Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Unknown Lands

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! Your last visit was . You have made 118 posts! Please welcome our newest member, Amaihana!

Do Demons Have a Conscience?(open)

Shane
    Shane
    Sakura VIP

LET IT BURN! The Water Within I'm Important Too! Do Demons Have a Conscience?(open) Empty
    The Elemental

Lineage : The Forgesmith
    Position : None
    Origin : De Fiore
    Sacred Shards : 24
    Class : C
    Level : 68
    Experience : 56125

Character Sheet
    Character Name: Shane Mystic
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Primary Magic: Runic Release

Do Demons Have a Conscience?(open) Empty Do Demons Have a Conscience?(open)

Post by Shane Sat May 13, 2017 9:24 pm

The small demon glanced around as he entered the city of hearts, which was the city Majestic Majesty owned. He had never had the chance to visit it, but it seemed to be an interesting place, one he wanted to explore furthur. There was quite a bit to see, as the city was huge, and he had no clue what he should do first. He reluctantly looked at the few buildings that were on the outskirts of the city, where he was, but none seemed too interesting. With a sigh, he moved deeper into the city.
    Thomas
    Thomas

LET IT BURN! Do Demons Have a Conscience?(open) Empty
    The Demon Elf

Lineage : Half Saiyan
    Origin : Urban City
    Sacred Shards : 0
    Class : F
    Level : 3
    Experience : 50

Do Demons Have a Conscience?(open) Empty Re: Do Demons Have a Conscience?(open)

Post by Thomas Sun May 14, 2017 2:10 pm

He sat rested on a bench as he stared into the colored sky. He often wondered how light seeped into this world and how the suns and moons lived a life of their own. It was like being on a whole different planet, only that the world itself was more or less on the same plane of existence. It was a single place suspended in time. He knew the stories, the reasons, the gods.

But still he sat, shirtless, eyes closed and absorbing the world. He would enjoy the silence, for however long it lasted.
    Shane
    Shane
    Sakura VIP

LET IT BURN! The Water Within I'm Important Too! Do Demons Have a Conscience?(open) Empty
    The Elemental

Character Sheet

Post by Shane Thu May 18, 2017 5:13 pm

Shane was lost in thought as he wandered the city, recalling his bar encounter with Yukina. The woman secretly terrified him, though he slightly regretted not taking her offer to find him a "toy" to play with. Dimly, he wondered what sex was like. That was one experience the half demon had never had in his many years, sex. He had been offered to have it a few times, but he had always declined. He was so deeply lost in his own thoughts as he wandered, he didn't even notice the bench until he crashed right into it. Shaken out of his train of thought, he groaned, now aching from the impact. There was a shirtless man sitting there, but Shane ignored him for the moment, sitting down on the other end of the bench and inspecting himself for injuries. There were none but some bruises on his shins and a scrape on his wrist. Sighing in relief, he sat back on the bench.
    Thomas
    Thomas

The Demon Elf

Post by Thomas Fri May 19, 2017 4:26 pm

His peaceful escape from his own reality would be cast aside as a man crashed into the bench he rested on. It was just his luck, he was never really allowed a silent second, there was always someone to disturb him. He would open his eyes for the moment to look at the man, he seemed simple and young. He was angry at his own self no doubt at his foolishness of not looking before him.

"A child, no matter." he would think to himself. Again he would return to his thought. As the boy ignored him, he would have no problem with doing the same. He would let out a quick and light laugh followed by a drawn out exhale that would sound like a sigh of relief. Perhaps it was.

He was never someone so easy to understand.
    Shane
    Shane
    Sakura VIP

The Elemental

Character Sheet

Post by Shane Fri May 19, 2017 8:50 pm

Shane heard the laughter if the man next to him and looked up from his inspection out of curiosity. Why was this man laughing? Was it because Shane had fallen? Be a use he hasn't been paying attention? As he thought about it, he turned to the man and finally spoke. "Why do you laugh? Has it something to do with my falling over the bench?" He asked as he looked over the bare-chested man, blushing because he wasn't used to seeing half naked men. He avoided looking down at the man's bare chest, instead focusing on his face. This man was no doubt thinking of him as a child, though in truth he was far older than any mortal. Shane waited patiently for a response, eyes slightly narrowed as he tugged uncomfortably at his collar.
    Thomas
    Thomas

The Demon Elf

Post by Thomas Fri May 19, 2017 9:30 pm

"Because of the world we live in." he would answer, still staring at the sky. He knew better though. To speak like that, was begging for a explanation.

"A world carefree. Where you can walk absent minded" He laugh again, his eyes closed still, facing the sky. It amused him to know that people could be happy in a world they knew nothing about. With the age of time wearing down Thomas' back, there was a moment waiting for him to be lost to it. But he was a Viri, and as it would be, he would live a long time.

But soon, he would find his reason again.

Soon.
    Shane
    Shane
    Sakura VIP

The Elemental

Character Sheet

Post by Shane Sat May 20, 2017 5:26 pm

Shane did not say anything else as he contemplated the man's response. A world where one could walk absent-minded, huh? Well that was certainly true. This world was blessed in the fact that it never truly saw war. Humans themselves were blessed, the vast majority of them never knowing true fear, or pain, or hunger.

"I cannot argue it is a world carefree. Or that one can walk absent-minded here. Humans are lucky, to be so unaware of what true pain, or true fear, is. They live their peaceful life's, unaware of real hardship. It is indeed a carefree world. On the surface at least."

With this, the demon scooted closer to the other man, wanting to observe his next response more closely. From what he said, it was clear that, like Shane, he was not human. Shane was curious about this man, he was different from anybody Shane had ever met.
    Thomas
    Thomas

The Demon Elf

Post by Thomas Sat May 20, 2017 6:00 pm

"Hm?"

He could feel the boy get closer to him. Was it curiosity or another form of interest? It didn't matter, his time was overstayed. He would lean forward and rise up from the bench, his eyes opening slowly to watch the world. His amber irises would stare into the boy's face for a moment.

"Being human does not mean anything in Pandora." he would speak, "You are either mortal, or spirit. But even so, our fate has been defined." he would smile before standing up, quite unsure of where to go. The boy was on the creepy side, but still, he was interesting in his own way.
    Shane
    Shane
    Sakura VIP

The Elemental

Character Sheet

Post by Shane Sat May 20, 2017 6:07 pm

The Demon's eyes narrowed as the man stood up. "Please, don't leave... you intrigue me a fair bit. You seem so much different from anybody else I've met before..." he trailed off as he spoke, hoping these words would get his point across. This man did intrigue him, and he wanted to know more about him. Shane himself stood up with this, his wings subconsciously beginning to show themselves. Though he was indeed not going full demon, the black-feathered wings would show up, black as night, and soft as could be. They matched his hair, and contrasted startlingly with those bright green eyes of his as he approached the man once more.
    Thomas
    Thomas

The Demon Elf

Post by Thomas Sat May 20, 2017 7:15 pm

"Hm?" he would look at the boy questionably. What was his motive? Did he know who Thomas was? Perhaps he was a lost mortal. He had his duty to at least show the world, at least the gist of the world.

"I take it you don't talk to other people often, do you?" He asked, curious and genuine. "Wings are just another feature. It means nothing to have relics or artifacts, scars or tattoos or jewels and money if you don't know the land."

But something was different.

But what was it?
    Shane
    Shane
    Sakura VIP

The Elemental

Character Sheet

Post by Shane Sat May 20, 2017 7:24 pm

"Me? God no. I don't speak often to other people, nor do they wish to speak to a filthy half breed like myself. I am shunned by both demons and humans, despite having both human and demon blood. As for my wings? They tend to come out at random, I cannot control my demonic side very well I'm afraid."

As the boy stopped in front of the older man, something seemed to click. This man was certainly different, as Shane had suspected, but it was confirmed when his senses overwhelmingly screamed "DIFFERENT!" at him. This man was intriguing... Shane could only hope he would allow him to stay for a while.
    Thomas
    Thomas

The Demon Elf

Post by Thomas Sun May 21, 2017 2:36 pm

"If you cannot change your outlook on the world, the world will not change either." He would speak, only to have the boy run in front of him. Was there a reason to be stopped other than loneliness? Perhaps. What was his motive? What was he really missing?

"Why are you choosing to tell me this?" he would ask, "You don't know the name of this world, much less my first name." He was intrigued, sure, just as anyone would be of a beggar. Origin stories were always interesting, even when they were predictable. But even he had things to do.

A moment's time wouldn't hurt him any more than the conservation at hand. At least, for now.
    Shane
    Shane
    Sakura VIP

The Elemental

Character Sheet

Post by Shane Sun May 21, 2017 4:43 pm

"Why am I telling you this? Well you... you seem different from the others. Any normal person would either run, spit on me, or try to manipulate me, yet you did none of these things. I may not know much about this world, or you, but I at least know when a person is different from those who seek to use or abuse my kind. You did not once look at me with greed, or disgust. A person like that, I will choose to trust."

As Shane finished his small speech, he tilted his head at the other male, genuinely curious as to what his response would be. All he had said was true, and he had certainly meant it all. As if proof of this, his wings took on a more solid form than before, gleaming black feathers dragging on the ground, on some areas. When folded, those wings were large enough that they dragged on the ground.
    Thomas
    Thomas

The Demon Elf

Post by Thomas Sun May 21, 2017 4:50 pm

"You're but a young child-" he would speak, reaching out to lay his hand on the demon's head. He knew very well what stood before him. ". . . In the eyes of Pandora." Thomas was curious as to why he was chosen to be imprinted upon, but his new role of a guide was long decided. There would be no waving unless a threat was encountered.

It was his job.

"If all mortals of this realm were as trusting as you, perhaps our wars would cease." he would say, "But even so, some of our people still hold slaves, other angels and demons slay for entertainment." He would look into the face of the boy, curious to see what would lay behind his gaze.

"What adventures have you been on, in Pandora?" he was curious, but there was someone even Thomas needed to find . . .
    Shane
    Shane
    Sakura VIP

The Elemental

Character Sheet

Post by Shane Sun May 21, 2017 5:28 pm

"I may be young for one of my kind, but age does not cloud judgement for me. I am 165 years old. Double a human life-span, at least. I trust people who do not seem to manipulate me in any way. I do not trust many people, you know, for as you say, our kinds keep slaves, or kill for their own amusement. In fact, I was once forced to be like that..."

Trailing off, he could feel the warmth of the older man's hand resting atop his head. It was comforting for some reason, and acting on instinct the tiny boy leaned into the touch slightly. He couldn't help it even if he wanted to. Normally, he would be wary of all but his best friend touching him, yet for a reason as of yet unknown he knew this man wasn't going to hurt him.
    Thomas
    Thomas

The Demon Elf

Post by Thomas Sun May 21, 2017 5:45 pm

"And I am Viri." he would answer, "Triple the life of humans, only to be born again when my time is served." Thomas would add on. Perhaps now was the perfect time for him to speak. He seemed docile and cooperative. Was he truly as lost as he made himself out to be?

"You are all outsiders here. he would add to his short tale, "My people were born here, as with the Bludluzt. I've seen plenty of your kind in my lifetimes. I've seen kind demons and evil angels. It matters not of your physical form, but the soul that resides in you."

He spoke, thinking only of Nissa. She was an assassin, a barbaric one at that. She fed into her family's slave trade. It was her given job, perhaps one day she would be enlightened and given a better path. Perhaps the fate of the Drax would be changed one day.

"From the Argonia House, I am not allowed to lie. As such, my words will always fall true."Thomas spoke with a smile, ruffling the hair of the boy before removing his hand. "You are in the world between life and death. Mortals call it purgatory, the natives call it Pandora. I call it home."
    Shane
    Shane
    Sakura VIP

The Elemental

Character Sheet

Post by Shane Sun May 21, 2017 6:00 pm

As the bigger man's hand ruffled his hair, he could feel the heat riding in his face. He was blushing very brightly now, his wings now in a fully physical form. The next stage of his demonic transformation was upon him, though as of yet he still wasn't going to fully transform. He felt his eyes changing, from vibrant green to twisted red and black orbs that seemed to bore into whatever he stared at. Some black substance would trickle down from the right eye as if it were a tear, but it was a byproduct of his eyes changing. The man removed his hand, and almost instantly Shane missed the touch. As the man spoke, he nodded.

"I always knew this was not a normal place. It is indeed not life, nor death, but in between. I suspected as much, in all honesty. This world is where I was born, however, born to a human mother and a demon father. This is the only home I have ever known. And it will continue to be, I find."
    Thomas
    Thomas

The Demon Elf

Post by Thomas Sun May 21, 2017 6:04 pm

"As it continues to be." he would talk, watching the changing before him, paying no mind to any difference. "No one knows how long it has been since the mortals were taken into this world. I know only that Kaseki has reigned for the past era, while Hades ruled eons prior." he continued to speak, wondering what other truths were unknown to him.

"How much do you know about the kingdoms?" he asked, "Most only know of the world their home resides. Few learn of the other villages, towns and cities. Few."
    Shane
    Shane
    Sakura VIP

The Elemental

Character Sheet

Post by Shane Sun May 21, 2017 6:19 pm

"We should not linger. People are beginning to stare at us. But in answer to your question, I know only Fiore, mainly the ruins of Magnolia, and Oak town. I am actually part of the guild that owns this city, though this is my first time being here." Was his quick response. But, knowing prying eyes would only continue to watch them, he had to find a more private spot, and quickly. He grabbed the older man by the hand, leading him towards the first public building he saw, which happened to he a hotel. They would be able to converse more privately in the lobby there. Nobody would linger in a hotel lobby this late at night. As they entered the building, the curious gazes would no longer be felt boring into them, and they would be able to talk more freely.

"My apologies. But I had to do something to get us out of the way of prying eyes. You never know who may be watching, after all." He would say, the red and black orbs that were his eyes fixed in the other man even now.
    Thomas
    Thomas

The Demon Elf

Post by Thomas Sun May 21, 2017 8:24 pm

He absolutely despised when people put his hands on him. But for the moment, to put the boy at ease, he would allow it, no matter how much he detested it. He would be taken to a lobby of a hotel where there conversation would continue once more.

"People will always stare." Thomas would speak, his tone slightly changed. "It matters not if you do good or bad. People will always find a reason to look down on what they don't have, or don't understand."
    Shane
    Shane
    Sakura VIP

The Elemental

Character Sheet

Post by Shane Mon May 22, 2017 12:03 pm

Shane let go of the man as he spoke, nodding. "I suppose that is true. But I don't believe crowds are a good thing for me right now, crowds tend to gang up on me too often for my comfort." He said. He had noticed the change in tone, and though he raised his eyebrows, he said nothing. Biting his lip, he searched for an appropriate topic of conversation, trying to steer the topic away from crowds and the things they did. He couldn't think of anything, unfortunately, and stood there staring at the man in awkward silence.
    Thomas
    Thomas

The Demon Elf

Post by Thomas Mon May 22, 2017 4:17 pm

"Yet you belong to the organization that owns this city?" Thomas asked. Something felt off, felt wrong. Where was the truth? What was missing from this tale?

He was a Viri, a bloodline that was on equal grounds to the guards that served Kaseki directly. He was nothing more than a god's puppet made to do as was designed. When his purpose was served he would die and be reborn with a new purpose. The better he obeyed, the better life he was given. But it was by Kaseki that most of these ties were severed. He gave them a vague rule to follow, and left much to choice.

How could they live with freedom when all they knew was being loyal, and royal subjects?

"Perhaps I should have introduced myself sooner. I am Thomas Argonia."
    Shane
    Shane
    Sakura VIP

The Elemental

Character Sheet

Post by Shane Mon May 22, 2017 5:21 pm

The small demon nodded sadly as the man asked the question. No. Thomas, he introduced himself. "I'm afraid I am part of the organization that owns the city, that does not mean I will be respected here just because we own the city, however. And my name is Shane. Shane Mystic, member of Majestic Majesty and wielder of ancient runes." Shane stepped forwards, offering a hand, but as he did so he tripped over the ends of his wings, and began to fall.
    Thomas
    Thomas

The Demon Elf

Post by Thomas Mon May 22, 2017 7:03 pm

He would watch him step onto himself as he extended his hand to Thomas. He would waste no time.

He would reach out with his right hand to meet Shane's as he would normally. His left hand would reach to the boy's shoulder to prop him up. As he did so he knelled to ensure he did not harm himself. It was a strange day, indeed, but he did not want to end it on such an odd note. His right knee would be parallel to the ground as his left knee kissed the floor.

"Careful." he would say, "Perhaps you should rest for the day. It has been quiet long for you, no?"
    Shane
    Shane
    Sakura VIP

The Elemental

Character Sheet

Post by Shane Mon May 22, 2017 7:13 pm

As he was propped up in this awkward position, Shane blushed very intensely, aware of how compromising the position was. He was frozen in place, blushing madly. "I do not often sleep, or rest, my kind don't always need the rest humans and such need. But I guess just lazing around in a bed for a few hours wouldn't be bad..." he trailed off, trying to force his frozen limbs to work. He couldn't move, however, and ended up just staring at Thomas with a bright red face.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content