Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Unknown Lands

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! Your last visit was . You have made 118 posts! Please welcome our newest member, Amaihana!

Medicine Run [Solo]

Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

I Need A Medic! Gravestone THIS IS MADNESS! The Giving Tree

Lineage : The Forgesmith
    Position : None
    Origin : Urban City
    Sacred Shards : 2
    Class : C
    Level : 11
    Experience : 505

Medicine Run [Solo] Empty Medicine Run [Solo]

Post by Sly Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:09 am

The first thing he would want to do settling in a new region was getting to know the lives of those not only living within the city of his guild, but also those in nearby by places. Oak town was not far from here, and if he had to be honest, it looked more like a city than a town. At least there were no high rising buildings. Though just like Urban City, the place had a fair share of problems which they were looking for the aid of any strangers.

In this case, it was something he was much more familiar with. He walked down the somewhat quiet road, going past a few houses under a hot afternoon. It didn't take him long to find the right address, and already there was a woman with a large sunhat at the gate, pacing back and forth. The number on the mailbox matched that of the poster. As he approached, the woman stopped and turned in his direction, her eyes barely seem open under the sun as she looked at him with mild curiosity.

Excuse me, is this where Sarah lives?

"Kind stranger, are you here to help my daughter?"

Sly gave her a nod. The woman beckoned him to her house.

--

Words: 211/125
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Medicine Run [Solo] Empty Re: Medicine Run [Solo]

Post by Sly Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:02 am

The woman introduced herself as Emily, the one who sent for help. As to why she would not just call an ambulance or take her to a nearby doctor remained a small mystery. Mayhap there was a fee with visiting doctors in this area. It was understandable, if he considered the face value of the items they had around the house. He walked into an almost overwhelming scent of flowers filling the hallway. He took off his shoes, feeling the soft carpet with his feet, as the woman took her to where Sarah was resting. Before he even got there, he could hear groans of a child coming from one of the rooms. The small journey was rather uneventful, saved for the plain furniture and framed family photos here and there. Pretty decent for a middle-class family.

The girl's room was filled with plush toys more than anything. There was a wardrobe, bed, window, much of the bare minimum for any form of housing. The girl was lying on the bed, curled in a foetal position, eyes closed like she was trying to sleep through whatever pain her arms were hugging. It looked like a stomachache. How did this happen?

"She snuck into the pantry and finished a whole jar of cookies."

Sly's voice almost got caught in his throat. A jarful?

She showed him the jar that was placed on the cabinet near the door. It was quite a large jar, with nothing but crumbles left in it. "I hear the Shaman has something for this sort of ailment. Can you go and buy the medicine from him? I will pay you for your troubles."

Sly raised an eyebrow. A Shaman. Normally he wouldn't trust such closet malfunctioning voodoo-doll making person to sell him even a marble. But if he had to admit anything, it was that he did not carry any medicines on his person. A cure for a stomachache was simply to drink water and get some rest. But if he was getting paid to get some 'medicine' that would probably not work, who was he to complain? I will be back in a moment.

--

Words: 358/125
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:35 am

The Shaman shop could be reached via walking, if he had the time to do so. For unknown reasons, when he was just about out of her home, Emily told him to hurry and collect the medicine. Her voice was rather demanding, but he would rather not question anything she says. He broke into a sprint, heading for the direction which the woman had pointed to go to find the Shaman's shop. It was opposite to the main plaza and, according to her, was a shop built in one of the homes in this direction. As if the shop could not be anymore suspicious enough...

Supposedly it should be something he couldn't miss. There would be a lot of strange merchandise hanging in front of the house. Before he could consider what they were, he found a place matching such description. And he was sure as hell confident this was the place he was looking for. Voodoo dolls and twisted dried up fruits were left hanging in the sun. Inside the store, as he approached closer, were shelves on what would probably pass for a garage for any sort of vehicles. On them were large bags of a variety of different shapes and colours.

Even closer still, a heavy scent of some strange essence blasted his nose and stopped him momentarily in his path. It was bitter and somewhat disgusting. Like someone was boiling a dead rat that was left out in the sun for a week. Luckily for him, the store was empty, but he would rather get whatever he came in for quickly and get out.

--

Words: 268/125
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:44 am

"Welcome," spoke the store owner, which Sly could guess was the Shaman. Just as he figured, the Shaman was a man. Rather tall and skinny with a slightly dark complexion. He had long braided hair, that almost blended well with the large wooden ornate mask that he was wearing. Because of that, he couldnt tell what he looked like, let along the eye colour behind the black slits of where the eyes should be. His voice was very low and deep and, when he spoke his greeting, he did some strange hand signals that Sly did not really bother to pay attention to.

Do you have anything from stomachaches? Sly asked, trying to breathe only through his mouth. He looked around but couldn't track the source of the smell. There were no pots brewing or any candles being lit. Perhaps it was the smell of one of these medicines.

Slowly the Shaman turned and fished something from out of one of the jars on the shelves above him. He did not seem to bother counting how much was in his handful. He just placed them in another plastic bag before putting on the counter. Sly took the time to look around the shop again, this time at the bags of 'medicine'. None of them ring any bells, even after studying from a library back at the Manor, and even here. Perhaps they were really bogus scams, but then again, he would never know unless he actually tried them himself. Knowing that one of them smelt of dead rat, why would he?

After paying off the cost, he grabbed the bag and made run back.

--

Words: 274/125
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:57 am

He could never be anymore relieved when he was far from the Shaman's shop. But it didn't mean he could stop and walk back to the house. The woman was paranoid as ever, probably would believe that her daughter's stomach would explode if Sly told her it would. He could have taken his time to take a look at what was supposed to be medicine for stomachaches. Maybe he could do so the moment he returned to the house. All the running with very little shade was starting to get to him. Exhaustion aside, his throat was getting dry after being out in the sun for too long. He should have brought an umbrella or a hat.

Complaining about it in his mind had some benefits at least to take his mind off of the heat. But now he had this bag of... roots... to deliver. How was this going to help relieve a stomachache would probably be something he would stick around to see. If the woman would permit him. After a bit of running and walking, and partially dying of thirst, he reached the front of the house and sighed in relieve as he slipped under the shade, before entering Emily's home.

Here! Sly said, handing the bag over to Emily.

--

Words: 213/125
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:05 am

He was uncertain what to do now at this point. Emily requested no help from the kitchen, as all she was really doing is throwing the roots into the kettle and waiting for the tea to boil. No one really said a word, but the musty smell of the tea repelled him from the kitchen. It was hard to describe it than smelling like someone eating mouthful after mouthful of moss somewhere in the forest, swallowed them, and then vomiting it out, with the very bitter and acidic taste of vomit itself filling the air. Even Emily was about to puke from the retched smell, but she found solace opening the kitchen window.

There wasn't a single root left in the bag before she tossed it out, so Sly just left the kitchen and went into Sarah's room. She was still clutching her stomach and complaining about how much it hurts. Sly pulled a chair right next to her to keep her company. But even she did not feel like talking. Really, he could just leave now at this point, but he rather not do it empty-handed. Her mother was not making the wisest of decisions at this point, but he had to admit her effort in trying new things.

The tea was eventually ready and the mother quickly delivered the ceramic cup to her daughter. Sly quickly slipped to the hallway, standing near the door, feeling his stomach starting to crawl up his throat. He pitied the girl for having to take sip out of that.

--

Words: 257/125
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:30 am

He just waited by the door, hearing the mother trying to sit the girl up. There was a bit of gentle chatter between them, and with some stern words from the mother, scolding Sarah for eating the cookies before dinner. And her punishment was to drink the medicine. He cringed a little, hearing her scream her distaste for it and throwing a bit of tantrum. If only she had the energy to lash out, the pain was stopping her from doing anything but complain. It seemed to have finally settled down, saved for whimpers between sips and the mother trying to coax her to drink a bit more.

This was going to take a while, and indeed it did. He sat on the doorstep, finding nothing better to do than to stare at the finely cut green lawn and the chimes above the doorway as the wind blew in between each rod. Actually, Oak town did not seem like a bad spot to make a home out of. Of course he was not going to live here now or even bothered considering it, but he could somewhat imagine himself retiring at this spot. Perhaps there were other more secluded and... exotic areas which he could lay down his weapons on and enjoy the carefree lifestyle. Maybe he could even invite Le-

"Oh, there you are," the woman said.

Sly quickly jumped up to his feet. So how is she now?

"A lot better. Thank you so much for grabbing the medicine for me."

He blinked. The medicine... worked? Umm, if you don't mind me asking, what was it that you give her? The name of the root?

"I don't really know," she said absent-mindedly with a smile. "I just tell the Shaman what I have and he knows exactly what to give me. Better than a doctor I must say."

That was unbelievable. Maybe the Shaman could have been one, if he had more enticing items to display outside of his store. And may be set one up in the plaza. Either way, perhaps buying some for himself would yield some beneficial knowledge as well.

"Here, this should cover for your troubles," she stuck her hand out to him and Sly received what was a modest payment that would also cover for the cost of the medicine.

Sly pocketed it and gave her a small bow. Thank you so much, Emily. I wish you and your daughter better health.

--

Words: 409/125
    Fetus
    Fetus
    Shinigami VIP

I'm Important Too! Medicine Run [Solo] Empty

Lineage : Martyr's Soul
    Origin : Pandora
    Sacred Shards : 16
    Level : 23
    Experience : 10870

Character Sheet
    Character Name: Fetus
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Primary Magic: Dog

Post by Fetus Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:33 pm

x1 D-Reward Dice
    NPC
    NPC
    Admin

I'm Important Too! I'm Important Too! I'm Important Too! Medicine Run [Solo] Empty
    You must have rolled a lot of dice...

Lineage : Wrath of The NPC
    Origin : Admin Panel
    Sacred Shards : ?
    Class : ?
    Level : ?
    Experience : ?

Post by NPC Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:33 pm

The member 'Fetus' has done the following action : Dices roll

'D Class Reward Dice' :