Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Unknown Lands

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 118 posts! Please welcome our newest member, Amaihana!

I'm the map! [Solo]

Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

I Need A Medic! Gravestone THIS IS MADNESS! The Giving Tree

Lineage : The Forgesmith
    Position : None
    Origin : Urban City
    Sacred Shards : 2
    Class : C
    Level : 11
    Experience : 505

I'm the map! [Solo] Empty I'm the map! [Solo]

Post by Sly Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:00 am

He finally found it.

After settling quite decently within the cage-like confines of Urban City, he had a feeling that he needed to go out and enjoy the much fresher air that should exist somewhere within this realm. That was when he encountered the job offering. Well, it was not so much as work if he had to be honest. The travel agency told him to come here if he wanted to look for places where he could... 'escape' from the city. His offer was rather good, and he took it without much of a second thought.

And of course he took into account the economic classes of everything and the less than decent meals that he would be forcing himself to eat. Yeah, just like his youth alright...

Anyways, here he stood, upon the foot of the manor. If this was a manor at all. This towering building looked like a castle. And seeing how aged the wood was, how the weeds and ivy had taken over the walls and roofs, and how there were no guards stationed anywhere, what the agency told him was indeed correct. This manor was abandoned.

As to what he was doing here in the first place, well, this place was supposed to be a library now. And all he needed to do was to find a map. Taking a deep breath, he pushed open the creaking doors to the dimly lit... great hall? Great. Shelves of books were tightly packed in this grand room, with an atrium to several more floors above. The gap between each shelf was very thin, that anyone in here would have to be shifting sideways to find anything. And to make matters worse, the labels and signs on each shelf had long since been faded. There was a book on the floor just before him. Even the title had eroded away.

Sly huffed a loud sigh. Suppose he should get started...

--

EDIT:

Words: 323/100

Last edited by Sly on Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

I'm the map! [Solo] Empty Re: I'm the map! [Solo]

Post by Sly Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:17 am

Now where could he find a map?

Considering the state this place had been, many people had came by here. Either they were searching for knowledge, despite not being able to read the title or anything, or they were just curiously flipping through everything. Then again, mayhap there were others like him, coming here for no other purpose than to scavenge for maps. How unfortunate. That a library as grand as this was reduced to such a pitiful state, a treasure trove of maps than knowledge, while the latter would be left to wither away with the ticks of time.

Sly picked up one of the books on the nearest table and flipped through the pages. Specks of dust blasted him with the old oak smell and he turned to cough. Blowing away the rest of it in the air, he scanned the pages. The paper had started to decolour and decay from age, and the text was handwritten. It was detailing about some history of a place that did not ring any bells. Knowing how long this must have been here for, the place could may as well have no longer existed. Still, perhaps it would not hurt to give it brief read. He sat on the nearest chair and flipped through the pages, taking into mind a brief summary of what each page spoke of.

--

Words: 227

Last edited by Sly on Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    NPC
    NPC
    Admin

I'm Important Too! I'm Important Too! I'm Important Too! I'm the map! [Solo] Empty
    You must have rolled a lot of dice...

Lineage : Wrath of The NPC
    Origin : Admin Panel
    Sacred Shards : ?
    Class : ?
    Level : ?
    Experience : ?

Post by NPC Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:17 am

The member 'Sly' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Normal Dice' :
    I'm the map! [Solo] Dice-icon
    Result :
    I'm the map! [Solo] 2iiafqp
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:40 am

It only took him 30 or so minutes, but he felt his head heavy with a number of things... and almost nothing at all. Turns out it was documenting a place that existed a few centuries ago, but was already taken over and annexed into the Central Pandora that he knew today. At least he learned some culture of the new world at least, especially since this region was filled with all sorts of natives.

He almost forgot what task he was supposed to do, and then remembered having to find a map. The only lead he could think of was perhaps look for an area with something pertaining that of a geographical location. Like a globe of the realm fixed in the centre of a section. Sly chose to climb up the several steps, crossing several floors of nothing but books. If this place used to be a manor, then either the last master of the place really liked his books, or someone decided to try and sell it off as a library that did not quite work out.

He managed to find a large globe on one of the floors, the huge sphere of the world having snapped off from its stand and rolled off, sitting in the corner collecting dust. Sly head over to that section. Unfortunately, it looked incredibly ransacked. He sighed a little, having very little doubt that indeed he was not the first person whom the Travel Agency referred to here to find a map. One of the books had some of its title retained. Something about De Fiore. If he recalled, it was one of the locations in this realm. He gave the book a flip through once, but nothing fell out. Not even a diagram of the place was given. However, it wouldn't hurt having a read on the culture and local flora and fauna of the place. The few pictures of a kingdom in a mountain-like landscape, and a castle sitting upon one of several bridging islands did catch his intrigue, and he started to give it a read through.

Mayhap he could visit the place someday...

--

Words: 356/100
    Dice: 6/20
    NPC
    NPC
    Admin

I'm Important Too! I'm Important Too! I'm Important Too! I'm the map! [Solo] Empty

Post by NPC Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:40 am

'Normal Dice' :
    Result :
    I'm the map! [Solo] Wcbjer
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:57 am

Significant time had passed and, while he took his time reading the scripture carefully rather than racing through it like before, he did not want to stay here until it was dark. Literally the only thing lighting the room was the sunlight beaming from the tall archwindows on each floor. Once it gets dark, he would have to light the overhanging lanterns. And they did not look like they had any wick left. At least there would be a librarian somewhere who would tell him when the Manor would be closing. Sly closed the book, having already read more than what was necessary for any ordinary person about De Fiore, and whatever magic that bound the place. A dragon? He could barely believe that. Of course he did come from a world where dragons had existed but were close to extinct, he had never saw an actual dragon here. Not even read about one until now. But even then, did anyone here really caught sight of one? And how were they different to those of his world?

Perhaps he could find something about them. No children's book. No speculations. Just pure history on the true recurrences of such large beasts. He wandered about the same floor, never minding what his true mission here was. Sly got all day for that. He may as well take his time with the books, just in case his mission did not work out for him in the end. After a bit of searching on one of the shelves, he pulled out an old-cobweb covered book. The title was gone, but a gold insignia of a dragon was on it. Becoming a little curious, he wriggled himself out and flipped to the first page. Luck must have been on his side. Out of thousands of books, he managed to find something that was perhaps useful. He ensured it did not sound like stories one would give to children. This was a memoir of several accounts from explorers who had encountered dragons it seemed. With a few more that dared to follow one, though none had managed to find any significantly larger gathering of such creatures and lived.

But it was at least something, as he continued reading...

--

Words: 372/100
    Dice: 8/20
    NPC
    NPC
    Admin

Post by NPC Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:57 am

'Normal Dice' :
    Result :
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:08 am

At the halfway mark of most of these memoirs, it was nothing but theories and conjectures over the lives of dragons. To make matters worse, none of them seemed to hold any consistency with one another. He shut his mind off, as well as the book, when it got to that stage and placed it among the pile again. Sly twisted his neck around, cracking it as he gave himself a bit of a stretch. Well, he had gained a lot of something... and a whole lot of nothing. If he wanted to read something, mayhap he should take something that is at least more useful.

After a bit of careful rummaging over the piles of books near the broken globe, he was convinced that all the maps were taken in this section and he would have to find it using a more... incidental approach. Sly climbed a single floor down, to what looked like a study surrounded by several shelves, towering over it. A single book was on it, inside a broken display case. Looked like someone thought there was a map inside. Sly picked it up anyways. "Pocket Dimensions". That would probably be a good read at least, if he had the time. He just scrolled through the pages, learning that there were devices that could hold a new dimension... or world, where one could store whatever possessions they have, or used such dimension to escape from realities and everything.

One thing motivated him to read it a bit more thoroughly. A chance to get back to his world. Or even something that could take him in between worlds. There were legends of such items. But nothing conclusive. He placed the book back, feeling his heart grow heavy. Should he just stop dreaming about going back? He was getting homesick and all, worried about his own comrades, but there was nothing he could do. They had to deal with living without him and Lexia. And the two living without them.

--

Words: 332/100
    Dice: 10/20
    NPC
    NPC
    Admin

Post by NPC Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:08 am

'Normal Dice' :
    Result :
    I'm the map! [Solo] 302rhb8
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:18 am

He found himself within a section about the arts of healing. Nothing with magic of sorts of course, but about natural remedies and alchemy. Some of his knowledge from his home world would be useless here, since the herbs would not even exist. And there would no doubt be newer plants as well. And maybe more advanced developments. Sly spent a bit of his time in this section, go through book after book, trying to take in what is most relevant to him. There were a few familiar names, and others, he had to take the time to study them and even take notes himself. It was a little unfortunate he could not take any of these books with him.

Of course, no one could become an apothecary buff in one day. He grabbed what little summary he could before deciding to move the stacked pile off to one side. The rest he would have to find a way to research them, but he should now be able to make any basic potions required for any non-magic healers. If that is ever relevant at all, and if there were a shortage of healers upon this realm. He knew far too much about unique flora of every region on Pandora, as well as a general view of their natural remedies. It was not like he needed to know anything more beyond this point.

He gave up after several more books, not finding a single map here. Perhaps he should look in a place where he would least expect there to be a map of sorts. Sly patted his hands over his shirt, getting rid of the dust as he looked up through the atrium. Actually, he did want to take up bartending again. Maybe he could learn a few more newer cocktails...

--

Words: 301/100
    Dice: 13/20

Last edited by Sly on Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    NPC
    NPC
    Admin

Post by NPC Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:18 am

'Normal Dice' :
    Result :
    I'm the map! [Solo] E7h35y
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:26 am

As it turned out, after climbing a number of stairs and going past several floors, he found himself in a dustier area where there was little rummaging. The only thing defeating his chances of finding a map here was just the section over where he was stopping. Cooking. Lexia would surely have a field day if she was up here, but for now he should just take what was most relevant for him - and hopefully find a map as well.

Many of the books were just menus on how to cook vegetarian dishes, how to cook this sort of main and that, and there was even one misplaced book on how to make soaps that smells like, and looks like, fruits. Even to him it was a little disturbing that someone would put something like this here. Sly shelved that book on the very top shelf before grabbing what was probably more useful for him. One about making cocktails. Another about the principles of tea-making. And another a desert menu written by a deceased connoisseur.

They were not as thick as the other books that he managed to read, but they would still take some time for him to try and memorise these menus. Mayhap he could make something that would help Lexia recover some memories. Oh but if only he had his own personal bar area like he did in his previous world. He grumbled a little. He had been thinking a lot about his old world today and it was almost starting to get to him. Sly shook his head and quickly tried to familiarise himself with these deserts and drinks.

--

Words: 274/100
    Dice: 17/20
    NPC
    NPC
    Admin

Post by NPC Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:26 am

'Normal Dice' :
    Result :
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:36 am

He closed the book on the last menu and rested his hand against his head. His eyes were getting sore from exhaustion of how much he had to absorb in one day. Maybe he had forgotten something already and was about to be driven insane with how long he had been kept in here looking for a map. But as he pondered on his next course of action, he noticed a piece of folded up paper sticking out in between two books on the shelf. Probably another menu, but it was worth a shot.

The parchment slipped out fairly easily and he unfurled it before him. Then he sighed a little in relief. Bloody hell, where the hell have you been? He thought to himself as he stared at what looked to be a map. But only for a section of Pandora. It was good enough, at least he could do some exploring and enjoy a bit of holiday from the tight confines of the Urban City. Pocketing the parchment, he made his way back down to the ground floor, almost marvelling at the sheer amount of stairs that he managed to climb once he was hard focused on finding a map. At least he got it, as well as updating himself on the knowledge of Pandora. Well, at least on subjects that would matter most for him.

He waved to the returning librarian as he made his exit and relaxed as the warm and natural breeze brushed over his cheeks. It was time to do some planning.

--

((OOC: Screw you Dice!))

Words: 258/100
    Dice: 19/20 (Becomes 20+ after this roll)
    NPC
    NPC
    Admin

Post by NPC Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:36 am

'Normal Dice' :
    Result :
    Fetus
    Fetus
    Shinigami VIP

I'm Important Too! I'm the map! [Solo] Empty

Lineage : Martyr's Soul
    Origin : Pandora
    Sacred Shards : 16
    Level : 23
    Experience : 10870

Character Sheet
    Character Name: Fetus
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Primary Magic: Dog

Post by Fetus Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:38 pm

One dice coming up!
    (And a passport!)
    NPC
    NPC
    Admin

Post by NPC Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:38 pm

The member 'Fetus' has done the following action : Dices roll

'D Class Reward Dice' :