 pm

CYNTHIA,
    NIGHTSTALKER

■ 156 WORDS ■ "Aren't you interesting?"

Ah yes, the compliments, how it fed her ego. She adored the attempts of a man to woo her and try to sweep her off her feet. She played hard to get, but she knew for damn sure that she was just a sentence away from being someone's bed slave. After all, women have needs too.

But as he would turn his attention to his drink, so would she. She had all the time in the world to wait. If one man did not make her night, another would easily entertain her the next hour. And even if that failed, the company of her thoughts, the silence of herself was equally as pleasing.

She lifted the second drink to her lips and took a long sip.

It was going to be an interesting night. After all, she had things to do, and people to remove.

"Soon, another soul would be lost." she thought to herself.

Soon.

Randous
    Randous
    Krillin VIP

Character Sheet

Post by Randous Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:34 pm

Randous sipped his drink, sitting in silence as the two both seemed rather stubborn. "This one could be so much fun... stop messing this up with your pride," he thought to himself as his little game of chicken seemed to be backfiring. The black haired gentleman knew these type of women were tricky. He had trouble with them before, but this time he was determined to get it right. She could turn out to give him some joy, some fun. And that was something the mercenary had not had in quite some time.

Finishing his second drink rather fast - the tiny shot of hard liquor coursing through him rapidly. Randous finally began to feel a light buzz. It was poor choice to drink something so strong without food to mitigate his alcohol levels. But he wasn't a lightweight. He could still do five more without any food. "What is it that you do?" he asked, reengaging the conversation back to her after some silence. Of course he caved. She seemed exotic.

He couldn't let her slip through his fingers...
    Cynthia
    Cynthia

The Agile

Post by Cynthia Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:51 am

CYNTHIA,
    NIGHTSTALKER

■ 119 WORDS ■ "Aren't you interesting?"

She smiled at his questions. She was sure he was done with her, but it seemed as if she still reeled him in, even without a pull.

"Trafficking." she would answer. She would speak after another slow sip. "Or a transporter. Depends who hires me that day." She thought about her role in all of this. She was supposed to be a secret within Urban City, yet it was the city that hired her. She was someone who could move in the most obvious of places.

"And you?" she'd ask him, taking another sip, half her drink remained. She savored it this time, careful to not let it get to her head. "Let me guess. . . a contractor?"
    Randous
    Randous
    Krillin VIP

Character Sheet

Post by Randous Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:30 am

Randous the Terminator

The dance was back on. He grinned in response to her rather contagious smile - knowing that that damn smile probably got her through anything. Such was the curse of beauty. The response to his question was intriguing. It was just so short. Perhaps she was of a similar cloth as him. Their work was the type beyond simplistic, boring tasks. And neither could really discuss the details of their work due to the rather unpleasant circumstances. "Cryptic," he said with a chuckle, finding amusement in her answer. "Quite the interesting work. Beauty and full of skills... you really are dangerous," he joked, though in a way it was partially true.

She was very dangerous for him.
    Cynthia
    Cynthia

The Agile

Post by Cynthia Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:41 pm

CYNTHIA,
    NIGHTSTALKER

■ 177 WORDS ■ "Aren't you interesting?"

Without an answer to her question, she found it to be more of an interrogation than a conversation. She would again nod and smile as she did before to his words. She would again take her eyes off the man and back to the shelf of bottles and her lips to her glass. This was going to get no where if the both of them continued to dance on egg shells. Even so, perhaps he could be of use to her, and perhaps even they could find excitement in this night.

"No, I'm not that easy." she thought to herself. She would keep a distance for the while. The last man she trusted made off with all of her winnings. If if by accident, and even if his life was quickly snatched after, her wall would remain built. For now at least.

But perhaps she was foolish to let anyone in her life for more than just moments. Would she attempt to take this further or would she find her next prey?

That, she did not know.
    Randous
    Randous
    Krillin VIP

Character Sheet

Post by Randous Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:23 am

Randous the Terminator

"Contractor... I suppose that's one way of putting it..," he finally said after some silence with a chuckle. Truthfully thinking of his work was not all that pleasant. Though he did it- he didn't necessarily like it sometimes. Recent times in particular had made his life every difficult. "I'm very good at what I do... but sometimes what I do...isn't all that grand," he said with a sigh. When he was chasing monsters and killers - that's when Randous really enjoyed his work. Putting down things that really caused destruction and terror or eliminating criminals. Sometimes he worked for opposing sides, but it still brought him satisfaction to say the least.

He then finished what would be his third drink. "Recently there were Titans and Monsters roaming around these parts... It's strange to say... but I miss them.

They made work seem less... dirty,"
    he said, being rather honest despite her being a complete stranger...
    Cynthia
    Cynthia

The Agile

Post by Cynthia Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:44 am

CYNTHIA,
    NIGHTSTALKER

■ 197 WORDS ■ "Aren't you interesting?"

Titans. Monsters. Anubis.

She remembered that time. It felt like ages ago, but it was mere months since the destruction. She was tasked with moving and misplacing persons as well as materials for the sake of the mission. It was simple to her, as it was her own trade. But to try and navigate around, and in some cases through these full scale battles was tiring. It made her job hard. In fact, it was one of the only times she had to leave the city for her job. She almost never left the walls of the city. Being within the top floors or sewers was an entirely different story.

"Everything's easier when you have a cause. Then you have someone to fight for, be it a boss or others." she spoke without thinking, her emotions slipping out. She quickly caught herself.

"The gods are our puppeteers." she let out the final thoughts, only to finish her drink at the end of it, her gaze still at the line of drinks. There was nothing more to say about it. She didn't lose anyone in that war.

She never had anyone to lose.

That was how she lived.
    Randous
    Randous
    Krillin VIP

Character Sheet

Post by Randous Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:15 am

Randous the Terminator

As the Mercenary spoke of monsters and glory - he couldn't help but feel he showed his hand a little. Not many thought of his work as honorable, or righteous. He was considered a villain. That was not something he agreed with. Villains brought chaos, Villains sought out conflict. He was merely a man trying to make a living, in a world where his only worth was his sword and how well it cut. "Heh. Something... or Someone... to fight for. Perhaps...," he said in response with a soft chuckle. He called for a third drink, and still yet no food to go with it. "But I'd kill the Gods themselves... for the right price...," he said in response to her puppeteer comment, his own emotions slipping once again. He thought of the images that plagued his mind in the night.

He thought of the faces he could not fully remember, but felt his heart break over the mere sight of. Like long lost family separated from him forever. He thought of Nameless and the experiments when he arrived in Pandora. The anger he felt at their repercussions. A strong, enhanced body that could withstand anything. But all at the cost of something precious that he could not even recognize.

"Saahra...," he whispered to himself softly under his breath, as if that was a name he was to know. He knew not what it meant. Only that it was someone who was gone now.

"Are you always this poetic?" he snapped back into reality, trying to change the subject.
    Cynthia
    Cynthia

The Agile

Post by Cynthia Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:48 pm

CYNTHIA,
    NIGHTSTALKER

■ 93 WORDS ■ "Aren't you interesting?"

She laughed at his words. "Poetic?" He really didn't know what this world was capable of.

"It doesn't matter if you collect every relic and artifact in this world. You can't kill a god of death, in the land of death." She chuckled again, "The best you can do, is offer them your mortality. Gods get off on that. Especially Yama."

She knew so little about the outside world, but here, in Pandora, these gods walked the earth. They poses to be mortals only until they grew bored.

Then everything was their toy.
    Randous
    Randous
    Krillin VIP

Character Sheet

Post by Randous Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:34 pm

Randous the Terminator

"I don't believe that. I think everything can be killed, even the Gods. There's bound to be something that exists in this realm, though I do not find it worth searching for. But if the Gods are all-powerful why let one who is not a God control this domain? Surely to let such a being have control is to surrender to one, no?" he asked. This wasn't the kind of conversation he was expecting to have with a gorgeous woman of whom he felt such a physical attraction too. But it was the one they were having.

He ordered another round for them both. "I'd kill the Gods if it paid enough. If it meant rising from the shadows and finding that which is lost to me...," he said. "And what of you? Would you do anything for your deepest desires?"

"Even if it meant risking your life against the Gods?"
    Cynthia
    Cynthia

The Agile

Post by Cynthia Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:54 pm

CYNTHIA,
    NIGHTSTALKER

■ 270 WORDS ■ "Aren't you interesting?"

It was valid questions and interest, but surely he would find the answer before him. "No one wants to do the same thing forever. That's how businesses work, you delegate your responsibility. They passed on their duties without surrendering their power." She'd smile, it was a conversation worth her time, and perhaps this man was too.

"Isn't that what mercenaries are for? People to delegate hatred to end someone's life instead of their own?" She laughed a bit, wondering how else the world could work here. She had been here so long, she forgot what her life used to be before it was... well this. It was a lot to think about. Her desires. What would she do, given she could do anything?

"I'm afraid I can't answer that question for you." She would playfully look over at the man, before staring at another empty glass in her hands. "It's not because I'd have you kill you," she said jokingly, "But I have no need to go against the gods. As long as I keep these streets clean, the gods will grant me whatever materialistic things I request. Of my other needs, a god would never satisfy me, and there would be nothing for them to take it from me."

And that much was true. People worked for Urban City, doing the dark work. Everyone knew the secrets. Everyone did their part to keep it running. As long as no one disrupted order, there was nothing to fight over. Everyone had what they needed, provided you worked for the right person.

Now businesses on the other hand . . .
    Randous
    Randous
    Krillin VIP

Character Sheet

Post by Randous Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:04 am

Randous the Terminator

It was an interesting point that he hadn't considered. Like hiring someone akin to Randous to kill someone. They transferred responsibility but still got the job they wanted done. "Hmph. I suppose when you put it like that...," he said, before he ended up smiling too for a bit. She was smart. He had to give her that. Every bit of this conversation kept him on his toes.

As far as their drinking was going... she seemed to be having a much easier time in that department as well. This girl could definitely hold her liquor. "Well perhaps I should change the question then...," he said with a grin. "Is there a desire that fuels you, that you would do anything to accomplish? A passion, a goal, or an ambition?" he asked rhetorically.

"I feel like there's lots of ambitions in a girl like you...," he chuckled before finishing yet another glass. Randous felt like he was starting to get used to the craziness of Pandora, of its mysteries and its strange workings. In some ways he was more free in The Land of Death than he had ever been in life. He only wished he could remember everything that he had lost. Perhaps sometime Nameless would be able to tell him...

Before he slit his throat at least.~
    Cynthia
    Cynthia

The Agile

Post by Cynthia Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:06 pm

CYNTHIA,
    NIGHTSTALKER

■ 121 WORDS ■ "Aren't you interesting?"

It was a good question, one she couldn't dance around all night. She had her own home, her own collection of toys and people, though to her, they were one and the same. What was she set out to do? What did she desire? Was there anything else for her to achieve in this world?

"I used to want to be freed from the god's grasp, though, without their work, Id'd supposed I'd have to find something else to ease my boredom." She had stopped drinking, knowing very much well that the back of her mind would become her front at the end of the next glass, whichever size. She was not going to test her luck, not now at least.
    Randous
    Randous
    Krillin VIP

Character Sheet

Post by Randous Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:26 am

Randous the Terminator

He paused as he awaited to hear her answer...the black haired mercenary stirring with curiosity as he continued his drink. Was it Power? Money? Status? Or was it nothing? Was she one of those souls who had already found what they were looking for. He envied such beings. When she finally spoke - his ears perked up eager and ready. Once he heard her answer.. a slight sadness fell onto him, though he was adept at hiding it. Another content soul. Was he the only one who wasn't entirely happy here? "Is that so... Well... You can always use me to ease your boredom~," he offered with a small chuckle. "Even if it's just another drink like this sometime...," he would say.
    Cynthia
    Cynthia

The Agile

Post by Cynthia Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:42 am

CYNTHIA,
    NIGHTSTALKER

■ 124 WORDS ■ "Aren't you interesting?"

She gave off a laugh, finding him and the entire interaction wholly amusing. Her life was tedious, but even with the same job, every day was a new adventure. Bodies whole, some in pieces. Some to be protected others to be dismembered. Pandora was far from a corrupt place, everything simply worked as it was supposed to. It was mortals that made this world messy.

"Another nameless man offering me a way to ease my boredom." she smiled, "I'll take you up on your offer then." She waved at the bartender, to which he slammed a shot on the counter and slid it over to her. She would reach for it to drink it in a single gulp.

Something that she may soon regret.
    Randous
    Randous
    Krillin VIP

Character Sheet

Post by Randous Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:26 pm

Randous the Terminator

His face formed a rather cheerful grin at her response. His light blue eyes held hints of desire and longing in them as he sipped his drink, finishing his last beverage of the evening. He felt a pretty heavy buzz, but he had enough sense of himself to function properly. "I don't have to be nameless. You've just never bothered to ask my name~" he said in response as he put money down on the table for their drinks.

He offered her his arm to latch onto. It was time for a change in scenery.
    Cynthia
    Cynthia

The Agile

Post by Cynthia Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:10 am

CYNTHIA,
    NIGHTSTALKER

■ 124 WORDS ■ "Aren't you interesting?"

"Names change just as often as hearts do." She would smile, taking his arm with hers to go where he desired.

It wasn't a mindless comment, but rather one carefully picked to amuse her alone. After all, the Agency and the Legion ran this world whether you liked it for not. You worked for one of two creatures, both who lived for the purpose of the single being that ruled this world. But maybe that man would never know that the one he was looking for, was someone this girl found regulary.

Fate has a funny way of working out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:50 am