Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Unknown Lands

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! Your last visit was . You have made 118 posts! Please welcome our newest member, Amaihana!

Reminiscence [PRIVATE, Sly's D - C exam, Skylar]

Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

I Need A Medic! Gravestone THIS IS MADNESS! The Giving Tree

Lineage : The Forgesmith
    Position : None
    Origin : Urban City
    Sacred Shards : 2
    Class : C
    Level : 11
    Experience : 505

Reminiscence [PRIVATE, Sly's D - C exam, Skylar] Empty Reminiscence [PRIVATE, Sly's D - C exam, Skylar]

Post by Sly Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:21 am

Prerequisites:
    - Level 10 / 200 EXP
    - 50 Posts

Exam Information: An examination is usually a test of growth and improvement. Some teachers will go as far as sparring to test their student's strength. Other mentors will watch over their apprentice to see they have improved as a person. Whatever the case may be, the person taking the exam must undergo a change. This will vary from person to person. Some may be a simple as taking a journey into one's soul, while others may have to face a thousand ninja assassins. However, whoever is helping the participant in the thread, may increase difficulty. For a mentor of equal or greater class, the WC is unchanged. For a mentor who is a class below, the WC is doubled. For a mentor who is of the opposing alignment (based on organization relationships) the post count for the student is doubled.

Exam Requirements:
    - 10 Post Minimum (Student)
    - 5 Post Minimum (Mentor)
    - 75 Word Minimum

Note: Mentors are someone of equal or higher Class, and Organization leaders may always mentor the exam, or even give a task to the member in their place.

Cost to Skip Exam:
    - 80,000 Coins

Additional Note: Organization leaders may skip this exam at the cost of 40,000 Coins, or with a thread of 6 posts, no mentor.

He had been travelling a lot during the past few days. Maybe because he was starting to earn a bit of income, even if it was through doing odd jobs and such. It had been only a few days since he left for De Fiore, and with it, he had himself separated from Lexia for the last time. He could not believe it had happened again. Seemed he could not hold onto his promise of a swift return, and all he had to remember her by was the strange orb that she gave him. He had left the dented water flask with her, a memento for her to hold on to in case whatever happens. But there was another reason why he had to set himself out. And away from the wretched confines that was Urban City.

He needed to find his Spirits again. Or find new ones.

One location interested him because of what it was filled with. Wandering ethereal spirits, floating by and humming between branches, flowing gracefully like a ribbon in the wind. He tried to touch one, but his hand would simply phase through. They were gentle spirits of many colours, and small enough to land even on his shoulders. If they were cheeky enough and rode on him across this forest. He read another piece of history on this place. That this realm's true god was born here. But that was it. Mayhap he was a spirit like the rest here.

If Sly had to be honest, he never saw spirits like these. Let alone, those that were visible from the real world. And if he had to be even more honest, he was not sure if he could persuade any of them to join him in the Timepiece. Back in his world, six spirits were already chosen and inhabited in his device. All of them were picked by-

The tree rustled before him, several feel above him. He stiffened. Strange. He thought this place was rather barren of life, and these spirits could not move anything here. It had disturbed some of these critters to jump off the tree and land on the ground around it. He took a step back, left hand resting on his rapier, right to his belt, where his dagger and throwing knives were held. Who's there?

--

Words: 387/100

Last edited by Sly on Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

I Need A Medic! How It's Made The Giving Tree Runs With The Wind
    HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Lineage : Soul of The Storm
    Sacred Shards : 15
    Class : A
    Level : 58
    Experience : 30200

Reminiscence [PRIVATE, Sly's D - C exam, Skylar] Empty Re: Reminiscence [PRIVATE, Sly's D - C exam, Skylar]

Post by Skylar Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:36 pm

Skylar
    Pandora's Phoenix
    A small bird flew past, fluttering away from the bushes, obviously startled by his voice.

"You know, sometimes what you're after isn't what you're gong to get. In fact, quite often, you're going to get something much less- and that is if you're lucky."

Skylar said gently, brushing past a nearby tree behind him. She smiled to him, before coming up to another and slowly, ever so slowly, she leaned back against it, her head tilted to the side. Compared to the previous time which she had met him, he was... Different. Something was amiss and she wasn't able to pick it up instantly. Maybe something was bothering him? But, more importantly, why was he in this sort of area..? Oh, right. She stood up her leaning position, walking over to him.

"So, do you remember why you asked me to come here?" Skylar asked, a small frown pulling onto her face. She knew how she was going to test him, but really, it was going to be a rather... Difficult task for him to do.

176/75 words, posts 1/5
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Reminiscence [PRIVATE, Sly's D - C exam, Skylar] Empty Re: Reminiscence [PRIVATE, Sly's D - C exam, Skylar]

Post by Sly Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:34 pm

Her voice cut through the trees, but it was just as sharp as it was soft. It sounded like it could come from anywhere, but still he was fixated on the rustling tree. If only for a moment until his head whipped to see the familiar woman approach. Skylar. He relaxed a bit, turning to face her. Several spirits hopped and floated about behind and her and in between them.

Sly snorted a little. I have ways to carve out whatever I want. Skylar did not seem to change much from when they last met. Or when they first met. So much had changed back then, from having a weapon to... his business with certain guild in De Fiore. He wondered if Lexia had bumped into Skylar and kept her up to date on their affairs. I asked you out here for training, he spoke and and bowed a little to her, a habit of his to also include an arm across his belly like he had a tower draped over ti. You have my gratitude for sacrificing some of your time.

--

Words: 182/75
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:40 pm

With such formalities out of the way, regardless if it was unneeded or not, it was time he put his attention to whatever Skylar had in mind. He was well prepared if they were to have a spar, grabbing himself the bronze rapier, throwing knives and the clockwork dagger which he still could not figure out how to de-materialise. But he wondered if choosing such a place for a spar was ideal, and if it would disturb any of the spirits in the area.

He recounted what he had done since he found Skylar. Sly was weak then, but now, he was not sure if he had undergone any development with his skills. But it would depend on Skylar. The pressure was on him to impress her, he supposed. Especially since he was supposed to be the one to look after Lexia. Sly gave a bit of shrug, adjusting his legs to stand more comfortably.

So what's the plan?

--

Words: 159/75
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:33 pm

Skylar
    Pandora's Phoenix
    It seemed as though which he actually remembered why he called her there. Good. She nodded, before glancing to the spirits between the pair. He wanted training, and training she was going to give him. With several steps forward, she cleared the ground between the pair, the spirits quickly floating away from them. They slowly began to circle Skylar, and she gave a small, almost devious grin.

But it was after that that her smile failed her, the cheerful expression on her face falling.

"Do yourself a favour, don't hold back from me. I need to see if I actually chose the right person to guard my friend." Her voice seemed cold, black eyes hardened just a little. Thanks to the pair almost being one in front of the other, her left fist came to his right side, a ploy mainly. Her stance had already dropped a little, knees having bent to compensate for what she was trying to do. Right hand was held at the ready, close to her side and balled into a fist.

She knew she could get out of any... Horribly bad situations with relative ease, she just needed to see what he could do.

183/75 words, posts 2/5
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:45 pm

Straight to the point. It was mildly appreciated it, but to a friend of a friend, highly unexpected. Her demeanour changed all of a sudden, wearing the large grin. Like a demon had suddenly possessed her. The spirits in the area reacted to that and, like they were a part of her, they circled her. He was no stranger to that sudden change of expression. Sly had to deal with Lexia doing something similar once, right before the demon that took over her destroyed a sector of a city in his realm.

He drew the rapier first in his right, and dagger to his left. At that moment, he noticed she was to fight him with only fists. In some sort of boxing pose, she had already started her attack, left fist to his right side. Sly spun almost a 90 degree, rolling his right foot behind the other, and turning away from it. He flinched a little. Even with it not hitting him, he could feel the force of the wind behind her strike, as it whipped against shoulder.

--

words: 180/75

Last edited by Sly on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:52 pm

Being this close, his rapier, unless he swung the blade to rest behind his head and lung from his left cheek. But she would have passed by him then and the blade would jab at nothing but air. The solution was simple. To use the knife and attempt to strike her. A strong doubt crossed his mind then. Could he really fight her if she was unequipped to deal with his blades? Even if they were useless, they were equipped to kill than to spar with after all.

His arm speed was slightly hesitant, rolling the knife into a reverse grip and and slashing forward in a horizontal arc. He did not sacrifice any speed, but ensured to pull his arm close to him, the damage he would inflict, if the blade landed true, would only produce a shallow cut. Sly would be somewhat thankful if she blocked in an expected way of either grabbing his wrist, or blocking it with hers. If that happened, he would retaliate immediately with a shove to distance her, then point his rapier as to caution her.

--

Words: 183/75
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:53 am

Skylar
    Pandora's Phoenix
    Her fist missed, but that wasn't that bad. She followed, her right hand opening as both of her palms moved to hit the ground. The reduction in her height allowed for the counterattack to sail harmlessly through the air above her. But she couldn't help her frustration brewing in her chest. How could she pass him if he held back like he was?

"Come on, better than that!" She scolded harshly, before she continued with her action. Maintaining the momentum from her missed hit, she continued the movement around Sly, raising the knee closest to him to crash into the back of his own, just to try and make him move forward.

He should remember that she could heal herself... If he just remembered...

And it was like that that she found another fault in him... Damn. Maybe he wasn't fit to protect that younger and more innocent child.

149/75 words, posts 3/5
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:27 am

His knife failed to connect with anything. It shocked him that with her sort of stance, instead of trying to block, she would opt to duck it. Just as he could absorb her comments, his knee suddenly fell forward. With the air almost knocked from him, he staggered. Until his shoulder hit the tree, keeping him upright on his feet. He shook his head. That was pathetic of him. Even if he could fight, how could he raise a blade at the innocence? Especially if she is a woman?

Oh if Master Horus was here, he would be ashamed of Sly. That this would be far unbecoming of him. Still, he had to prove that he was all the more capable of protecting the one he loved. If Skylar were to be a wall on his path, then so be it. He pushed himself away from the tree, and wiped his cheek with the back of his knife hand.

How should he approach this?

--

Words: 164/75
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:33 am

Without any warning, he pointed the blade to her chest and thrust. The momentum twisted him forward, until his feet were on his battle stance. Slightly bent, his right in front of his left, the later facing outwards at 90 degrees. The standard fencer's pose. He hid his knife hand behind his back, just as he pulled his blade back to recover from his sudden thrust. Should she have dodged either left or right, he would face her, and continued the attack, a step lunge to her with the rapier, then immediately followed with his real attack. The knife, as he would then twist and follow up with a diagonal slash.

If she had dodged with a back jump however, Sly would quickly follow with a short hop, then immediately another step-lunge, and repeat with his real attack being his dagger. Even if she were to successfully block his dagger, Sly would just sweep her hand away with both arms and retaliate with his knife again.

--

words: 166/75
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:21 am

Skylar
    Pandora's Phoenix
    Her hit was successful, and she quickly used the momentum to stand herself back up. Skylar danced back several paces, giving him some time to breath. He was against a tree and a frown pulled over her face. Perhaps she should stop? Perhaps not? It would all depend on his next few movements. He turned to face her and Skylars eyes narrowed once more, concentrating as she watched him.

That was when he lunged forward, blade pointed directly against her chest. She blinked, before taking several steps forward herself. She would have been impaled by the sword, but with a grunt and a rather forceful push, her hand pushed against the flat side of the weapon, shoving it away from the killing blow and sending it harmlessly past her side. The other hand came up, cut in front of the dagger's hand and rapidly moved to slam into the side of Sly's wrist, aiming to disarm him.

She might just approve if he didn't fail this part...

After all, if he could prove that he was becoming wiser with this realm, learning his limits, then maybe, just maybe, he would be able to surpass the standards she held for him.

182/75 words, posts 4/5
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:08 am

He was incredibly dumbfounded with how she countered what was supposed to be a surprise attack to her. Her arms were not in the right position, ready to block a blade heading to her chest. And especially so if she stepped forward right into his blade, thinning out her window of reaction. Yet it was already near perfect. The blade bounced off to the side, and he did immediately tried for a knife slash. Again, it was blocked, with such a force that it jolted his bones. His grip remained firm, but it seemed she had not attempted to counter beyond that. The idea of an armsweep was immediately dashed, the momentum carrying forward until he was literally to her chest in distance.

At this point, his mind was becoming a little frantic. Not only was she past his blade, but the knife as well. And it seemed he was out of counters, except to push back and disengage. However, he had other ideas, and never had he thought he needed to use it at times like this. But with how close they were at this point, it was almost impossible for either of them to attack until they distance themselves again. That is if he was thinking without magic...

--

Words: 210/75
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:22 am

Being already this close, his rapier arm was not only out, but it had slip past her harmlessly. He quickly wrapped the arm around in a small hook without touching her. Then quickly sent a knee up. He couldn't see where his knee was going, but he was sure to try and aim for the belly. Once he had took his leg off the ground, he would pull his arm out, letting her back out then. He too would jump back and, fumbling a little, returned to his battle stance. Rapier in front and dagger to his back.

He stepped forward again, until he judged the distance to be around 2 metres. Then he stepped again, but feinted the lunge. If she performed the similar block, he would duck his blade a little without losing momentum and jab at her. Without the momentum of a thrust, the blade wouldnt leave a bad wound. Even if she didn't use her arm to block, if she did nothing to move from it, he would just extend his arm out and perform a simple jab regardless against her shoulder. Should the blade failed again, that was when he bring his dagger forward in a reverse grip.

Instead of jabbing it forward, he feinted the stab before pulling the handle to his chest. If she tried to block, he would then jab forward, bypassing her defence and hopefully strike her.

--

Words: 236/75

Right hand: Model R5 rapier
    Left hand: Clockwork Dagger-Simple
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:58 pm

Skylar
    Pandora's Phoenix
    Bit too close, but Skylar didn't really mind too much.

She had twisted slightly, foot forward towards the rapier arm. Although as Sly rose his leg, a smaller gap opened underneath his rapier arm. Taking the chance, Skylar quickly ducked down and rolled into the gap, before springing back up onto her feet. With a smirk at herself, she wiped it clean off her face and turned back to face him. He was already doing the same, rapier held forward. Cracking her neck a little as he stepped forward, she did the same, dropping into a slight crouch, a faint pinkish glow coming from her. Her hand cracked against the side of the blade, over her head, before she sprang up into a jump. The glow quickly faded, her body already having shifted to the bird form as she beat her wings hard, before twisting awkwardly and attempting to land on his outstretched arm. If not, a tree branch would do.

However, a faint trail of blood trickled down her feathers, and she blinked, before looking down at her side. Blood.

Skylar gave a small, chirp-like chuckle, before giving a small nod. She didn't even see the dagger, more

If that man didn't hold back, he could be dangerous.

He passed her test and she gave him a faint nod, turning her gaze back to Sly. "You had me worried for several moments there... If you truly wish to protect someone, you may even have to fight those you consider friends. Remember that." She commented blandly, her voice partially distorted from her form. "But that being said, I think you have learned something important... So this time, yes. I think you have passed my test."

285/75 words, posts 5/5

Skylar wrote:Phoenix shifting.

Skylar has the ability to transform into a bird which somewhat resembles a Phoenix. This bird is around the size of an eagle, standing around 70cm high, with a wingspan of 200cm. What it looks like can be seen at the top of the app. With this transformation, it allows for flight and increases her speed. The Fight speed is equal to user's class in rank.

Class F - 2.5 m/s
    Class D - 5 m/s
    Class C - 10 m/s
    Class B - 17 m/s
    Class A - 25 m/s
    Class S - 35 m/s

The flight height is equal to user level in meters.
    She can also only transform once per post, either at the start or at the end of a post.
    An additional thing to note is that this ability grants the looks to be downright adorable and all feathery.
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:36 pm

He almost felt something boiling in his mind when, again, his blade was knocked to the side once more despite his efforts to actually bluff the attack and force her to perform that same defense again. However, what she did after was a bit of surprise for him, but still he continued to follow up his attack with the knife and jab into the flurry of feathers. The determination in him withered quickly, and in its place the feeling dread when his dagger gleamed red. It was just the tip, and the ground was not stained.

Skylar unfurled her large wings and soared onto one of the high branches. She looked well, saved for that gash on her rib. It did not look lethal. She taught him to draw his blade against his friends, even if it meant to protect someone dear to him. He personally preferred to avoid such situations, but if friends were to step in his path with opposing ideals, then they would become enemies. After catching his breath for a bit, he sheathed his blades and gave her a small bow.

My gratitude, Skylar, he said, just as the spirits of the forest started to emerge from hiding and peer at the two with their beady eyes. You need not worry. I will protect her no matter the cost, even if I have to raise my blade at an ally. And with that, he started his way out of the forest.

--

Words: 245/75

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:23 am