Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Unknown Lands

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! Your last visit was . You have made 118 posts! Please welcome our newest member, Amaihana!

Job: 'Haunted' Mansion (Malm and Bea)

Timmir
    Timmir

The Giving Tree I Need A Medic! Ooh Shiny! Job: 'Haunted' Mansion (Malm and Bea) Empty
    There Can Be Only One

Lineage : Legend's Trio, Phoenix Fire
    Position : None
    Origin : De Fiore
    Sacred Shards : 2
    Class : C
    Level : 10
    Experience : 680

Character Sheet
    Character Name: Malm Korlif
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Primary Magic: Balance of Nature

Job: 'Haunted' Mansion (Malm and Bea) Empty Job: 'Haunted' Mansion (Malm and Bea)

Post by Timmir Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:26 am

It was late at night when two figures reached the mansion. "Well we finally made it." Mouse stated as she looked over the mansion in front of them. From the looks of it alone, this place had to have costed a pretty penny.

She then looked over at Malm to see that he wasn't looking at the mansion, but instead up at the stars. "Hey. Is everything alright?" Mouse asked getting a little worried. This was very unlike him.

"Huh... Uhh... No. Nothings the matter. Nothing at all." Malm responed quickly as he shook his head. He was such a horrible liar. "So uhh... What are we doing all the way out here again?" Malm then asked in an obvious to change the subject.

Yet Mouse decided not to call him out on it. They had more important things for them to do and whatever is bothering the Nature mage can wait til later. "The job is simply. The man who owns this house believes it's haunted. So he wants us to stay the night and check it out." Mouse informed Malm once again.

"Okay. So we should prepare to deal with ghosts then?"

"I highly doubt that'll be necessary. From what I could gather, unlike Fiore, ghosts are just a mere myth in this kingdom. So unless something travelled all the way through Pandora to get here, then this 'ghost' problem is most likely just his imagination. We just need to stay the night to assure him just that."

"Oh... Okay then." Malm said before noticing something, "Wait a second. Why did you decide to come along then? Your not planning on robbing this man now are you?"

"Oi. I resent that. If you must know, I'm not one to turn done being payed for simply staying the night at a mansion. It's a win win win situation in my eyes." Mouse defended.

"Sure it is." Malm replied not completely convinced. Mouse was up to something, he was sure.
    PhoenixRises101
    PhoenixRises101
    Magikarp VIP

LET IT BURN! THIS IS MADNESS! I Need A Medic! Gravestone

Lineage : The Forgesmith
    Sacred Shards : 11
    Level : 50
    Experience : 6025

Character Sheet
    Character Name:
    Alignment: Neutral
    Primary Magic:

Job: 'Haunted' Mansion (Malm and Bea) Empty Re: Job: 'Haunted' Mansion (Malm and Bea)

Post by PhoenixRises101 Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:38 pm

Jon Info:

A black haired woman walked silently through the streets of Kai on the way to her towards a client's house. The woman glanced down at the piece of paper she held on her hands. It had been quite amusing to hear that a ghost of sorts occupied the habitant's home. It was true that Kai held a mystery to it, but, as far as she knew, the kingdom did not inhabit any phantasms. "Just a simply job," she muttered to herself. "Stay a night and that is all there is to it." Beatrice sighed and sped up her pace. It was getting late. She had made sure to leave home stocked with food and the place well prepared. She knew how much Ramen hated to clean. A warm smile spread accross her face as her thoughts turned to her husband. Life had surely been good to her. A few minutes later, Bea could see the looming mansion before her. She winced before walking through the gates and towards the door. Beatrice never did like to see mansions. The freedom fighter had not gotten far when her eyes widened and she stopped short in her tracks. "M-Malm..?" She called out towards the figure already there. She saw another figure, a rabit, besides him. Someone she had seen quite frequently at the Nox Animus guildhall when she was hired by her daughter as an informat yet never talked to. She thought back, trying to recall her name but it never came. She shrugged it off and neared the two. "I cant believe this..." she grinned. "Alexei would be overjoyed to see you, Malm. It has been a while." Bea smiled at Malm. He certainly hadn't changed. Still, it was too early to tell. "What brings you here?"
    Timmir
    Timmir

The Giving Tree I Need A Medic! Ooh Shiny! Job: 'Haunted' Mansion (Malm and Bea) Empty
    There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Job: 'Haunted' Mansion (Malm and Bea) Empty Re: Job: 'Haunted' Mansion (Malm and Bea)

Post by Timmir Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:45 pm

As the conversation between the two ended, their attention was drawn by a familiar voice calling out to Malm by name. Malm turned to see a familiar face that he hasn't seen in years. It was surprising for him to see Bea all the way out here. Sure because of Aknaid he was aware that she had survived the war, but he had expected that if they were to cross paths again, it would be back on Fiore.

"We're here to help the man at this house. I'm guessing it's the same reason your here?" Malm said with a smile. It would be great to be able to catch up with Bea after all this time. Though he probably shouldn't get his hopes just yet seeing how there was a chance there was another reason she was all the way out here.

Malm's eyes then looked over at Mouse as he realized that two probably don't know each other yet. "Oh... Yeah. Mouse this is..."

"I know who she is." Mouse interrupted as she thought back to her days in Nox Animas, "If I remember correctly. I overheard Yuna call you Bea once. Correct?"

Malm blinked after hearing that realization before returning his attention back on Bea. "Uhh... Anyways. It's great to see you again Bea. It's definitely been a long time." He said as he rubbed the back of his head with a smile on his face.
    PhoenixRises101
    PhoenixRises101
    Magikarp VIP

Character Sheet
    Character Name:
    Primary Magic:

Post by PhoenixRises101 Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:40 pm

After a few moments, Beatrice stood in front of the steps before the two figures. "We're here to help the man at this house. I'm guessing it's the same reason your here?" Malm said with a smile. "Yes, Ramen spoke of this small mission so I came here to investigate." She said looking towards the client's door then towards the female trying to recall her name. Malm's eyes then looked over at Mouse. "Oh... Yeah. Mouse this is..." He began. Mouse... How could she forget the name? "I know who she is." Mouse interrupted, "If I remember correctly. I overheard Yuna call you Bea once. Correct?" Bea gave a slight nod. "Yes. Beatrice Fighter or Bea T. A pleasure to properly meet you." Bea smiled warmly in greeting."Uhh... Anyways. It's great to see you again Bea. It's definitely been a long time." He said as he rubbed the back of his head with a smile on his face. Bea nodded in agreement and walked up the steps. "Yes it has been," She said. She rang the doorbell. "Hopefully we'll be able to catch up." Bea grinned. She had found her old team again after three years. She wondered how they were  doing. Thankfully, she had been given the opportunity to catch up with one.
    Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:11 am

"That'll be nice." Malm said with a grin. Yet as Bea rang the doorbell to the house, Malm's attention seemed to drift back towards the sky. What could possibly be up there that has his attention so much?

Well whatever it was, Malm's attention towards the skies wasn't kept long when he heard the door open. There he saw a man that looked to be about in his late 20's, early 30's. Despite his age though, the only hair on the man's head was a black goatee along with a pencil thin mustache. The man's eyes twitch between the three wizards that were there.

"Who are you? What do you want?" He asked in a paranoid fashion.

"Uhh... Sir. We're here for the flier you sent out about your house being haunted." Malm said as he decided to take the lead on this one.

"You are?" He said in hopeful tone as he looked at the group one more time. However he grimaced as a thought came to his mind, "How do I know none of you are ghosts?" He asked as he half hid himself behind his door.

"Sir. Do you honestly think that the ghosts haunting you would disguise themselves as two young adults and a four foot tall bunny rabbit?" Malm asked right before suddenly being punched in the jaw by an angry Mouse. She wasn't going to just sit back and let that bunny rabbit comment just slid. Not that Malm fully understood that just yet.

Here's hoping Bea could take it from here while Malm recovers from the attack.

((Just so you know, you can RP the owner in your post too if you want.))
    PhoenixRises101
    PhoenixRises101
    Magikarp VIP

Character Sheet
    Character Name:
    Primary Magic:

Post by PhoenixRises101 Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:48 pm

A minute had passed since she had rung the doorbell when the door slowly creaked open. A handsome young man appeared. The man, unmistakenly the client, poked his head out of the door. "Who are you? What do you want?" He asked in a paranoid demeanor. "Uhh... Sir. We're here for the flier you sent out about your house being haunted." Malm said as he took charge of the situation. Beatrice didn't mind. She just stayed back and listened. "You are?" The man asked hopefully before another thought crossed his mind. "How do I know none of you are ghosts?" He asked as he half hid himself behind his door. "Sir. Do you honestly think that the ghosts haunting you would disguise themselves as two young adults and a four foot tall bunny rabbit?" That was the last thing Bea heard from Malm before he was punched by his rather angry companion. She made a mental note of never calling the young woman a rabbit, despite it being what she was. "What my comrade means is that we are just "normal" people like you." She sighed and looked at him straight in the eyes. "Although, if you do not wish to get to the bottom of your small ghost problem, then we we shall leave." That seemed to snap something in the man's mind. He panicked. "Don't leave!" He opened the door fully to usher them in. "Please. Come in."

Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:12 am

"Thank you sir." Malm said before he entered the house with Mouse while he held his right hand on the spot where Mouse punched him. Yet, despite having been punched in the face, his attitude didn't seem to change at all from his normally calm self.

Inside, the group would find themselves standing in a grand hall. In front of them is a set of stairs that split off in two different directions before joining back together up in the second floor. Adorning these stairs were dull metal railings that had simple, yet intricate designs on them. To the left of the group was single shut door, and to the right was an open one that led to a darkened room where the ticking of a clock could be heard from. Above them was a lovely brass chandelier that appeared to somehow lit the rest of the room. Other then this, the hall remained mostly sparce, with only a few decorations along the walls.

Once they were all inside, the man would shut the door. "Please wait here for while I go and make sure the guest rooms are in order. I'll be back with you in a few." He then told them before he went to go up the flight of stairs.

"Okay." Malm said to the man, wishing the man would stay for a little while longer so they could ask him some questions abput these 'ghosts' so they had a better idea what they were dealing with. It seems like those questions were just going to have to wait til the man returns. "Hey uhh... Bea? I'm sorry to ask you this after we just met back up and all, but could you tell me how bad it seems she punched me?" Malm then asked as he removed his hand from his jaw, revealing a nasty red mark that appeared to be slightly swollen where Mouse had punched him. Thankfully nothing seemed to be broken though.
    PhoenixRises101
    PhoenixRises101
    Magikarp VIP

Character Sheet
    Character Name:
    Primary Magic:

Post by PhoenixRises101 Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:39 pm

Bea entered the apartment with a slight nod to the client. Her eyes scanned the luxurious hall she now found herself in. Nothing but her eyes showed any emotions towards it, disapproval. "Please wait here while I go and make sure the guest rooms are in order. I'll be back with you in a few." The man's voice said, bringing her back into reality. She frowned. Well then, she thought. "Okay." Malm said to the man before turning to her. "Hey uhh... Bea? I'm sorry to ask you this after we just met back up and all, but could you tell me how bad it seems she punched me?" Bea rose an eyebrow. What was there to apologize for? Bea gently took ahold of his chin and moved it so she could see it in better light. The red mark had already begun to change color. "It's not dislocated. A good sign." Despite it being a comrade and friend who had been hurt, Bea had to admit Mouse had won respect points with the punch. The hit had been a good one despite it being a spur of the moment thing. "You'll need to place ice against it to numb the pain of it..." She murmered out loud as she further inspected the red imprint the female had left upon his jaw. "If possible, even search for a sort of gel or cream to massage it or you'll wake up with an even more swollen jaw..." She let go of his chin. "We'll ask the client if he has anything for it." As if on cue, the man reappeared. "I'm sorry for keeping you waiting." The client said apologetically. "Not a problem," Bea said. "But, before we delve into the topic of ghosts and, if I may be so bold, do you have any ice?" She gestured towards Malm. "A soothing gel would also be useful if you have it." The man nodded and disappeared yet again. This time, it took but a moment for him to reappear again. "Shall we begin?" The client asked a bit unpatient. Bea nodded as she handed the ice pack to Malm and handed Mouse the gel. Mouse had caused the damage so it only felt suitable she fix it. Looking up at the client, she gave him her full attention. Now to hear out what the man had to say about the house.
    Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:06 am

"Huh?" Was Malm's initial reaction when Bea suggested they should ask their client if he had any ice and gel to help with the injury. It took him a second to fully process what she had suggested. Then the next thing he knew, she was asking the man just that. "Wait. You don't have to..." Malm tried to say, but the man was already gone.

Bea does remember I can use healing magic, right? Malm wondered with a small frown as he awaited for the mans return. It was their job to help the client, so he didn't feel right bothering him over a trivial matter like this. Well there wasn't anything he could do about it now.

The man returned with the ice and gel which Bea handed to Malm and Mouse respectively. "Uhh... Thanks." Malm said to the man as he was handed the ice pack, deciding that it was best that he didn't use his magic to heal himself. He didn't want to make the man feel like they had just pointlessly delayed what he was about to share. Mouse, meanwhile, remained silent as she was handed the gel. She understood why Bea handed her the gel, she just believed it was best for the client to tell his story without any interruptions. Besides, if the injury was really bothering Malm, it wasn't like he couldn't heal it himself anyways.

Having everyones attention, the man began. "I moved to this mansion about a month ago after my grandparents passed away. Since then, I've noticed several strange things occuring. Things not being where I left them at. Noises of someone walking through the mansion when I'm the only one who lives here. I've even seen the phantasms appear right outside my window." The man shivered at thought, "And if that isn't enough for you to believe me, every night at midnight I've been hearing a strange voice coming from somewhere on this floor. Yet when I go to check it out, I find no one there. How else is that even possible except for ghosts. So please, I'm begging you. Will you rid my house of these ghosts that are haunting me?"

"Well we will see what we can do. Right Mouse and Bea? Ow..." Malm told the man before putting the ice pack a little to roughly against his bruise. He remained doubtful that the this mansion was actually haunted. The client was probably just hearing and seeing things. Now if only they are able to prove this to him, perhaps he would finally be able sleep easy at night.

And if by chance there were actual ghosts haunting this place. Well... They'll just need to figure things out as they go along.
    PhoenixRises101
    PhoenixRises101
    Magikarp VIP

Character Sheet
    Character Name:
    Primary Magic:

Post by PhoenixRises101 Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:47 pm

Once the mages gave him their full attention, the man began his tale. "I moved to this mansion about a month ago after my grandparents passed away." The client began, "Since then, I've noticed several strange things occurring. Things not being where I left them at. Noises of someone walking through the mansion when I'm the only one who lives here. I've even seen the phantasms appear right outside my window." The man shivered at thought. "And if that isn't enough for you to believe me, every night at midnight I've been hearing a strange voice coming from somewhere on this floor. Yet when I go to check it out, I find no one there. How else is that even possible except for ghosts?" Beatrice sighed internally. The shadows could be children lurking outside or perhaps playing a prank on the man. The noises could simply be the metallic components within the house causing the noises and or perhaps animals would get in through an opening within the house walking around. She was doubtful of any spiritual building lurking about the house but she wouldn't tell her client that/ "So please," the man concluded. "I'm begging you. Will you rid my house of these ghosts that are haunting me?" Before she could speak, Malm spoke reassuring the man that they would find out what was going on. "Of course," Bea said looking straight at the man. "We shall uncover the mystery of the house and give you a full report in the morning." The man nodded worriedly. "Yes, yes, well i shall be going to the hotel now." The client said looking a bit desperately at his watch. "Help yourselves to anything in the house. Contact me if you need anything at all." He finished as he bowed in farewell. Once the man had left, Beatrice looked at her companions in question. She had to get one thing straightened out before they began their search. "Do you believe there are ghosts wandering about the house?" She awaited their response.
    Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:31 pm

Malm and Mouse gave a small nod as the man bid them farewell. Now it seems they are going to be all alone. While Mouse prefer that the man stayed as it would make their job proving to him that this house isn't haunted easier, she guessed it couldn't be helped. They will just have to stay the night and see if they could not explain the various of phenomena that happen in this house to him.

The two then turn as Bea asked if either of them believe this house was haunted. "Getting a little scared now Bea." She jokingly said with a small chuckle, "Don't worry. The chances of a ghost haunting this place is as likely as aliens deciding to take this house into space." She then paused for a moment, "Though I guess seeing which world were on, that wouldn't be to surprising. Yet the point still stands. There are no ghosts haunting this house."

Malm took a few steps to look around after Mouse said that. "Well... We'll just have to see about that. While you may claim there is no such thing as ghosts in this world, there's no telling what could have travel across Pandora and decided to call this place home." He told the other two, "Yet I think first thing first, we should get a lay of the land. See what exactly we're dealing with here. Any objections?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:45 am