Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Unknown Lands

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! Your last visit was . You have made 118 posts! Please welcome our newest member, Amaihana!

Fragments [Private, Lexia]

Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

I Need A Medic! Gravestone THIS IS MADNESS! The Giving Tree

Lineage : The Forgesmith
    Position : None
    Origin : Urban City
    Sacred Shards : 2
    Class : C
    Level : 11
    Experience : 505

Fragments [Private, Lexia] - Page 3 Empty Re: Fragments [Private, Lexia]

Post by Sly Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:43 pm

He noticed her reaching her finger to each of the dents of the flask - or some of it. Perhaps it was working, that how they came to be had reawaken something hidden in her memories. There was no bewilderment in her eyes, but they still seemed distant. Still deep in thought. Sly figured she would not notice if he tried to wave a hand in front of her, or even get her attention with a cough. He tried to hold off the warm flush heading to his cheeks when she leaned against him, her soothing warmth washing over him, almost taking him off his concentration and looking to comfort her. When she spoke again, it was about Nithya. Hearing that name again weighed heavily on his heart. The final moments with him back at the temporal ruins, when he was turned into one of the guardians. Perhaps it was better than having Nithya alive now, wondering where did his companions went, having to suffer a broken heart for the rest of his life.

However, something troubled him. An aspect of Nithya was... haunting them? Mayhap she was referring to Mirage. He had to admit the two looked very similar, especially when the two were forced to put Nithya to rest. And as if she read his mind, she suddenly asked him about Mirage. Of course. Maybe she could help recover some of Lexia's memories. But then again, he just had to have the misfortune of losing his ability to conjure anymore of his spirits. Still he had yet to figure out the source, or how to recall them. But now, he had to think of something else. Silently cursing between his teeth, he then remembered the sketchbook, and turned around a bit to fetch it out of the shelves. He flipped through the pages, all of them he was sure she had seen, until he stopped on a wolf - with a phoenix on the other page. Despite her being a clockwork wolf, Sly managed to redraw her looking like a real wolf, mayhap the form she once had when she walked among the living. She looked like a real wolf, but if the two looked closer, Sly had left a few obvious plates and gears sticking out of her, a reminder of what Mirage had become and chosen to become.

Sly remained quiet, letting the picture speak the thousand words to Lex.
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

LET IT BURN! The Water Within Terraforming Fragments [Private, Lexia] - Page 3 Empty

Lineage : Genbu, The Black Tortoise
    Sacred Shards : 51
    Class : B
    Level : 50
    Experience : 5180

Post by Lexia Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:10 am

Unbeknown to Sly, she hadn't flicked through all of the pages which was given in the sketchbook. However, the page that he opened to was new to her and she couldn't help it when her breath caught in her throat. The details, down to the last inch of her fur and the tiny plates which were there in her fur. She couldn't help a smile build on her face, a weak one it was, but at the same time, it was fond. Something that she couldn't ever forget, despite everything else which she had forgotten about her own self. Her finger lifted, tracing lightly over the edges of her 'fur', or the small plates which looked as such. To Lexia, Mirage was all but one thing.

Absolutely gorgeous.

"What's happened to her, you normally are able to create her... If.." She trailed off, suddenly unsure of whether she had accidentally spoken out of turn at one point or another. However, before either could utter a word, a series of harsh flapping sounds could be heard - right before claws scrapped against the paint and clasped over the windowsill. In her beak was the handle of a fabric bag, which she skillfully flicked into the room, landing it on the bed, before she stepped back in. Her normal appearance quickly took over again, and she gave a small groan, stretching her back out a little.

It was clear why she had returned, the bag almost stinking of what Sly had told her to get. And that was exactly what she did, she managed to snag almost a dozen of the things which Sly had told her about.

But the expression on her face was almost a tell tale sign of how much that actually cost.

And it was almost an arm and a leg in price, but it was worth it if it'd help.
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:12 am

His heart sunk a little again when she brought it up. Mirage. The tragic spirit who died from a broken heart, protecting her pup in vain. Back in their realm, he was able to conjure her at will and at any time, almost like a pet responding to a whistle. Yet those days were long gone, and instead, all he had was a timepiece and perhaps a severed link between it and the wolf. If he had to be honest, he was unsure if he could summon her at all. What held her to the timepiece was... Creation. And now that Creation was extracted from the timepiece, and that they were no longer in their realm, there was no telling what effects it would have to the device. Perhaps it was now too apparent. That it was now reduced to nothing more than a device designed to tell time and placement of the constellations.

Thankfully, he did not need to answer her. The moment he opened his mouth, unsure of what to utter from his throat, something landed upon the windowsill. A large bird, almost making Sly jump and grab the flask to try and shoo it away. But then, the colouration was what reminded him of who it was, and he settled down with a flush all over his body. A sack landed on his lap, the bitter and earthy scent immediately blasting his nose. Opening it, he instantly knew what they were. Splenurst ginseng roots. And a whole bag of them. This must have cost a fortune! How did Skylar get all the money to pay for such?

Without wasting anymore time, he patted Lex's hand and got up from the bed. I will be right back, he said softly before darting to the kitchen. Immediately his heart raced, for a moment his mind scrambled with multiple things to do at once. He recollected himself, and started with reboiling the water, then chopping a root into paper thin slices. They were slightly irregular, much to his dismay. He gritted his teeth. Although they were still fine enough, Lexia would have scolded him if she were standing right next to him - and if she remembered how she had trained him how to cook. The Splenurst tea was rather easy to make. He just needed to ground the root into paste and mix it with the water. Then again, he needed something else aside from sparkling water to help her drink the damn thing. Herbs? Fruit? Honey?

Honey.

Of course! Heading to the pantry, he found his jar of honey, fresh from a certain beekeeper whose bees harvested from a particular flower of interest. He just needed a spoonful, and he mixed it in. Then he added a few small apple slices, the mix of apple and the ginger taste of the Splenurst ginseng should couple well together, as well as the sweet honey against the bitterness. He hoped Lexia would be proud of this concoction, before he served the steaming tea to her.
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

LET IT BURN! The Water Within Terraforming Fragments [Private, Lexia] - Page 3 Empty

Post by Lexia Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:05 am

The moment Sly left the room with the bag, Skylar gave a nod to him. She quickly took a seat on the opposite side to where he was sitting on the bed with Lexia, her arm moving to press lightly against her back. Lexia's face was a rather unusual distortion of pain and discomfort, but before Sly left, she took the image of Mirage from him, placing it on her lap so that she could continue to study it. The depth of detail that he had gone to astounded her, and she continued to trace the lines, lightly leaning back against Skylar's arm for support. It ached Lexia to practically do anything, but she ignored the horrid feeling as best as she could. Instead, she focused on the rather odd sounds of Sly's knife chipping against the board, something boiling... What was he doing?

The question was answered mere moments later when she was presented with a cup of hot tea, the steam wafting over her nose. Skylar almost recoiled from it, but seeming Sly was back, she tried to keep her distance as much as she could. The sketchbook was taken from her by Sky as the female also helped Lexia position so that she had her back against the wall. Moments later, Sly passed her the scalding hot tea. "Thank you..." She said in regards to them both, before, as quickly as she could manage it, she began to drink the rather... Sweet tasting liquid which helped the other powerful flavours go down.

Was that honey in there?

How would she know if this worked?

With an internal shrug, she began to slowly drink it, however, Skylar stood up, and walked towards the doorway, gesturing to Sly for him to follow. What she was going to say would be quick and brief, so that Skylar could get out of their hair- but also leave the rather ill patient in 'trustworthy' hands.
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:13 am

The tea had a certain aroma about it that made it feel like a certain sweet drink. If anything, it almost fooled Sly that this was not a medicinal drink that he was planning to give to Lex. Though she accepted the tea, as Skylar helped her up against the bed. At least Lex didn't grimaced on the first sip, and she was able to drink the whole thing down. He sighed a little in relief. Now all they could do was wait and let the Splenurst do its work in recovering her liver. At that moment, he saw the sketchbook being placed aside, and that he had noticed Skylar recoiling from the scent of the tea. It was... odd. But he just excused it as her having a sensitive nose.

The room fell silent for a brief moment, as Sly and Skylar waited for her to finish the drink. Skylar suddenly stood up, and with a wave of her hand, indicated for Sly to follow her towards the door. He blinked. Giving Lexia another look with a smile, he nodded to her before standing up himself, and he followed. He should not be surprised at this moment. Time and time again, this woman impressed him with whatever feats she had. Perhaps a worthy ally to have on their side in times of need, but in the same time, they should not over-burden her.

Sly sat on the couch, his timepiece in his hands. Just a regular habit of his whenever he sat down for an interrogation or meeting of some kind. He did not know why, but the nervousness and his timid-self from when he was serving Master Horus had always clasped the timepiece in a similar manner. He had already outgrown his weakness, but not so much with how he was showing it. I umm... I want to thank you for bringing the roots. They must have cost a fortune. If there is anything I can do to pay you back... he looked away a little nervously. What was he saying? He did not have the money to pay her back, and neither did he have the strength to help her in any way. Sly bit the bottom of his lip. The worse that could happen was owing a debt which he could not repay but a lifetime of servitude or something as worse as that.

Umm... what is it that you need?
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

Post by Lexia Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:08 pm

Thankfully, Sly understood the message which Skylar was trying to subtly give him. Lexia kept slowly drinking the tea, with each mouthful, her face partially screwed due to the heat as well as its rather odd taste. Even with the honey, not all of the... Other substances were overwhelmed by it.

Skylar gave a small laugh as Sly thanked her for the roots. She casually waved her hand, as if to both clear the air and say that it was alright. But she confirmed it with her next words regardless. "The cost is nothing compared to making sure she lives, she seems like a rather nice person, in her own way. It's just a shame that she can't remember much... However, around you, she does seem to have a bit more of a spark of light in her eyes." Skylar gave him a warm smile, "You have no reason to pay me back. She's a friend, and that's what other friends are for, if you understand what I'm saying." She laughed gently, her smile still on her face as if to try and ebb away his nerves.

Then she sighed with his question. This was going to be the hard part.

"Honestly though," Skylar began, her voice dropping to a near whisper, a quiet voice so that Lexia would not hear her, "I need you, if at all possible, to take Lexia in. I don't even know where she stays, where she lives, but right now, being by herself is the last thing that she needs. She's sick, and well, I think that if she stays here, she will be in good hands. It's just, well... You know, if you would be okay with her staying with you, regardless of if she remembers you clearly or not. I really, really do think it would be a wise idea and decision if she would have the chance to be able to stay here to recover." Skylar paused, her teeth gently chewing on her lower lip.

"I know it's a lot to ask... She has no one else. I would take her in, but, my own quests would stop me dead in my tracks from being able to stay with her and give her the medications she's going to need. That's why I grabbed so many, from a few different stores too... I didn't want to, well... Not have enough for her."
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:24 pm

It had been a while since he came across someone not needing anything in return for a service. The feeling still felt a bit strange in him, the bitter aftertaste of still having something owed to her. He tried not to let it get to his mind, remembering all the old times when he was in his old realm. Thoughts of what was his previous home left him heavy still, as he pondered at this very moment how everyone in his guild were fairing without them. He could imagine the panic they would be in, frantically searching for them. And eventually coming to terms that they were really gone for good and, perhaps, would not be able to come back. Even with Lexia being with him in this new world, he still felt very much alone. She could not remember him, or anything that they had done together. However, Skylar's words reminded him the bit of hope that he had, that her memories were slowly recovering.

And then, that was when she told him to have Lexia stay with him. Sly frowned a little towards her, even as she spoke her reasons. He understood every word, and he had no qualms with having her stay here. It certainly was nothing like their old guild, but it was home nonetheless. It was rather small, and it was more suitable for one person living in here, but he was able to make do. He could let Lexia sleep on the bed and he settle with this couch. It would not be a problem for him. Both Lexia and Skylar were friends, but he knew it was starting to become worrisome if Skylar did not even know where Lexia was staying. Though judging her outfit, hygiene and smooth skin, he assumed she was staying at someplace.

Well, I will need to make a few changes here and there, but I think I will manage. He slowly clicked open and closed his timepiece, going deep in thought for a moment. If you don't mind me asking. How did you two meet?
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

Post by Lexia Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:16 pm

Skylar nodded, a small relief building in her chest when he accepted the task which she had given him. "Thank you, I know it's a lot to ask for, especially in a small place such as this, but it's going to be for her benefit. And maybe even your own, I can tell you seem a little... Well, lost here. But hey, at least you have someone here who is actually from your realm of existence. Unlike me... I don't have anyone at all, I was sent here alone. Well, at least, as far as I know." Skylar gave a small shrug, before smiling at him. "To be honest, we met in a random square sort of thing, I was sitting at a bench and, well... She came over to see if I was alright because of the expression on my face. Apparently I looked incredibly troubled. Then we went and had lunch too." She grinning a little more at that, before laughing gently.

However, the laughter was a little nervous too.

"But regardless, I'm going to have to leave you guys here, after all, twos are company, three is a crowd." Skylar gave Sly a knowing wink, before she hummed and walked back into the room where Lexia was drinking her tea. Surprisingly, she'd managed to have around half of it, and currently had her hands wrapped around the warm cup, steam still spewing from the top. "You take care of yourself now, because I really do have to get a move on. Sly, if you need anything, come and find me, or at least try to." I could be dead by the time you need me though, if everything goes badly.

Lexia gave Skylar a small smile. "I'll try, Sky." Lexia responded, before taking another sip of the tea. The warmth it still offered soothed her rancid tasting mouth and throat, and in its place, the honey and other... Things within it were beginning to work their magic. With a nod of her head, Skylar let herself out- through the window once more and all they heard were the wingbeats as she left. Lexia gave a small laugh, before bringing the cup back to her mouth for another sip.

"She... Truly is a strange one... I wonder if you'll see her again any time soon."
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:18 am

He sort of planned to take Lex's contact details anyways, about where they could meet every week and such. But having her stay here was perhaps better. Maybe they could work together with odd missions and any sort of crisis this world would fall into. Mayhap find a better place to stay in than this place, much like their home. And even start a cafe again. Just like what they did when they were in their realm. It was a shame really. He was looking forward to a retirement and an easier life without all the bloodshed and risks of losing his life. Such a life did not suit Lexia, but she would not mind continuing her missions while passing by his place. But now, it seemed they were almost back to square one. Literally for Sly, as he squeezed his timepiece.

Before Sly could say anything to Skylar, she was already in the bedroom with Lexia. Rather unfortunate. He could have offered Skylar a place to stay here in this apartment. The unit next door was recently vacated and the rent was not at all high. Since the three were literally outcasts to this realm, they could have stayed together and help one another when needed. It would be better than having to risk his life in the alleyways trying to find her. But still, she had to do what she had to do, and it would be unbecoming of a gentleman to refuse her resolve.

Once Skylar had left, Sly went back into the bedroom to sit beside Lex. How are you feeling now? He asked, seeing that she was halfway through the tea. At this point, her liver should be detoxing the alcohol by now and slowly recover to what it was. Hopefully. And well, she is your friend after all and we are all literally misfits in this new world. I have a good feeling we will see her again. Mayhap we will be stronger by then. Wishful thinking. His voice betrayed his stoic expression, as he stared at his timepiece. Then it occurred to him that he should be checking the time, and he flipped the device open.

To anyone else used to seeing a clock, it would be difficult for them to decipher what time it was from just the small clockwork orbs that reflect the celestial objects in the sky. Sly only needed to see the 'sun' and their 'world', and to know where their city is at. It was midway between the darkened borders. Past midnight.

We should get some rest.
    Lexia
    Lexia
    Magikarp VIP

Post by Lexia Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:37 am

The bed sank a little as Sly sat back down, and Lexia quickly adjusted her hands to ensure the delicious liquid wouldn't be spilt. With a weak smile, she looked towards him before giving a small nod. "I'm... Feeling much better after this." She said gently, glancing back at the warm drink as she took another sip. However, afterwards, she pulled a small face. "I just don't know if I can finish this, especially considering everything else I have had." She sighed, lowering it to rest against her lap, metallic hand tapping against her leg slightly. "Just... Can I have this cold? Or must it all be consumed now... I mean, I might wake up throughout the night and have some, I just can't have more now..."

Apologetically, she quietened down a little. That was, until Sly made his comment about seeing her again. Lexia gave a short nod, maybe they would be. But maybe Lexi might not recover and she wouldn't be there, who knew? A few moments later, Sly flicked open his pocket watch, light spilling into the air. Tilting her head a little to the side, she looked at it for a few moments. "12:18?" Lexia asked gently, before frowning. "It's... Later than I thought, you're probably right..." Then she paused.

How did she know what the time was after seeing those images?

Reaching out, she set the cup of tea at the edge of his bookshelf. Bracing herself for a few moments, Lexia swallowed a little before she tried to shift herself towards the edge of the bed. Then she stopped for a few moments, hissing a little through her teeth. Although Sly's medicines worked, it still didn't block out all of what she felt. She gritted her teeth lightly, metal hand clenching around the edge of the bed as it gave a warning creak, the somewhat older and flimsy material almost wanting to break, and she didn't even notice she was doing it.
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:39 pm

He added a lot of Splenurst ginseng in the tea that it should really take only a few sips to ingest all that was needed for the liver to start healing. There was no harm and drinking more, only just that the rest would come out the other end as everyday business everyone had to do every once in a while. Unless they just like drinking many things. You don't need to finish it, he answered her, after checking just how much she had drank. But feel free to set it by the bed and drink from it throughout the night if you wish. It should be cold then. The tea would taste... weird, if it was allowed to cool. Not in the sense that it would go off, but just that it would not feel quite right. But everyone had their preference.

What surprised him the most was her being able to tell the time from his timepiece. Instinctively he nodded to her, and a second later, stiffened. Of course. She knew how to tell back then when they were at their world. He taught her how. It was difficult to read and would, no doubt, take anyone several attempts to understand what the timepiece was telling them. Even longer to memorise it to the point that it would take just a single glimpse to know the exact time. The key was both in approximation of the celestial objects, and how the symbols of the dials were glowing. She didn't question it, but her eyes told him otherwise, before she decided to settle to sleep. Or at least tried to. So much had happened in this one night that he could not imagine what was circling in her mind right now. Even Sly doubted himself he would be able to sleep, even if he was about to collapse at any moment.

Opening the wardrobe, he took out a neatly folded blanket, a bit dusty from sitting in there for the entire warm season. Then he heard the creaking bed and smiled a little. It always does that. Don't worry, it won't break. It's a little stiff but pretend its like the one in- he immediately stopped himself there. Why would she know where they were from or even the name of their guild. What's more, Lexia had already taken enough in her mind. Last thing he wanted was to overwhelm her. The worst of the pain had passed. Let your body rest so the medicine could take care of the rest. And... he shrugged a little, looking to the side, ...see you in the morning.

With that, if she had anymore questions, he would swiftly answer them, before closing the bedroom door. Closing the lights, he settled onto the couch, facing the small window on the other side of the room. Just as he thought, the moment he lied down, he was wide awake with a restless mind. But in the end, Lexia was here now. And he was not alone - in a sense. He just needed to overcome the barrier that was her amnesia. Deeper inside him, he was at the very least glad. With that bit of peace of mind, he tried to close his eyes and get some sleep, ignoring the muffled beeping and screaming from some troublemakers off in the distance.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:02 am