Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Unknown Lands

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! Your last visit was . You have made 118 posts! Please welcome our newest member, Amaihana!

Oaths sworn [Skylar's C-B rank Exam][Private, Lexia]

Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

I Need A Medic! How It's Made The Giving Tree Runs With The Wind
    HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Lineage : Soul of The Storm
    Position : None
    Origin : Urban City
    Sacred Shards : 15
    Class : A
    Level : 58
    Experience : 30200

Oaths sworn [Skylar's C-B rank Exam][Private, Lexia] Empty Oaths sworn [Skylar's C-B rank Exam][Private, Lexia]

Post by Skylar Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:44 am

Prerequisites:
    - Level 25 / 1000 EXP
    - 75 Posts

Exam Information: An examination is usually a test of growth and improvement. Some teachers will go as far as sparring to test their student's strength. Other mentors will watch over their apprentice to see they have improved as a person. Whatever the case may be, the person taking the exam must undergo a change. This will vary from person to person. Some may be a simple as taking a journey into one's soul, while others may have to face a thousand ninja assassins. However, whoever is helping the participant in the thread, may increase difficulty. For a mentor of equal or greater class, the WC is unchanged. For a mentor who is a class below, the WC is doubled. For a mentor who is of the opposing alignment (based on organization relationships) the post count for the student is doubled.

Exam Requirements:
    - 10 Post Minimum (Student)
    - 5 Post Minimum (Mentor)
    - 125 Word Minimum

Note: Mentors are someone of equal or higher Class, and Organization leaders may always mentor the exam, or even give a task to the member in their place.

Cost to Skip Exam: - 2,500,000 Coins

Additional Note: Organization leaders may skip this exam at the cost of 1,250,000 Coins, or with a thread of 7 posts, no mentor.

Skylar meets these requirements. As such, she's going to go ahead and do this exam with my alt, @Lexia , as her mentor. The topic starts next post, which will be with Skylar to initiate the exam.
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Oaths sworn [Skylar's C-B rank Exam][Private, Lexia] Empty Re: Oaths sworn [Skylar's C-B rank Exam][Private, Lexia]

Post by Skylar Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:48 am

Despite the shady nature of the place, Skylar had the nerve to ask Lexia to meet up with her at this location. It wasn't something that she would normally do, but with her letter, she'd explained what she needed. For the feathered lady, it was nor more of a waiting game, to see if she would actually show up, especially as Lexia had indeed replied, saying that she would do this for her. She even detailed a place to meet. Skylar glanced back down at the letter Lexia had given her.

This was the right place, a pier out towards the middle of the river which suddenly stopped, and, per Lexia's estimation, it was actually pretty peaceful, despite the odd colour of the water. As well as the fact that no one was really around, on her way over, Skylar hadn't even seen a single person...

Word Count :: 146/125
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

LET IT BURN! The Water Within Terraforming Oaths sworn [Skylar's C-B rank Exam][Private, Lexia] Empty

Lineage : Genbu, The Black Tortoise
    Sacred Shards : 51
    Class : B
    Level : 50
    Experience : 5180

Oaths sworn [Skylar's C-B rank Exam][Private, Lexia] Empty Re: Oaths sworn [Skylar's C-B rank Exam][Private, Lexia]

Post by Lexia Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:54 am

Ah, she was there, waiting for her at the start of the pier. No one was in sight, like Lexia had hoped beyond hope. With a smile, she approached the feathered lady. "I see that you have indeed managed to make it here." Lexia said, a smile on her face. Skylar seemed... Unsure of what to expect, to say the least. Without waiting for her student to talk, Lexia laughed gently, before gesturing towards the end of the pier.

"Walk with me, Skylar... I have a few questions I want to ask you." She said honestly. Not even waiting for her, she began to walk forward and onto the pier. Again, Lexia wouldn't wait as she asked her next question. "When I first met you, you looked troubled. You still carry the same look in your eye, so tell me, honestly, do you enjoy what you have been doing?"

Word Count :: 149/125
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:59 pm

Skylar paused for only a few moments before she nodded and began to walk forward, following Lexia along the rather rotted pier. Pieces of wood stuck up at awkward angles, the floorboards slippery under her feet. However, the question wasn't something that she was expecting, her dark eyes blinking mildly in surprise.

Had she really been so obvious with her partial regret for what she had been doing? It wasn't that she hated doing this, it was more along the lines of... It was testing her. It tested her in ways which the poor woman never was expecting, throwing her right into the maws of death, right into staring down to the people's eyes moments before her blade pierced their flesh, crimson spilling freely from their injuries.

Until they were dead. Skylar gave a small sigh, tilting her head up to look to the sky.

Word Count :: 145/125
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:05 am

"When you make a promise to someone, or more accurately, when I do, no matter what happens to me... I will always strive to ensure that I keep the promise. Especially if it aid them in any way, shape or form. I may face rough times, I might seem like I have it rough, a constant look in my eyes of distance... But truly, in one way or another, I do enjoy it. Yet, at the same time, I don't. The way their eyes constantly watch me do the deeds sworn, my oaths given... It silences my own soul." Skylar explained, the water gently lapping against the piers supporting beams.

She paused for a few moments, lowering her gaze with a gentle smile on her face.

"So, I guess I don't enjoy it. But hey, to me, a promise is a promise. I will do anything in my power to uphold my oaths.". Her tone was firm, Skylar's voice taking up that familiar sense of authority.

She was proud in her actions, her will to uphold her promises, even if it seemed tragic or outright outrageous.

Word Count :: 186/125
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

LET IT BURN! The Water Within Terraforming Oaths sworn [Skylar's C-B rank Exam][Private, Lexia] Empty

Post by Lexia Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:16 am

So she was finding it hard to do, yet at the same time, she wasn't? It was as if this woman's strength was unmatched, or at least, her determination. Slowly, Lexia nodded at her answers, a small smile on her face.

"So, Skylar, why are you so happy with yourself for being able to keep these promises, what weight do they carry with you and why? And if you don't mind me asking, why are you so challenged to uphold these promises, or oaths as you've said if you seem to be proud of yourself for doing them?" Lexia asked, somewhat conflicted by the fact that her current 'student' seemed not to exactly want to truly open up to her and actively explain things in a way which would make sense.

But at the same time, Lexia had to admire how strongly this woman held her promises, how high in her priority list which she marked them at. And, truly, it was amazing. Lexia continued her stride towards the end of the pier, not even looking at where she was going. Although, after a few more steps, she would pause and face Skylar, giving the woman her complete attention.

Word Count :: 199/125
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:23 am

The moment that Lexia turned to face Skylar, the woman simply stopped and continued to face forwards, towards where they were walking towards. The greenish water lapped at the deck, causing a layer of green algae to form over its surface. Her heart was hammering in her chest. To give those answers...

Skylar's head lowered a little, but her smile, the look of pride in her eyes didn't fade. "You see. . . Everything is linked with me. I adore helping people, keeping my promises until my own hurt and, as such, as hard as it can be sometimes, there is always someone who has to carry the burden for others. Someone has to be the one to be the shield for them, to ensure that they are protected." The image of her brother flickered through her eyes, but she smiled brightly.

"I carry this weight because I must and I will. It was something that I have always done - to ensure that everyone around me was able to deal with their own issues while I held the shield to protect them from the fiery darts around them. But you see...

Some promises are hard to uphold... And the reason why I have been struggling is..."

Word Count :: 207/125
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:30 am

"... Because lifeless eyes are always the ones which burn into my soul, the people screaming for me to stop, the people shouting curses at me and others who simply stand there and take it like they didn't care." Her tone faltered, her strong voice failing her. She turned her blackened eyes towards her, eyes narrowing just slightly.

"Imagine murdering people around you, feeling their warm blood rush down your hands, dying before you. Murderers in their own right, grave robbers, assassins, people who don't deserve to live... and yet, by taking in the dark yourself, by simply doing these deeds as they are the right thing to do..." Skylar grinned, "That is why I can carry on if it's hard. As my true mentor, someone I truly look up to... That is what they have requested of me. And that is what I shall give to them until I've fulfilled that final act and slain Sei- no matter how many times I try, in the end... I know I'll succeed in that."

Word Count :: 173/125
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

Post by Lexia Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:37 am

"How many times you try?" Lexia repeated with a small frown, before continuing to walk forward, slower this time as if she were thinking about something important.

"What would happen to you if you were to fail in your last task?" She asked gently, somewhat thinking that she already knew the answer, but at the same time, Lexia wanted to confirm it. Sometimes, making assumptions of people was a rather bad idea, and this was no exception. Lexia had assumed that Skylar was innocent, someone only looking to help others, and yet here she was, admitting to being a murderer before her.

However, she did state that they themselves were 'evil' in their own way...

"And what makes you different from them? If you were a murderer just as some of them were, what makes you any less evil than they? How do you know you're not on someone's 'kill-list' as we speak?"

Word Count :: 153/125
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:46 am

Skylar gave a small shrug, "If he killed me... I'm almost positive that my mentor wouldn't leave me dead, so to speak. I'm sure that Nameless would be there for me, to revive me if she could. I'm almost CERTAIN of it, plus... I'm also hoping that this... K wouldn't let me die either." Skylar said completely honestly as she gave a partially apologetic shrug.

However, Lexia's next accusatory words caused the woman to stop in her tracks. Wood splintered as she slammed her foot down against the pier, sending a few scattering around her feet like dust.

Skylar, a murderer? Just as bad as those four which she had ended? She gritted her teeth lightly, struggling not to retaliate to that attack on her pride. Slowly, she exhaled, a smile deliberately on her face as she looked across to Lexia.

"Well... You see..."

Word Count :: 144/125
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:52 am

"I'm not one that deliberately goes out looking for people to kill. I don't go out killing the innocent, robbing the poor, robbing the rich, slaying the fatherless, desecrating tombs, being a jerk to anyone and everyone who I meet. I do my best to actually be kind to people - why do you think I was kind to you? Why I helped Sly with his medicine for you and aided with his exam?" Skylar said gently, before rolling her shoulders lightly to ease her anger from her before beginning to walk.

Perhaps even in front of Lexia.

"I'm not evil, I don't do the wrong thing, so to speak. What I do is generally done for the good of everyone around me, or it is requested of me. I wouldn't go out slaughtering people simply because they looked at me funny, or if they annoyed me..."

Skylar's voice trailed off, her mind thinking a little. "No. I'm not evil like they are. I'm someone fighting for what is right, not... For my own selfish ambitions."

Word Count :: 176/125
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

Post by Lexia Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:59 am

Reassured by Skylar's words, Lexia nodded before she joined Skylar with their walk. For a few moments, they were in silence. Just as easily as Lexia's thoughts of Skylar were changed to that of evil, they were changed back. She understood where Skylar was coming from, memories tugging just out of reach...

Lexia smiled, "I'm glad that you aren't someone to do those things to others and that you really do look out for others. But you know, you don't have to carry burdens alone, that's why you have friends around you. Why don't you talk to them about these things, let them know how you're feeling and how you're coping with things? You don't have to be the hero all the time and soldier on for everyone, you'll slip and crumble if you continue without help for yourself, so to speak."

Word Count :: 142/125
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:16 am

Skylar laughed gently, "If I were to give up the hold that I already have and allow people to try and take the burdens I have had to carry, they will all fold before me." Skylar smiled, before tilting her head a little more with a brilliant smile lighting up her face.

"The concern for my well being is appreciated, but I don't think it would be wise if I were to share the experiences with others. I have held worse things to my heart, I've held things close to me and I haven't faltered. I will not allow this to start now after all these years. Not after I've been given a fresh start, a fresh beginning and given people who actually care about me."

Word Count :: 126/125
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:50 am

"I will not fail them, and I will not allow my burdens to pass onto them. They deserve to have their busy lives lessened, not more compound due to my own actions and what I can and cannot handle." Skylar said rather surely, her eyebrows pulling together to give a small frown. "I don't want them to be burdened. I never want them to be because of me. Why do you think I do everything I can, and try the hardest I can to help them, why I am so sure of what I do and so positive with how I go about things- aside from the tasks I have been given. They've been challenging..."

Her voice trailed off as she gave a small laugh. "Honestly, I'd rather almost die than give them more issues to deal with." Skylar answered, her voice a little quieter than she realised.

Word Count :: 149/125
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

Post by Lexia Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:11 am

A smile cracked on her face.

She had such a determination that Lexia just knew she wasn't going to persuade her otherwise. But that being said, Lexia was more than satisfied with what Skylar had said. "Alright, alright... Whatever you declare, Sky." Lex said easily, before coming to a stop at the edge of the pier. Her arms crossed behind her back, and she gave a rather large grin.

"You may be sure that you're doing the right thing with this, and I am not saying that you're not. Just, remember, if you need it, your friends are honestly there to help you, whenever they can." Lex remarked, before dropping her gaze to look into the waters. "They'll help you out if times get rough, but... Until then, keep doing your acts of kindness and keep soldiering on."

"The world needs more people like you."

Word Count :: 145/125
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:24 am

"Trust me, there's no way that I would do something that might fracture what I've said. I'm a bit more... Resilient than most people think. So I thank you for your concern for me, but honestly... I'll be fine."

But for some reason, Skylar still felt an unusual emptiness within her soul.

With a roll of her shoulders, the woman did her best to ignore her as she cast her gaze over the tainted, polluted waters. At least Lexia helped her with this, forced her to open up just a little. With a small sigh, the woman gave a sad smile. "Thanks... For that, I appreciate it." She said quietly, before, after several long minutes, Skylar would slowly turn away and walk back down the pier...

But was it really alright to trust people to help you? She didn't believe so...

She didn't want them burdened with her own 'issues'.

Word Count :: 150/125

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:48 am