Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Unknown Lands

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! Your last visit was . You have made 118 posts! Please welcome our newest member, Amaihana!

Fragments [Private, Lexia]

Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

LET IT BURN! The Water Within Terraforming Fragments [Private, Lexia] - Page 2 Empty

Lineage : Genbu, The Black Tortoise
    Position : None
    Origin : Urban City
    Sacred Shards : 51
    Class : B
    Level : 50
    Experience : 5180

Fragments [Private, Lexia] - Page 2 Empty Re: Fragments [Private, Lexia]

Post by Lexia Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:10 pm

Although she thought she had slid the book back where it belonged, it didn't make it there before Sly had come back. She gave a small sigh, before shaking her head and used her normal hand to close the book. She'd seen enough. She'd seen what she was, where Sly had come from... And she had seen what she was now. She almost didn't want her memories back, knowing that each one given to her would be pain. Not a relief, but just pain.

"Sly, why help me?" She said quietly, even if her metallic arm, now dented, was still over her eyes. Gritting her teeth a little, Lexia forced herself to keep talking to simply say what was on her mind. "I don't see a point... In helping me. Skylar, she's from the Legion, knows... Someone who can help me with this." She explained, partially gesturing to her hand. But she was sad. Horribly sad.

"I just need to find... issues..." Lexia stopped. Maybe, just maybe, what she wanted to do was the exact opposite of what she should do. Perhaps, instead of fighting the agony, she should embrace it? "You should... just let me die." She swallowed, hard, "I'm not the p... person that you loved. I'm.. nothing compared to her. I'm tainted, I'm damaged, I have... so little memory of what has and hasn't happened... I..." Lexia's hand pressed a little more against her face, covering the tears which rolled down them.

The sketchbook simply laid on her lap, a page opened to an image of the pair. Both were enjoying themselves, a smile on Lexia's face as Sly had been looking down to her. But, at the same time, there was two major differences.

The first being that the two were happy, and simply by glancing at it that anyone could tell they adored one another.

The second being the real kicker for Lexia, and the reason for her doubts. She had her normal arm, and she actively looked gorgeous, no scars present on her form. No imperfections. Nothing at all.
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

I Need A Medic! Gravestone THIS IS MADNESS! The Giving Tree

Lineage : The Forgesmith
    Sacred Shards : 2
    Class : C
    Level : 11
    Experience : 505

Post by Sly Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:42 pm

Sly was about to speak when the knocking sounded from the front door again, and the paramedics screaming. But it looked as if they were about to give up and pass it as Sly could not wait and had taken her to the hospital himself. Let them think that for now. Don't be ridiculous, Sly said calmly, holding her close. I did not love you for your appearance or... 'perfection' for that matter. I love you for what you are, a strong-willed and fierce fighter not backing down without a fight. He slipped the photos back into the sketchbook and, just as he pulled away, his finger got caught over the folds of a page and it blew back to a sketch of Mirage and Nemesis. Or... what they were, until he could not even form a connection to them through his timepiece. At times he wondered if he had to search for new spirits, because those he had previously only existed in the other realm. Even if it was true that he had to find new spirits, he did not have the means to do it. Only Horus knew how they came to be. How their names were given. He was thankful he did not draw any pictures of Jhin. The one who took away her arm. He gritted his teeth again. Another goal he failed to achieve before he was spirited away here.

He then turned towards the door. Nothing but silence now. Let's go, he said, offering to help her up. Seems only Skylar can point us in the right direction. Where do we find these issues? Sly grabbed the sketchbook and flung it onto the bed beside her. Assuming she accepted his help, he would carefully pull her up onto her legs.

Wherever they needed to go, he hoped they do not have to travel far..
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

LET IT BURN! The Water Within Terraforming Fragments [Private, Lexia] - Page 2 Empty

Post by Lexia Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:18 pm

Lexia tried to ignore the song and dance the paramedics were making, however, she was mildly surprised when she felt the taller mans arm wrap around her. In a tender moment, he gently pulled her against his own form, his head resting against her own. Words left his mouth, skillfully chosen as if to settle her own soul. But how could he even say that? She didn't know what sort of fights she would be able to deal with, what things she could stand up for... Heck, she looked so different from what was in the photo as well. It was almost like her entire self had changed mere moments before she was cast into this place. Though, to his words, she nodded against his chest, her arm having moved to rest against her lap.

Sly moved away from her, his finger catching the sketchbook and turning to Mirage and Nemesis, the wolf and that pesky little phoenix who never seemed to like her at all. She paused for a few moments, a shuddering sigh leaving her. "And yet here I am asking you to give up on me..." She mumbled almost silently, before she noticed that Sly had begun to... As soon as Sly tried to pull her up, a cry of pain left her lips. Instantly, she pushed away from him, back down onto the bed as her hand pressed against her side.

"T-that might be a bad idea..." She stammered, "I-I don't know where Skylar would be, Sly.. Perhaps you should... Go and find Skylar, she said... Trouble, so maybe somewhere that has a lot of incidents?" Lexia tried to suggest, before she gritted her teeth a little more, trying to fight off the waves of pain, nausea and emotions she felt.

"Find her.. and let me rest here.."
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:43 pm

He immediately stopped and slowly settled her down from her cry of pain, back onto the bed. Just as he had feared, her condition was slowly worsening. No doubt forcing her into a bed-ridden state. The water flask was still sitting beside her in case she needed, but he figured from her wrinkling expression that she may needed something else. He nodded to her, before heading to the kitchen to find a bowl. Something in case she would start to vomit again. The glass shards outside of the bathroom took his attention momentarily. He would have to deal with it later, but not before leaving the apartment, in case she needed to use it. After delivering a bowl to her, he placed a hand on her shoulder. Just hang on for a bit longer Lex. I will get her as soon as possible. Then slowly he would leave her side and gently close the door behind him. Grabbing a broom, he would sweep away the glass and toss them into the bin before leaving the apartment.

But now what? Skylar would appear in an area where there would be a lot of incidents. Perhaps a location where there was high criminal activity. But that was everywhere within the inner city. She could honestly be anywhere. Taking the stairs down, lit by a few flourescent lamps, he searched his mind for where to begin his search. Criminal activity... criminal activity... perhaps in an area where the police would rarely go to. In fact, he knew one of such place. The alleyways. Specifically those in the rundown areas filled with slum buildings.

Having a way to go, he rushed out of the building and headed his way there. The cool breeze blasted him once again, and again, he only realised that it was nightfall, lights coming on, giving a false sense that it was already morning until he looked up to see the stars. The alleyways was not far from here, hence why he was able to afford an apartment here. It was one of the cheapest areas. With every step forward, there was more graffiti covering the walls, the buildings looking like they were just about ready to fall apart any moment, and the people...fewer, and more sinister. He stopped just at the outskirts, staring down the long dark and narrow passage, lined by dumps and broken wine bottles. It was too quiet, but he could hear things here and there. Screaming... shooting... laughing.

It did not sound like there was anyone there trying to resolve them. Mayhap Skylar has yet to reach that area, and this would probably be his only chance before she would disappear again. Squeezing his timepiece in his pocket, he hurried forward, ignoring all the robed figures sitting against the walls and staring at his direction.
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

I Need A Medic! How It's Made The Giving Tree Runs With The Wind
    HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Lineage : Soul of The Storm
    Sacred Shards : 15
    Class : A
    Level : 58
    Experience : 30200

Post by Skylar Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:57 pm

Skylar
    Pandora's Phoenix
    It was dark. Incredibly so in these alleyways.

Like a wraith, Skylar moved forward. She'd been tracking down a few groups, but also a few people who Nameless wanted, but had had no luck so far. With a sigh, she moved forward, the feathers from her arms lightly dragging across the ground as she did so. Not caring that she stood out like a sore thumb in these areas, she continued to walk with her head held high. People were beginning to recognise her, but what for, Skylar wouldn't really care. It wasn't her issue, not her problem. With a small inward sigh at the lack of results for the week, Skylar internally shrugged as well.

There was no point in worrying about things that she couldn't find and, in this case, it was information for those few people she was after. As she was making her was back out, a figure, a well dressed figure walked right by her. She blinked a little. Admittedly, she'd never seen anyone dressed quite like that before... However, with the people growing crowd behind him, she didn't think it'd be a good idea to leave him out in the open like he was. She took several steps forward, before she cleared her throat. The people following him noticed her there, quickly dispersing before she could 'see' who any of them were.

"What are you doing out here? Don't you know that coming to places like this isn't exactly a good idea- especially wearing the things you are?" She asked, her voice strong, but at the same time, it was quiet, carrying a warning over to him.
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:58 pm

How many alleyways had he crossed by now? The usual bustling crowd and busy streets had long disappeared behind him, instead new sounds intercepting and encroaching towards him. He had turned left and right, the only thing guiding him was where there was light, or where there was sound. He knew there were just people behind him, but it felt like he was being shadowed by another force. Something like Grim Reaper, blade prone and ready to reap him if he so much as slowed down. What was he thinking? Coming here without even a weapon? But Lexia was in grave danger. He should probably have forced her to go to the hospital. What if Skylar wasn't here? This place was like a labyrinth. The last thing he needed was to rush into a dead end.

Then, like a sun within the darkness, something stood out in his sights just as he turned around the corner. It was a woman in bright red clothing, feathers growing from her shoulders like it was a unique sort of dress. That was when he stopped, and the 'shadows' behind him dissipated as well. He threw his head back to see, but they had all receded into hiding. Sly looked back at the woman. Despite her sticking out like a rabbit among wolves, he could already sense something odd about her. Like her power brimming out of her. She was no ordinary one for sure. But it did not mean he could do anything. To her, he was merely no different than an ordinary citizen.

I.. I am looking for the one named Skylar. I was told that this was where I could find her. Are you her by any chance? He flicked open his timepiece. Even if the magic within it was locked away, it still permeated light for him. Almost immediately, gears and pivots sprung out from it like holograms, all of them etched with strange symbols coming and going, as well as several dials spinning about like an armillary sphere. He could see the disgusting grime and dirtied objects all over the area for sure, but also the woman standing before him in stark contrast to where they were standing.
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:20 am

Skylar
    Pandora's Phoenix
    A smile tugged on her face when he cast his gaze behind him, only to see nothing at all following him. However, Skylar wasn't fooled, knowing that their eyes watched from a hidden darkness. She turned her head to look at him, despite him being taller than she was, she straightened her shoulders a little. How the hang did he know her name. "And if I was that person, what would you want?" Skylar asked, her eyes narrowing a little.

"Not many people really know of my name, I'm a newer... Recruit around these parts." Behind her back, her fingers tightened into a fist. She didn't want this to go down badly, but at the same time, their eyes on the back of her skull didn't reassure her. With a sudden sigh and the jerk of her head she motioned back towards where he had come from. "This way, and stick with me... We will need to talk on the way as to why you need her assistance." Skylar spoke, again, her voice being firm as a warning to the others who would hear it.

Without warning, she would start walking. For several long minutes, it would be in silence as the pair would go back towards 'safer' waters, so to speak. Once she got there, she sighed gently. "Sorry about the theatricals back there... But what is it that you need me for? And who told you of my name?"

She almost flinched a little as, for the first time in quite a while, it wasn't exactly a very... Pleasant introduction that she had with them.
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:38 am

He figured right. This woman was indeed Skylar. All he needed to do was ask her where to find the person to cure Lexia of her... health concerns. However, it never occurred to him that she was new or that the name would mean a lot more than what he expected. He could see her tensing up from it, and he almost took a step back. Further into the shadows. A burning light in the centre, and creeping shadows bordering it. He was caught in between the two.

Then she told him to follow. Like it was the only light source in a world of utter darkness, he followed her. At first, they were backtracking where Sly had went. But then they took odd turns here and there. At this point he was completely lost. He could not even recall what he passed by or if he could even get out of this area at all. However, things were starting to quiet down. But not in the sinister way. Almost immediately he felt the tight pressure in him lifting away, the space clearing where he could stretch. He held himself from doing that, before he rubbed the foul contents of the walls onto himself, or expose himself for a thief.

She finally stopped after moving a few feet deeper, and then asked him the same question. The only thing lighting this part of the alleyway now was his timepiece, the gentle hums and ticking echoing a little across the alleyways.

Whoever sent me after you needed you help, Sly answered. Lexia. Does that name sound familiar? She is at my apartment now, ill after a few drinks of sake. And she refused to go to the hospital. I need your help now. Admittedly, his tone was a little too demanding and he was in no position to make such things. But how else could he have done it? Lexia's condition was deteriorating and only Skylar could help her. For now, he mentally crossed his fingers, hoping she would be more cooperative.
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:09 am

Skylar
    Pandora's Phoenix
    Skylar looked a little surprised. "Lexia asked for me?" She paused for a few moments, but she knew that she wasn't able to heal her arm. But what else would it be for? Regarding issues with sake... Well, Skylar had had little to no experiences with that sort of issue. As such, she hummed a little. "I... Alright, I'll see what I can do, but I'm not... Sure how much I'm going to be able to help you really, but I will do my best." Skylar said, her voice both reassuring and firm at the same time.

Skylar casually cast her gaze over the shadows behind Sly, eyes narrowing just a little to peer further into the darkness. Whatever was there, well, she seemed to have scared them off for now. But who knows how long that would last? With a small sigh, she crossed her feathered arms, eyes narrowing just a little. "I'm going to need you to tell me everything that's happened, and... Don't worry, I do know Lexia, not well, but I do know her. I met her over lunch a few days ago, she was rather amused when I somehow managed to keep down several bowls of ramen." Skylar laughed gently, a bright smile lighting up her face, "That was an interesting day... Also, if you don't mind... Could you close that? I'll be taking you back to wherever she is through . . . Back ways, and I don't need the light showing that I have someone unusual with me. I'm probably going to have to explain it later regardless, but you shutting that and going along with what I'll be doing, that's all I ask of you... If that is possible at all."
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:21 am

He felt his heart sunk a little with the first few words from her. She was not a doctor it seemed, and he was not confident that she could help Lexia with her liver. But it was what Lexia wanted and he could only hope for the best. The moment she asked, he immediately snapped the timepiece close. Her slim features were immediately cut into darkness, and all he could see of her was a dark silhouette, a shadowy figure standing right next to him. Almost at the moment, he could feel the familiar shadows creeping towards him again, now that the warding light of his timepiece had snuffed out. He did not open the timepiece, both because she told him not to, and that he did not want any surprises with someone jumping in on him.

Lexia, I met her in a ramen shop. She ordered two vases of sake, which are strong alcoholic drinks. Then she just collapsed from her bad liver. I took her to my apartment to recover, but no matter what I do, she was not feeling well. I have called an ambulance but she refused to go, and they had long left us alone. That's when she told me of you, and you know the rest.

Despite knowing very little about Skylar, he kept himself close to her as possible. She was his only protection, and now they needed to go all the way back to his apartment. If only he knew where he went. Skylar said she could take him directly to her now. Perhaps another work of magic. He nodded to her, not that he had any choice for the matter. That's funny you two met over a bowl of ramen. I met her again in the ramen shop as well, but it was the second time I saw her. Didn't think it was until now that those drinks would hurt her once again.
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:39 am

Skylar
    Pandora's Phoenix
    She nodded at his instant reaction to shutting the small, light producing watch. Instantly, she reached out a hand, placing it against his shoulder. She had a rather good guess about where he would be, he seemed new like she did... but if he hadn't gotten a lot of money during his time... Skylar nodded. There was one place which she could think of instantly where he would probably be staying. Looking left and right, she took a few steps forward, pushing him with her, and opened a black door. She pushed him inside, and quickly shut it behind her. Dark light illuminated their way as she made her own way forward, walking through the hallways. She was rather new to this, but at the same time, she had a rather decent understanding of where to go.

After around fifteen minutes of navigating the quiet and dark surroundings, her mind lost in what could possibly be wrong, she looked up again. Although it was rather hard for her to ignore the questioning looks that were thrown to her, she managed to get him out a door which was somewhat close to where he lived. She exhaled a little, before shrugging a little and pushing him through. She shut the door quickly behind her, before glaring at him. "If you use those halls, I'll have to kill you, just a heads up." She said, then grinned. "But regardless... I think this is close to where you lived... Is there anywhere here that you recognise?" She asked, gesturing the the run down buildings, the dull street lamps which illuminated the grounds.

Skylar was still getting use to them NOT being powered by runes...
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:54 am

He did not know what was going on at this point. The first thing he remembered since was wanting to use his timepiece, not only as a source of light, but also because it doubled as a compass and a 'perfect' time-teller. However, just as that thought came to mind, the woman suddenly pushed him. Her hand reached for a door which he did know was even there to begin with. And without warning, she forced him in, walking in with him before closing the door. He was interrupted from speaking again when she pushed him to move forward along these corridors. Not that he could really speak anyways, the mysterious hallways taking away that ability. The place was dark, but he was unsure what was lighting their way forward.

It was a long journey. Nothing but complete darkness. Yet, enough light for him to see where he was going. He had taken enough of the sights long ago. It was still a long hallway and he was starting to feel a bit bored, opting to just keeping walking forward and thinking of Lex. He wondered how she was feeling now, and if she was to be well once again, how was he going to reawaken her memories. Actually, Skylar was here with him was she not? Perhaps he could ask her, if she could help her recover some memories.

Before he felt himself lost in a void world of nothing but an endless straight path, another door swung open and he stumbled through it. Skylar warned him about using that passageway. Sly shrugged a little. Not that he even know what was happening anyways. Looking around, he was at another alleyway. Except it was far more noisy, and there was light blaring from one side. The main street. Then it all came back to him where he was now.

This way, he said, immediately sprinting a few paces down the street and making a sharp turn to one of the probably most saddest building anyone would ever see. A dark, plain and very outdated building among those with blaring lights and overly pompous decor. He guided Skylar up the stairs, to his door, opened and led her to where Lexia would be sleeping. Lex! Skylar's here.
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

Post by Lexia Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:37 am

Although she wished that she was sleeping, Lexia certainly wasn't. If anything, she was curled up on that darn bed, holding her legs lightly to her chest. The sketchbook was precariously balanced on the shelf, where Lexia tried to push it back in and half failed. The water flask was long since empty and knocked onto its side. It had rolled and currently rested near the doorway. Her mouth was dried and tasted of a horrid mix of bile and... something else she had no idea about. The sounds of boots came to her ears and she almost groaned from it. That meant someone was there, by the sounds of it, two people. However, the last thing that she expected was for Sly's voice to cause her to look up. With a small groan, she nodded, before trying to push herself back into a seated position.

"Hey, that's not a good idea, Lexia. Her voice sounded, it was almost like music to her ears. With a faint laugh, crossed with a little pain, Lexia shook her head. "Neither was drinking."

Skylar laughed gently, before taking a seat down next to her. With the click of her tongue, she placed a hand over where Lexia seemed to be the most tender with. "Why did you go and do this to yourself, you silly little girl... I told you to find trouble, not let trouble find you." Skylar gently scolded, the tone in her voice indicating concern more than actual scolding. A frown came upon her face as Lexia's eyes screwed shut in pain, her own gaze being diverted towards Sly.

"Do you have anything that will numb the pain? I need her to have something before I can try and help." Skylar said gently as Lexia wasn't able to keep herself seated upright by herself any longer. Instead, she leaned against Skylar's side, breaths coming to her in sharp gasps. "And please, make sure it tastes nice and is soothing on the stomach... If you can." Skylar asked again, before her attention went back to Lexia, her palm sliding underneath the steel plated armour that Lexia wore, attempting to judge just where exactly the pain was coming from.

Lexia, for her part, could only screw her face a little in pain, trying not to throw up, but also keep her head level and steady.
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:39 am

He took a seat on the chair that rested near her. Not sure how he was going to help at this point, the best he could do now was to be beside her. When he came in, he took the flask that had rolled onto the floor. It was empty at least, not spilling anything on the floor. As he scooted to the other side, he moved the sketchbook into its shelf properly before it would fall onto her. The two seemed to be well acquainted with one another, talking with one another like they were long time friends with one another. If only he could do something similar, but he had her lost memories to deal with. That and the unfamiliarity of this entire world.

He nodded to Skylar when she gave him an order to make more of the numbing concoctions. They were rather expensive and he did not exactly bought a lot of the necessary ingredients, but he would do whatever he could. And while he was in the kitchen, he refilled the water flask for Lexia. Thankfully, in his hurry, he forgot to repack the herbs into the appropriate cupboards, and it saved him a lot of trouble. However, he had already exhausted two of the ingredients to make something that will soothe the pain. As to make it more easily digestible, he was rather uncertain. The best medicines were always bitter, and adding anything else to this would perhaps defeat its purpose. Not taking any chances, he tried to add carbonated water into it. Sly huffed a sigh. He really needed to find a proper job. Maybe bartending at a 5 star restuarant or something. If only he knew what the drinks here were like, and how they were different to his previous realm. And who knows? Mayhap he would introduce new drinks.

Here! Sly said, rushing back into the bedroom with another fresh glass of the green and carbonated drink. It would have a nice fizzy aroma like that of a soft drink, but once she put it to her tongue, the bitterness would slowly get to her. She would have to swallow it quickly and not savour the taste. But who knows? It could taste a bit like alcohol and she could tolerate it. Sly gave Lexia water, just in case she needed to wash the bitterness of her tongue.
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

Post by Lexia Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:21 am

Lexia gave a small grumble when she felt Skylar's cold hand pressing against her stomach she may have been grateful for Skylar's help, but with the poking and prodding, she wanted to turn around and stab her with something. Of course though, she had nothing to actually hurt her with and thus, it wouldn't actually work. Even if she wanted to for once. "So, Sly's the guy, aye?" Skylar asked out of the blue, but Lexia instantly felt her cheeks turn red. "I-I think so?"

Skylar gave a small laugh. "I thought he was as soon as he got me form the alleys... Mind you, he could have been killed there if he wasn't too careful." Skylar responded quietly, and it was only then that Lexia realised that Sly was out of the room preparing something that Skylar had told him to make. She pulled a face. "Well... People do silly things for those they love." Lexia suggested as a reason, only to hear Skylar laugh again.

"Reason or not, I thought it was rather touching... So you should try and see someone to help you more with your memories, assuming you still want to get them back?" Skylar said easily, before giving a small smile. Her eyes flickered back to the doorway. Sly was coming back, and Lexia just simply shrugged. When Sly appeared again, Skylar nodded and beckoned him forward, his hand still pressed against Lexia's abdomen, confident that she found the original source of the pain. Taking the drink, she gave it straight to Lexia, who took it rather reluctantly. She didn't want to, but... What choice did she have. Shakily, she rose the glass to her lips, before pouring some of the bubbling liquid down her mouth. However, the bubbles did anything but help as she instantly pulled it away, opposing hand raising to cover her mouth. Frantically, she gestured for the water Sly offered, raising it to down it instantly.

But that didn't really help too much and she leaned forward a little, flask hanging from her hand as she tried to keep herself from doing something drastic. Skylar pulled a face. "Is there a way to decarbonate that...? I don't think it's doing Lexia any favours."
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:40 am

As he prepared the concoction, he could hear the mumbling from his bedroom and someone guffawing. He was too far to hear anything from it, but at least Lexia seemed to have someone to keep her company. How long had the two been in this world for now? He could not recall. Already Lexia seemed to have made a new friend, while Sly was still lost trying to assimilate into the new world. He missed his younger days. Back then, he could easily adapt to any situation, could always wear a smirk as a mask even if he was in a predicament, and had little care of consequences as he shoved his own philosophy down other assailants' throats. Something did change back then, but he could not tell when. Mayhap when Horus died, and he suddenly knew the weight of responsibilities.

When he returned, he quickly gave Skylar the drink and sat beside Lex. She did not take it well. Right after the first sip, she almost doubled over and watered down the drink with the water flask. Sly bit the bottom of his lip. How could he have screwed this up? He was out of ingredients to make a new one. He could not decarbonate the medicine unless he put it under fire, and that also had the risk of ruining what would help her. Give me it, he said, taking the glass without really waiting for Skylar. He took the flask as well, once Lexia was done with it, and poured the water into the medicine, filling it almost to the brim this time. The translucent green colour turned a lot brighter, and there were fewer bubbles than before.

I can only dilute it this much. Sly handed it back. The medicine would still be a bit bitter, but at least more easily swallowed than before. He despised instant-artificial flavouring of any kind and did not have any of such in his kitchen. Diluting was really his only option, and it was too late to reverse that now. He held his breath, hoping this time it would be enough.
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

Post by Lexia Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:55 am

Lexia could feel the bubbles wanting to make her hurl all over again, but the soothing waters quickly quenched that feeling. However despite that, she just wanted to close her eyes, and just simply let the pain wash over her. By the time she woke again, it'd be all over. Everything would be back to how it was before she had a few glasses, nothing would be wrong. Her eyes slid shut, the flask being pulled from her grasp. She barely noticed it. Her world slowly seemed to slip free from her mind, pulling itself into a realm of non existence. It was peaceful there, there was no pain, no agony, just the feeling of emptiness. Along with a darkened section, which spread further and further towards her, the tendrils stroking against her face.

She almost fell limp in Skylar's grip.

"Lexia? Lex, wake up.."

Her eyes snapped open, the pain instantly returning to her as she noticed the full glass of liquid in front of her, being handed back to her. It was full, the liquid an emerald green, far fewer bubbles, a small groan left her mouth. Dammit, she just wanted to sleep, was that a giant sin? She was vaguely aware of what Sly had said, and she nodded to it, before taking the glass from her hand. With a shaky sigh, she practically forced herself to drink the murky liquid, despite the tainted taste of bitterness. But the bubbles were still there, pricking and causing an uneasy feeling to build the more she drank it. Clenching her teeth together, her hand curled into a fist as she almost dropped the glass- Skylar snatching it from her hand before any damage could be done.

"I'm never having that... Concoction... Again." Lexia mumbled quietly, shooting Sly a look of both thanks and mock annoyance. "Seriously, that stuff surely isn't the nicest thing to ever taste." Lexia mumbled, to which Skylar shook her head and looked towards Sly. "How long does it take to work?" Sky asked him, her eyes narrowing just a little as she looked to him.

She needed it to work before she even tried anything.
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:31 am

He didn't realise he had been holding his breath the entire time she was drinking the medicine again. Desperation grew in his heart when she seemed to have fainted momentarily before, woken up by Skylar, and then that familiar crunching expression from the severe pain. At least she was able to absorb it all this time, but barely. He was worried she would vomit it all out. When the glass was empty, she managed to pull out a sassy comment. Sly smiled a little. Better than dying, he said. Best medicines never taste good. Then the other woman spoke, asking him how quickly would it take the medicine to eliminate the pain. He looked to the side, taking a moment to think. In a few seconds it should start to work. But that is only going to relieve her temporarily. It is all up to you now. He took the glass from Lex and quickly tossed it back into the kitchen. He would clean them properly later.

And from then on, all he could do was sit there and wait. It felt awkward. Lexia was dying right in front of him and he was just sitting there helpless. Sure, he did not even have a liver on his own, and neither did he have the healing ability to cure her. But what if Skylar one day wasn't here to help her when she is needed? What could Sly do then? No amount of pain-killing potions would cure her in anyway then. He sighed a little, staring at his timepiece. Not that this thing could help with that anyways, even if he had his control over it back. He never realised how dark it had got until he looked out at the window, the blinds pulled away to see towers of many buildings piercing into the sea of fractured glass of the moon. Sly certainly wanted to help Lex recover her memories, but the last thing he wanted was to have her in pain right after that meeting.

Is... there anything else that I can do? He asked.
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

Post by Lexia Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:13 am

"I wouldn't bet on that." Lexia retorted rather readily, giving Sly a slightly baleful look. But that was quickly replaced as Skylar moved her other hand and carefully began to push her back down onto the bed. "I'm going to need you to stay put for a few moments while I do this..." Skylar began, but before she even did so, she ensured that Lexia was out in a straight-ish line, or as straight as she could get without hurting her too much. Her palm never left her side, and she gave a small sigh. It was either now or never, and she hated to think what would happen if she didn't make it now. The moment that those thoughts even entered her mind, they were dashed against the ground. Nothing like that needed to exist. "Sly's right though... It's slowly becoming a little... Less painful." Lexia said gently, her form slightly pushing against the position Skylar had forced her into, as she wanted to pull her legs up to her chest and hold them.

Before she could actively stand her work, Sly asked his question. Skylar gave a small pause, her mind quickly thinking of what needed to happen. An answer quickly bloomed, giving her an idea which she was almost certain that Sly wouldn't reject. With that smile tugging on her face, she looked towards the man. "If you wouldn't mind... Can you comfort her, she's... Probably not going to like this." Skylar asked and suggested easily, before she almost cursed. Lexias eyes had fallen shut again, embracing the quiet and peace. Skylar clicked a few times, trying to get her to focus back on the lands of the living.

But it wasn't to be, and Skylar cursed.

"Be quick, hold her down and comfort her.." Skylar said again, before her hand slowly began to give off a soft pink glow as she moved it back towards Lexia.
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:28 am

There was something in the woman's movements that relieved Sly of any worrisome feelings. Partly because of how determined and fluid her movements were. He was uncertain about her magic or if she was a healer, but just seeing her work on Lexia made those two thoughts very distant when he witnessed this. Skylar rested Lexia back onto the bed, and he just remained seated on the chair, slightly leaning forward, like a relative waiting in the waiting room for the outcome of an operation. At that moment, the confidence in Skylar's face dropped slightly, replaced by tension and desperation. He knew of Lexia's bad liver in the past, but never had he figured it would go up to this point. Sly should have stopped her on the second drink. What was he thinking endangering her health and taking the gamble with her health? At least the concoction was working and she was starting to feel better. If only for a moment if they do nothing at all.

He got to do something for Lex, and he did as he was told and sat beside her. Skylar was going to do something that Lexia would not like? First thing that came to mind was that she was going to do something painful. But surely the concoction would help. Her handed started to glow the faint blossom glow, indicating that she was going to use magic for this. Not taking any chances like he foolishly did before, he held her down. A hand on her shoulder gently, and he wrapped the other over hers, holding it gently and feeling her warmth, letting her know that he was right there beside her. Do not worry Lex, he said softly. Squeeze my hand if you need to. I will be here always. He then turned to Skylar, a stern look in his eyes as he nodded to her. I'm ready.
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

Post by Lexia Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:36 am

Lexia wanted to hit Skylar for forcing her into that position. The only thing which stopped her from actively doing so was that she just couldn't be bothered. Well, that was until she remembered the steel arm and she was just about to move her left hand to push her forward and punch that girl in the face. That was at least, until she felt the firm grip across her chest, practically forcing her down. She was about to snap at it, until she saw that it wasn't exactly Skylar who was holding her, but grudgingly, she tried not to do anything drastic as she saw the glimpse of Sly. His words that he spoke, although originally moulded to try and soothe what she felt, it didn't work. Her heart was beating erratically, pounding almost painfully in her chest.

"Well, here goes nothing then.."

Lexia ground her teeth lightly, giving a bit of a growl when she felt Skylar's hand firmly press against the more painful area of her abdomen which ignited the pain again. Despite Sly's concoction, there wasn't much which could block out what she felt from Skylar's rather helpful addition. For only a few moments, she tried to push back against Sly's arm, her hand firmly tightening against his own as a partially strangled cry of pain came from her. She could feel the warmth of Skylar's magic against her skin, but the pressure against her wasn't something that Lexia could tolerate for long. Her metallic arm moved- aimed to hit Skylar square in the face. It hit nothing but air as Skylar simply lowered her form and, moments after the action, she pulled her hand away.

"That's one way to show gratitude." Skylar said dryly, as Lexia pressed her hand against the same sore spot. With a sigh, Skylar shook her head. "I've done what I can, that should help, even if it's just a little bit. I can do it again somewhat soon, but... That'd be frustrating for us all if it doesn't work." Skylar sighed, before moving away from Lexia, eyes locking onto Sly's. "What herbs work best for this sort of thing- you seem to know your stuff, so I might be able to... Obtain some of them." The sympathy was rather evident in her voice as she watched Lexia partially pull away from Sly and curl up slightly around where Sky had forced her hand upon her.

Maybe she was a little too forceful, but she barely touched the skin.

Skylar wrote:Name: Healing gift
    Description: Skylar is able to place her hand on a wound and heal it. This is able to be seen by a pinkish coloured glow emanating from her hand.
    Strengths:
    -Heals D-ranked damage.
    -Leaves no scars or scabs after the healing time has passed.
    Weaknesses:
    -Requires physical contact with the wound to be able to heal it.
    -Can't heal anything over the D-ranked damage, heals only one D-ranked damage at any one time, (i.e; multiple D-rank injuries require multiple spells to heal).
    -Hiding becomes difficult while healing as the light it emits gives away her position.
    Duration: Instant
    Cooldown: 2 posts
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:27 am

He knew Lexia was not at all happy about the ordeal, her fidgeting and that glare towards Skylar were key signs. Like a pinned wolf, she growled almost at anything, even as he pressed his hand down on her shoulder. He swore she was about to take his arm off, but quickly realised that it was just him. And she somewhat calmed down as he grasped her hand afterwards. But he could feel her pulse on the wrist. She was certainly on edge and could lash out at any moment's notice. Skylar did not seem to have noticed the warnings, before she pressed, hard, against Lexia's belly.

Almost instantly Lexia jumped, almost at full strength, against his arm. It caught him offguard, and he quickly pressed her down again. More firmly, trying to ignore her pained cries. He could not imagine himself being one of those provoking her pain, pinning her down helpless as Skylar get away with whatever she was doing. He had hoped his concoction would have extended as far as to soothe her tender liver, but it was not the case. She squeezed his hand so hard, he could almost feel something giving way. Sly winced a little, his hand letting her go. No use keeping a grip on her if she was already trying to squeeze the life out of his hand like a snake to a prey.

Sly stiffened, seeing her other arm not suppressed. The robotic arm of all things! He should have held that one down instead. Almost helplessly he watched it turned to a fist and swung at Skylar. The latter did not change her expression, effortlessly, and with well-practised movements and grace, dodged every blow. Thank goodness. If she decided to lash at Sly instead, he doubted he could stand one punch before being blown back and off her.

It felt like this had been going on for hours. His arms bruised, weary from holding her down, when Skylar showed that she had finished. He was relieved at first. Then stiffened at the words that he did not want to hear. Even Skylar could not heal a failing liver? Instead, just like his concoction, she only gave her a period of relief. She turned to Sly, and asked for his opinion on the appropriate herbs.

Sly sighed a little. Thinking about them, the first thing he thought of was how expensive they were, and rightfully so. They don't grow just anywhere, and anyone would have better luck finding them in the black markets for ridiculous prices. Mayhap Skylar had the money for it. She did offer to go find it herself. Splenurst ginseng root. Unless you want to travel to the otherside of the world, you can find them in the black markets here. Several stalls sell them, just look for any of them with herbs dangling in the front. Sly sat beside Lex, and gently helped her sit up if she wanted to. Of course, if she was about to experience another wince of pain again, he would quickly stop and rest her back on the bed with an apology. That is the expensive option of course. How long do we have?
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

Post by Lexia Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:26 am

Lexia winced a little when Sly tried to pull her upright instead of just letting her lay there to even try and recollect herself. Without too much resistance, he pulled her upright and she leaned against his side, her head resting against her shoulder. Sure, the numbing agent worked to a degree... But she wondered idly if it had been too dilute to actively numb it completely. For a few moments, she closed her eyes, simply listening to her surroundings.

"Long enough."

"Truly though, you have expensive tastes. That being said, it shouldn't take me too long to grab, I know where they sell that sort of thing."
    Skylar said, before giving a short nod. "I'll be back shortly," She began, before giving Sly a bit of a frown. He let her go that easily? That was... Odd, in Skylar's eyes. Inwardly she shrugged, before she turned around. With a smirk, she walked over towards the window, pushing it open rather easily. With a small chuckle, she looked back towards Sly. "Do me a favour, keep this open." She asked with a small smirk on her face. With that, she leaped through the window, and with a small squawk and mighty flap of her wings, she vanished into the night.

"I didn't think I'd... be able to hurt you through my grip... Sorry... Sly." Lexia said quietly, a small groan coming from her as she tried to speak so readily. With a small sigh, she cracked her eyes open a little. Through the slightly unfocused vision though, something caught her eye moreso than anything else in that room. Across the floor to the dented flask. "W... what is the story behind that?" She asked, making a somewhat vague gesture to the flask. However, something... Something in the back of her mind was chewing at her memories.

Blue eyes, red eyes... A wolf, but the cold steel of another. She sighed. She'd never grasp it when her body was almost throbbing in pain.
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:21 am

He was not at all convinced with Skylar's response to his question. But no matter, time was of an essence. Sly hoped she knew that when she gestured to the window. He shrugged when she said he had expensive taste. Not his fault that the best herbs were sold at that sort of price. And it was not like he had private compounds of his own to grow them like a farm. Although the idea of such sounded a bit attractive, living a simple life out in the countryside. True, he had little choice than to live in a basic apartment like this, but he had to admit, some of Master Horus' luxury had rubbed off on him.

As Skylar pushed open the windows, it uttered a hollow screech, like it had not been open for many years. But the sound was at least bearable. Sly huffed a sigh, remembering even the r20 rapier he once had. It would have been better than what he was stuck with; an ancient bronze rapier bought from an antique shop. Behind the window was a fly screen. He would be surprised if it was still intact considering the state of the building. Anyone could crawl through it. Shame it was no longer burglar proof. Sly shrugged his shoulders when Skylar insisted him to keep it open, before the woman disappeared with several flaps and a squawk.

I have to admit, Sly said. You sure know how to pick your friends. When Lexia apologised for her grip, his hand stung a little. He tested his hand with a few clenches, but there was nothing to worry about. He snorted a little, smiling. Please, I may be scrawny but I am not that weak. At the mention of the flask, Sly went over to pick it up. It was still heavy with the water inside as he twisted it around, looking at every dent that it had endured. Returning to the bed, he gave it to her. Just in case he supposed. Either for thirst or memory.

Well, it was a memento of our travels. Back when we first met, we ventured into Temporal Ruins to find the hidden artefacts deep within its walls. We weren't alone, there were soldiers from higher authority figures wanting claim the items themselves. And... Sly drifted in thought. He wanted to talk about Nithya, but in the same time, not. There was his sketch in his book. A way to retain memories of him, but surely she had seen it already. We were also guided by a foenix. You know, a dog with feathers. Heck, even my memories are vague on what happened. We did retrieve the artefacts. An hourglass for me, and... a stone for you. I think there was a flooding. A helicopter trying to kill us, and we tried to escape on both Nithya and Mirage. Oh wait, you were already unconscious then I think. Sly pressed the heel of his hand to his forehead, his teeth aching from how he was clenching them hard. Oh yeah, and we had our Last Stand in a courtyard. There was a dragon then. It was mine. Was. I won't be able to make her anymore even if you begged. She took us in the safety of her bosom and flew us out of there. Sly then pointed several indents around the memento. That's the story of those dents. The rest, he chuckled lightly. Well, if only they were as heart-racing as that.
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

Post by Lexia Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:31 am

The moment he left her side, Lexia leaned forward a little to rest against her knees. She didn't want to admit it, not verbally at least,that it almost felt wrong for the other man to be away from her. Was that such a wrong feeling? She felt that it was, especially because she... Barely knew him, remembered him, but... Everything he had been saying, everything rung true in her mind. It made sense, which was seldom the case around here as she found out. He picked up the flask, before appearing back next to her. Again, she couldn't help herself as she leaned against his side and shoulder, eyes a little closed as she gazed upon the flask. She held it firmly in her steel hand, the other tracing each and every contour which it had. The dents. The damage. Some of it was familiar.

Sly slowly recounted the story of how the flask became damaged, but he was struggling with parts of it, like he was trying to grab at fading strings. With a small frown pulling on her face, Lexia paused for a few long moments. "Nithya... He was my pet, wasn't he? But... Why do I... Know him as something that came back to haunt us?" She asked quietly, her mind still painting and recounting fragments of memory which lined up with what he was saying. The clockwork beast. The helicopters.

Hang on, didn't she get shot back then too?

That memory quickly was dashed from her mind. Although, that being said, one word caused more of a stir in her memory. One single word. It took her several long moments before she was able to figure out just what that was. "Sly... Who was Mirage? I remember... The clockwork wolf... But she was there, even if only for a few moments before she vanished again. I just.." Lexia sighed, the world suddenly seeming to have dropped all its worry, weight and anxiety on her shoulders. Closing them once more, she gave a very heavy sigh, her shoulders sinking as her expression turned incredibly downcast.

For once in her lifetime, she was admitting defeat. The next word that left her mouth was nothing more than a mere whisper.

"Nevermind.."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:31 am