Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Unknown Lands

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 118 posts! Please welcome our newest member, Amaihana!

Information Gathering; A Dark Descent.... [Mission]

Zinnia
    Zinnia
    Magikarp VIP

The Giving Tree Gravestone I Need A Medic! Information Gathering; A Dark Descent.... [Mission] Empty
    The Cringy

Lineage : Soul of The Wicken
    Position : None
    Origin : Urban City
    Sacred Shards : 37
    Class : C
    Level : 10
    Experience : 470

Character Sheet
    Character Name: Zinnia
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Primary Magic: Manipulation

Information Gathering; A Dark Descent.... [Mission] Empty Information Gathering; A Dark Descent.... [Mission]

Post by Zinnia Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:10 pm

Admin wrote:
    Must complete Part 1 before beginning this mission.
    This mission may only be completed once
    Job Title: Information Gathering (Part 2)
    Job Requirements: At least one character of C class (or equivelant of), 3 Characters Max, 10 posts, 200 words. (You must defeat at least 40 Fairies total)
    Job Location: Anywhere in Ninja Town
    Job Description:  Dr. Mundo has requested your help once more. This time rather than you getting a book, he wants you to being him wings.

Enemies:
    Weak: Young Fairies (x5) : They are weak, but will fly around at 15m/s. They are no more than a few inches in height. They are young and new to magic. They will go down with half a D-Ranks worth of damage. They will fly at you and may get in the way of your attacks and redirect them.

Normal: Sylphs (x5) : They are described as almost transparent, very small, and winged or alternatively as tall with long feathered wings, large, hawk-like eyes, and angular faces. Sylphs cast sharp razor winds out of their wings which do a D-rank damage when hit. Sylphs go down with a D-rank hit. They are on average 5in in height

Strong: Drakes (x5) : These Fairies are mean and ruthless. They will attack on sight in order to protect their queen. They shoot small fire balls out of their mouth which do a C-rank damage. Drakes go down with a C-rank hit.

Boss:  Fairy Queen - The Fairy Queen is mad that you are trying to attack her children. For every post she lives, roll the Normal Dice. She will summon that many Drakes to her aid. She will cast Ice and Wind Elemental attacks for A-Ranked Damage, she will go down with a single B-Ranked hit. She is a foot in height.

Reward: x2 D-Class Reward Dice

Code:
    [b]Usernames:[/b] (Who is going on the Mission?)
    [b]Location:[/b] (Where are you going to complete your mission?)
    [b]Class:[/b] (What classes are the participants?)

So, that man whose book I had uncovered needed my assistance again. For what, I wondered, as I trotted through the woods, barely paying much mind to the surroundings to either side of me. Many people stopped and stared at the strange wolf with the metal claws, a few people even started whispering concerned things, and would quickly move out of my way as I approached. It was frustrating, as it made not being noticed.... well, more that difficult, to say the least. I had merely heard from a resource that the man whom I had helped in the beginning was looking for people to help him once again.

Well, as long as the pay is good, Zinnia didn't much care. Her original goal was turning out to be much harder to achieve than originally expected. Her partner, Tyrone, was very difficult to deal with. A frustratingly off topic, and manipulative demon he was. And he didn't much care for her own opinion on things, often doing stuff that was completely unnecessary, or geting them into more trouble than she had desired.

It made taking the devil anywhere.... really difficult. Regardless, she was glad she was rid of him, at least temporarily. You have no idea how annoying he could be. Their souls were bound by a contract, so he couldn't leave, so whenever he tried to threaten her with such an aspect into doing what he wanted, she'd politely refuse, stating he couldn't leave her even if he wanted to. While Tyron was actively manipulative, Zinnia was passively manipulative. She used the opponent's own ignorance against them.

She had decided to take the back roads, so as she wouldn't scare any one. Causing a comotion was no in her plans, and an anthromromorphic wolf would certainly raise a few suspicions and concerns. Leaping over a fence, she approached a large house, and checked the house number. Yep, this was the place she was suppose to meet him. Walking up to the door, she placed a metal paw on the hard wood, knocking gently, so not to scratch it.

She was soon greeted by a tall man with a long beard. Doctor Mundo. She had met him once before. But she wasn't here to chatter. She was here to do a job. At first, he was a little spooked at the giant wolf in front of his door, then he recognized the metal claws, and smiled warmly at her, opening his door.

"Come in, come in, miss Zinnia!" he said, opening the door ever so slightly to allow the she wolf in. As much as she desired to refuse, she followed him anyway. Might as well get on his good side, and not be sassy or formal like she usually was. Besides, she enjoyed being treated as an intelligent individual, and not as an animal.

Walking through the living room, Zinnia made her way over to the sofa, leaping onto it. "Can I get you some tea, or anything?" he asked, tilting his head. "No, thank you," the she wolf politely declined. She disliked the taste of tea. Couldn't understand why humans liked it. It was so bitter. She waited for a bit, before Dr. Mundo came back with his own tea, holding the book she had retrieved for him in his hands.

"I'm sure you're aware of what this is, correct?" the man asked. When the she wolf nodded in reply, he continued, "Well, you see, now that I have gotten my book back, I have become more invested in my work than ever. Though, I have run into a problem. You see, for my research, I need fairy wings. Unfortunately, fairies can be aggressive little buggers when provoked. So that is why I need you to go after them!"

Fairies, really? Zinnia raised an eyebrow. She knew very little about fairies, but weren't they supposed to be, like, I don't know, all cute and magical? Not vicious and aggressive. Oh well, a job's a job, and arguing with the person who hired you for said job is never a good idea. Shrugging, the wolf stood up.

"Very well. I'll go kill some of these buggers for you," she said, leaping from the couch. Mundo smiled happily, "Thank you! I need at least 80 wings, so that means I need you to kill at least 40 fairies. Good luck!" he said, opening the door for her to leave. Tilting her head a bit at such a strange request, the she wolf shrugged it off as a mad man giving her money, and decided to go search for said fairies in the nearby forest.
    Zinnia
    Zinnia
    Magikarp VIP

The Giving Tree Gravestone I Need A Medic! Information Gathering; A Dark Descent.... [Mission] Empty
    The Cringy

Character Sheet

Information Gathering; A Dark Descent.... [Mission] Empty Re: Information Gathering; A Dark Descent.... [Mission]

Post by Zinnia Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:28 pm

Taking the backwards root she had used to get to the house in the first place, the wolf would quickly leap over the fence, heading towards the nearby forest. Mundo hadn't really given her any instructions on where exactly to find these fairies, but she hoped this meant that they would be relatively easy to find. Or maybe she was just screwed. Regardless, she carried on, rushing towards the destination of the forest.

After taking the long way, she finally made it to the edge of town, where the pathway started to go from homes to trees. Now this was her element. No large homes or scoping eyes to judge her or desire her harm. She couldn't help but pick up her pace ever so slightly as she dove into the woods, her fur brushing up against the underbrush. Once away from the town and in the general vicinity of the woods, she quickly diverged from the cobblestone path, heading headlong in the direction of the trees.

She ran for a bit, enjoying the tranquility of the surrounding forest, before she began to slow her pace. She wouldn't get paid, after all, if she didn't pay attention to her surroundings, and what was going on around her, as if she did that, she wouldn't be able to locate the fairies. Coming to a reluctant stop, she began to sniff around.

Zinnia wasn't exactly sure what a fairy smelled like. She had never encountered one, after all. There were many mysterious creatures in this world, and a fairy wasn't exactly high on her list of things she found interesting enough to learn their scent.

The she wolf walked over to a small clearing, and looked around. There was a small patch of wildflowers growing in the center of the small clearing. Zinnia, while knowing she wouldn't find any fairies over there, decided to walk over, anyway, brushing up against the flowers with her furry body. their beautiful scent overwhelmed her. They were very pleasant, she thought.

After that brief moment of tranquility, she continued on her search.
    NPC
    NPC
    Admin

I'm Important Too! I'm Important Too! I'm Important Too! Information Gathering; A Dark Descent.... [Mission] Empty
    You must have rolled a lot of dice...

Lineage : Wrath of The NPC
    Origin : Admin Panel
    Sacred Shards : ?
    Class : ?
    Level : ?
    Experience : ?

Information Gathering; A Dark Descent.... [Mission] Empty Re: Information Gathering; A Dark Descent.... [Mission]

Post by NPC Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:28 pm

The member 'Zinnia' has done the following action : Dices roll

'Monster Dice' :
    Information Gathering; A Dark Descent.... [Mission] 314za6v
    Zinnia
    Zinnia
    Magikarp VIP

The Cringy

Character Sheet

Post by Zinnia Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:29 am

Zinnia continued her search, her ears perked eyes narrowed, body on alert. She didn't know what to expect from the fairies, were she to run into them. Despite having temporarily been in possession of the man's monster hunting book, she had never thought to ask him any key details about the little buggers. She was beginning to regret her decision to do this. She had no idea what their weaknesses were, nor their strengths. Knowing both would have significantly helped her out, were they to turn out to be dangerous.

It wasn't like Zinnia to let her guard down. But really, fairies? The wolf highly doubted a fairy could do much damage. At least the image of fairies she had in her mind. They were suppose to be tiny, after all. The wolf couldn't understand why this was something the doctor couldn't do himself. But it wasn't any of her business to question what her employers did, she just did it. Ask questions later, and try to not get herself killed in the process. And sometimes, depending on who it was she was working for, it was easier to simply not ask questions....

Her trek would soon lead her to a much denser part of the forest, where she really had to dig through the underbrush and floral growth to get anywhere. The bushes and plants reached about a foot tall, maybe two in some places. The trees themselves were also close together, each tree being no farther than ten, maybe twenty, feet apart.

Not to mention the closeness caused for very little light to trickle in. It was almost like dusk, except for the fact it was suppose to be midday. Regardless, Zinnia was used to this. She was a wolf, after all. She had lived in the forest for most of her life. She was more adapted to living and surviving here than most places she had been. She wasn't deterred by any of it, and would keep a steady pace of about 12 mph.

The path she was taking was likely almost never tread by humans, aside from when they wanted to hunt or something along those lines. As she would jog, she would begin to notice that the terrain she was treading was starting to get more and more uphill. Nothing too extreme, but she could definitely tell the incline.

A soft breeze that had managed to make its way through the branches would brush up against her, a brief relief from the heat. The wind was blowing south, beating against Zinnia's left side. She lifted her head, keeping careful attention for any unusual smells that happened to blow in on the breeze. Nothing quite unusual. Yet.

But her pace would soon be halted, when she felt something painful hit her side, causing her to be buffeted a bit to the left. She winced, immediately halting her pace. The attack had been on her right. Her body grew tense once more, and she immediately spun around, hoping to pinpoint the source of the attack. Not before she quickly glanced back to check the damage.

Her pelt looked a bit scorched, and there was blood dripping from the wound. It had made home with her haunches, and she let out a soft growl of pain. No bramble had done that.

She went back to searching the forest, her eyes darting from tree to tree, trying to pinpoint the assailant. Her mouth would twist into a low growl, hunching down low to the ground, to hopefully conceal herself with the leaves that surrounded her. Her ears perked up, eyes narrowed, body ready to move at a moment's notice.

Something blue flashed in the corner of her vision, and quickly, she lifted herself up, narrowly avoiding another small blast of fire from behind the trees. It would shoot by her tail, sparkling into the underbrush. However, oddly enough, the fire didn't light the bushes. It must have some kind of magical origin. Well, obviously, but it must be designed not to harm nature. Or something like that. Zinnia honestly couldn't be bothered thinking about it. She was under attack, after all.

The flash of blue quickly vanished, causing Zinnia to growl, frustrated. If she charged in, she might get herself injured again.

Then an idea came to mind. Whatever was attacking her was using fire. So all she needed to do was use a little bit of her poison, heat up the area and make her surrounding opponents breath it in. She just needed to wait for another blast, so she could get an idea of how far away they were.

And she didn't need to wait long. Soon enough, two more blasts of fire shot out of the darkness. One behind her, and another to her right.

Shit.

She hadn't been expecting more than one. She managed to throw herself to the left, missing the first one, but the one behind her grazed her tail, making her let out a cry of pain. Quickly, she tucked her tail beneath her legs, hissing angrily. Bastards had another thing coming if they thought she would remain quiet while they shot at her.

Within seconds, a thick, green gas began to form around her. It didn't take long before the gas had covered up to 5 meters. After a couple seconds, she began to hear coughing. Grand, now she could make her move.

----

Health: 86%
    MP: 90%

Name: Wolf's Breath
    Description: The gas will usually form from chemicals in the ground, as she can cause a chemical reaction that restores them into a thick, green gas. Forms instantly.
    Strengths:
    ● The spell can be sustained at half the cost, allowing the gas grow thicker with each post it is sustained.
    ● Can cause effects when inhaled. Gets stronger the closer she is.
     -1st post, will cause headaches.
     -2nd post, will cause nausea.
     -3rd post, will cause confusion.
     -4th post, will cause dizziness.
     -5th post, will cause vomiting.
    -6th post, will cause choking.
    -7th post, will cause loss of sight temporarily.
    ● When fused or around fire, there is a chance the gas will start heating up, warming the area around it. Not enough to cause burns or deal any damage, but enough to make it uncomfortable.
    ● Gas can also spread out to at least a 15 meter radius around her.
    Weaknesses:
    ● It doesn't do well in the cold, and will actually work slower in the cold.
    ● The gas can also not go in water, so she cannot use this attack in the water, leaving her vulnerable.
    ● Deals no damage.
    ● Another thing to note is that the gas won't effect other creatures that produce poison, or at least won't effect them as drastically.
    ● Gas is defenseless against creatures that wield guns or bows, that can shoot her from a distance.
    Duration: 1 Post
    Cooldown: 5 posts

Last edited by Zinnia on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    NPC
    NPC
    Admin

I'm Important Too! I'm Important Too! I'm Important Too! Information Gathering; A Dark Descent.... [Mission] Empty

Post by NPC Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:29 am

'Monster Dice' :
    Information Gathering; A Dark Descent.... [Mission] 11s35u8
    Zinnia
    Zinnia
    Magikarp VIP

The Cringy

Character Sheet

Post by Zinnia Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:33 pm

As soon as the sickly green smog had been released, and set for a few seconds, several flashes of blue began to appear, quickly rushing off in the opposite direction of the mist. It appeared to be working the way she intended, as the little bastards started coughing. Not only that, but it seemed to significantly slow them down. Before, they had been zipping around recklessly, dodging from tree to tree, impossible to get a good catch of.

Now she was able to spot one, through the branches of a nearby tree. Low and behold, it was none other than a fairy. A bluish fairy in hue, no more than six inches tall. It was holding its head, coughing. Zinnia didn't have much time to get a full grasp of its features before it disappeared behind a tree once more.

She needed to stay close to them, so the mist would have its full effect on the little devils. A soft fizzing sound would resonate behind her, and she turned around to see, surprise surprise, another fairy. A light reddish glow was forming in its mouth.

Zinnia quickly yelped, and decided the best course of action would be to charge. She would be much quicker in eliminating her targets if she were to act faster. After all, she couldn't just wait among the bushes for them to keep firing at her. She had to go towards them.

Quickly, she raced towards the fairy, fast enough to catch it off guard, as it launched its blast of fire at her. With an extra boost thanks to her able to harness what little wind currents lay hidden within the forest, she managed to narrowly dodge the attack, her paws skidding on the dirt, kicking up dust and rocks. The fairy displayed obvious signs of surprise at this, and quickly rushed towards the fleeing fairy.

Thanks to the spark of fire the fairy had launched, the gas was beginning to heat up. The more the fairies launched fire, the more uncomfortable it would get for her assailants. Letting out a howl of adrenaline, Zinnia managed to grasp the fleeing fairy by the foot, hurling her to the ground with a loud smack!

The fairy, dazed and already having a headache, dizzily flapped her wings, confused. Zinnia growled, lifting up her iron clad claws, and striking them into the confused fairy. She let out a scream of agony, pushing against the claws as they raked across her exposed belly. Her ankle, as well, was broken from where Zinnia had bitten in.

That was enough to end the creature's life, leaving it in a bloody heap. But just because one was dead didn't mean it was over. In fact, her ears would immediately perk up at the sound of terrified gasps and murmurs all around her. The sound of shocked fairies, no doubt. All terrified about watching the death of their kin.

A loud screech suddenly emerged from the trees, as several, much smaller fairies zipped out. Zinnia couldn't tell how many, but they were all pissed, and all emitting loud screams of fury. They started to peskily fly around Zinnia, mostly around her face. Zinnia howled in surprise, taking a cautious step back. Some of them pulled at her fur. Others angrily hit her snout. None of it hurt, but it sure as hell was annoying.

She let out an agitated howl, managing to catch one of the rampaging fairies in her jaw, hurling them to the ground. Quickly, she'd smash it with her claws, hearing nothing but a loud squeak, and then silence.

The smaller fairies were already showing signs of headaches, as their punches and pulls were a lot softer that when they had initially charged Zinnia. But this didn't give Zinnia an easy time, either. Rather, she was hard pressed, as three of the violent, fire throwing fairies emerged from the nearby trees, two about five feet away, and the third roughly 12 feet away. They flew about two feet above the ground, firing blast at Zinnia while she was distracted.

The wolf hissed, stepping back to avoid the attacks. One grazed her snout as she made refuge behind a nearby tree, but she managed to dodge the other two blasts. She whimpered in pain, using her paw to gently touch her scorched snout, wincing upon feeling the singed fur. She winced, but she didn't have much time to recover.

Soon enough, the smaller fairies were back at her throat, no doubt the larger ones following in quick pursuit. But Zinnia wasn't one to sit idly by and wait for the fairies to get the jump on her. Quickly, she'd launch herself out from behind the tree.

This surprised one of the nearer fairies, as she clamped her jaw tightly around their legs. She howled in pain and fear, struggling violently against the wolf's maw. The smaller fairies screamed in terror at their superior being torn apart, and rushed to save her, though not to much avail.

Zinnia next hurled the fairy at the tree, hitting it with a smack, and raked her bloodied metal claws against the limp body, leaving bloody scratch marks across the tree. The green mist, meanwhile, was beginning to get uncomfortably hot from the various fiery attacks. Zinnia herself wasn't much bothered, but the tiny fairies around her were, panting, their pace having slowed from an annoying zipping flying about at a speed Zinnia could barely register, to now more of a tired, sluggish speed.

But her assailants, the stronger, fire breathing fairies, were quick on their wings, and soon spun around the tree, hissing. Their mouths lit up with fire. The one who had been closer managed to zip by, shooting a tiny blast of fire straight at Zinnia's chest, causing her to howl, and reel back. But when the second fairy zipped past, she snagged him in her jaws, hurling him to the ground, and putting her razor sharp claws through his chest.

Zinnia suddenly would start running, rushing in between trees. The headache-ridden fairies began to rush after her. Zinnia then ducked down, dropping into the underbrush, lifting herself up onto her hindquarters, and scratching two smaller fairies beneath her claws, crushing them to the ground. The larger fairy, meanwhile, had gotten quite uncomfortable, and had a bit of nausea from the heat infused gas, and had trouble veering up to avoid Zinnia.

The wolf howled, falling back to her paws, and using her wind currents to her advantage, quickly leaping up, and slashing the fairy right out of the sky, sending her plummeting to the ground.

One lone, magicless fairy remained, staring wide eyes at the aggressive wolf. No way did she want to face that. She let out a terrified squeak, flying off in the opposite direction. She fearfully held her hands together, not wanting to be mauled by a giant wolf.

Unfortunately, she was stopped by her superior, the remaining drake, who reminded her what they were fighting for. The fairy watched in horror as the drake dove back into battle, letting out a ear splitting screech, screaming about how his kin would not die in vain. His mouth began to light up, fire emitting from within.

Zinnia had been watching the remaining pesky fairy flee, and had been about to follow it when the older one came out of nowhere, briefly stopping to do what it seemed was talk. Zinnia used this as her advantage to rush the fairy head on, immediately skidding to a halt once she got close, sliding across the forest floor to end up on the side of the larger fairy as it launched its fiery blast.

Her metal claws then made quick work of him, smashing him into the ground and mauling him to death, much as his brothers and sisters met the same fate.

The young fairy was paralyzed, watching as the wolf would claw her superior. She shivered in fear, but couldn't move. The gas was nauseating, and making her sick. Not to mention how terrible hot it had gotten. Like a blistering summer, she was beginning to sweat. Her eyes briefly locked with the wolf's.

Within moments, Zinnia had ripped the fairy from where she hovered, smashing her to the ground, and finishing her with a final blow. There Zinnia stood, panting, tail low. She remained still, quiet, perhaps regaining her stamina. After about a minute of silence, she deemed that either they were still in hiding, or she had gotten rid of all the ones in this area.

Her flank lowering, and body becoming more relaxed, Zinnia began to go around, collecting the wings of the fallen fairies, and stashing them in a small satchel the doctor had given her to carry them in before she left.

Fairies Defeated: 10
    Fairies Remaining: 0/10

-The she wolf possesses the ability to sense the air currents, and can ride on the ones lowest to the ground, giving her a speed boost of +5.

Health: 73%
    MP: 85%

Description: The gas will usually form from chemicals in the ground, as she can cause a chemical reaction that restores them into a thick, green gas. Forms instantly.
    Strengths:
    ● The spell can be sustained at half the cost, allowing the gas grow thicker with each post it is sustained.
    ● When fused or around fire, there is a chance the gas will start heating up, warming the area around it. Not enough to cause burns or deal any damage, but enough to make it uncomfortable.
    Weaknesses:
    ● The gas can also not go in water, so she cannot use this attack in the water, leaving her vulnerable.
    ● Deals no damage.
    ● Another thing to note is that the gas won't effect other creatures that produce poison, or at least won't effect them as drastically.
    ● Gas is defenseless against creatures that wield guns or bows, that can shoot her from a distance.

Name: Stained Poison Claws
    Type: Weapon
    Description:
    They have a slight, greenish hint, and are more wolf-like in shape. They are also a bit more worn from years of use, and are a bit light in color.
    Strengths:
    -They are stained with poison, as the name suggests, and can cause serious damage if they touch you, and even more serious damage if it gets in your blood stream.
    -The poison is a neurotoxin, so it effects the nerves and the brain, causing hallucinations.
    Weaknesses:
    -The claws are only as strong as Zinnia's claws, if just a little sharper, so it cannot cut through anything, like, say, as hard as rock, or with very strong scales, or shells. Her claws are about strong enough to tear through human skin/animal skin and flesh.
    -The claws are old, and, like anything made of iron, will rust if put underwater, and may even break.
    -No range
    -Hard to take on and off
    Ability: As mentioned above, the claws are not only used for protection, but they are also incredibly dangerous. If they scratch someone, or touch someone, they can infect you. This poison can cause headaches and nausea. If scratched, and the poison actually enters the bloodstream, it can cause effects much worst, such as hallucinations. Other side effects have also been recorded.
    NPC
    NPC
    Admin

Post by NPC Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:33 pm

'Monster Dice' :
    Information Gathering; A Dark Descent.... [Mission] 2ewz4at Information Gathering; A Dark Descent.... [Mission] 2ewz4at Information Gathering; A Dark Descent.... [Mission] 8wbmkm
    Zinnia
    Zinnia
    Magikarp VIP

The Cringy

Character Sheet

Post by Zinnia Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:12 am

After that attack, Zinnia knew there must be more somewhere close. She lifted her head, tasting the air around her. Now that she knew what the fairies smelled like, it would be much easier to catch their scent and begin following it. All she had to do was keep her eyes peeled. One thing she had discovered through running through these woods were that dense woodland and small, fast creatures did not mix.

For a moment, Zinnia wasn't sure whether to keep up her green smog, or to stop the spell. On one hand, stopping the spell wouldn't reveal her location to the fairies. On the other, it seemed the mist had significantly slowed them down. She wasn't entirely sure how she would have fared against them if they were at full speed.

So after a bit of thinking, Zinnia decided to leave the mist be. It was better to be safe than sorry. It was also good for her because the heated up poison mist was only just starting to go back to room temperature. If she left it alone, it would still be warm and uncomfortable for another five minutes or so, give or take.

And so Zinnia started off, determined to find the rest of the pesky pixies. However, in order to help her locate them, she was going to use her scent enhancement. Suddenly, a whole extra world of smells went around her. She paused for a moment, taking it all in. It allowed her to smell anything within a 40 meter radius.

Surely enough, this seemed to help, as suddenly, various smells came to her. Smells of the fairies. Grinning, she'd make her way towards the smell's location, silently moving across the forest floor like a ghost.

The pathway lead her across the terrain to a steep decline, which trailed off into the woods and met a small stream. She judged the decline, wondering if it would be safe to follow. Carefully, she dug her claws into the ground, helping to get balance, and slowly made her descent. Something snagged her ankle, but it felt more like bramble than a fairy.

After making her way through the dense bushes and to the stream, she dropped to her stomach. Now that she was up close, she could clearly see that there were several fairies hovering by the stream. Most of them were the small, bothersome ones she had run into back at the bushy clearing. But there were also several, slightly larger ones buzzing about. Their wings were like that of hawks, and they looked much more deadly than the little nymphs.

Zinnia's hiding spot was roughly 5 to 6 meters away from where the fairies were, and thus, they began to be effected by the green gas. They quickly began to realize something was amiss.

But Zinnia had been sustaining the spell for a while, so it was much stronger than when she first summoned it. Many of the smaller fairies began running into each other in confusion, attempting to figure out what was wrong. Others looked plain sick. With the fairies slowed down, Zinnia could tell there were about 15, give or take a few.

A small growl would grow in her throat. The smaller fairies weren't a concern. It was the larger ones she needed to worry about, no doubt.

Suddenly, a small vine began to snake through the bushes, slashing across one of the larger fairy's back. The fairy let out a shrill screech of pain, and fell to the ground. The other fairies, surprised by what had happened, when to go look, all letting out shrill sounds of confusion.

Zinnia took this temporary confusion to her advantage, bursting forth from her hiding spot, rearing up, and slashing two of the larger fairies across the back, sending them crashing down with a smack. There they lay limp, while the other fairies made shocked screams, attempting to rush out of immediate vicinity. However, Zinnia was prepared for that, as another vine shot out of the ground, scratching one sylph's back, and causing it to fall limp to the ground.

The remaining sylph hovered, awestruck. It snapped out of its haze, and aimed a well placed razor wind attack at Zinnia. But considering her element, this was actually to her advantage. She used her abilities to control the little wind that bled through the forest, managing to dodge the attack, but also make it dissipate.

Soon, roughly a dozen or so fairies were up in her face. She growled, howling, shaking her head back and forth with animalistic anger. The tiny fairies weren't at full speed, because of the nausea, and simply ran into each other, or started to hold their stomach, queasy.

Zinnia took this to her advantage, biting down on one unfortunate fairy, and hurling them to the ground, smashing them with her claws. She then let another one meet the same fate.

It wasn't long before the hawk winged fairy was preparing itself for another attack. Now that Zinnia was distracted with the various young nymphs, the fairy wouldn't have a problem getting in close to deal damage, and it would also make Zinnia dodging much more difficult.

The fairy swept in, screaming, shooting another blast down at Zinnia. She howled in rebellion as the blast cut through the fur of her side. She could feel the blood as it dripped down her fur, and she winced, growling. She began to shake herself wildly, much like a wet dog would do to get dry. She then bit down on two more fairies, hurling them to the ground, and clawing them in as well, before finally swiping her paws through the air, managing to catch another off guard. She then took off, howling.

This alerted the attention of the hawk winged fairy, as she watched her brethren fall beneath the wolf. Now absolutely furious, she charged, full throttle, at the wolf again. Zinnia went around a bush, and the fairy followed after her. A vine, however, suddenly split through, slashing the fairy across the chest. She was practically thrown to the ground, where she remained limp.

The five remaining fairies hadn't seen this, though, as they had been too busy with Zinnia to take notice of it. Zinnia grinned, satisfied she had been able to fell the most troublesome ones.

Health: 67%
    MP: 70%

Fairies Killed: 20/40
    Fairies Remaining: 5/15

Abilities Used:

-The she wolf possesses the ability to sense the air currents, and can ride on the ones lowest to the ground, giving her a speed boost of +5.

- Sense Enhancement: Once per post, Zinnia can select one of her senses and strengthen them for the span of 1 to 2 posts. No two senses can be increased at the same time. The following are the effects:
    ● Hearing : Zinna can hear everything within a certain distance. (x3 her level in meters.)
    ● Sight (Night) : Zinnia can see up to in the dark clearly. (x2 Her level in meters)
    ● Sight (Day) : Zinnia can pick up all subtle movements from her location. Allowing her to pick up on even the slightest of movements. (x8 her level in meters )
    ● Touch : By touching something, she is able to feel vibrations to sense objects in a certain vicinity. (x2 Her level in meters) [Only if the target is moving]
    ● Smell : She can smell out all things. However this makes her more susceptible to all smells. (x4 Her level in meters)

Name: Plant Manipulation
    Description: She is able to control a single vine within a ten meter area, that can cut those around her, dealing damage.
    Strengths:

Vine summoned to strangle have thorns, and can cause small cuts.
    Can grab food and items, and slap people. Goes 5m/s.

Weaknesses:

Fire is 2x more effective against destroying the vines.
    They don't work against heavy armor.
    Can't grab people.

Duration: 2
    Cooldown: 3

Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    ● Deals no damage.

Name: Stained Poison Claws
    Type: Weapon
    Description:
    They have a slight, greenish hint, and are more wolf-like in shape. They are also a bit more worn from years of use, and are a bit light in color.
    Strengths:
    -They are stained with poison, as the name suggests, and can cause serious damage if they touch you, and even more serious damage if it gets in your blood stream.
    -The poison is a neurotoxin, so it effects the nerves and the brain, causing hallucinations.
    Weaknesses:
    -The claws are only as strong as Zinnia's claws, if just a little sharper, so it cannot cut through anything, like, say, as hard as rock, or with very strong scales, or shells. Her claws are about strong enough to tear through human skin/animal skin and flesh.
    -The claws are old, and, like anything made of iron, will rust if put underwater, and may even break.
    -No range
    -Hard to take on and off
    Ability: As mentioned above, the claws are not only used for protection, but they are also incredibly dangerous. If they scratch someone, or touch someone, they can infect you. This poison can cause headaches and nausea. If scratched, and the poison actually enters the bloodstream, it can cause effects much worst, such as hallucinations. Other side effects have also been recorded.
    NPC
    NPC
    Admin

Post by NPC Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:12 am

'Monster Dice' :
    Information Gathering; A Dark Descent.... [Mission] 29b0r53

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:17 pm