Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Unknown Lands

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! Your last visit was . You have made 118 posts! Please welcome our newest member, Amaihana!

Burger flipping [D-rank solo]

Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

I Need A Medic! Gravestone THIS IS MADNESS! The Giving Tree

Lineage : The Forgesmith
    Position : None
    Origin : Urban City
    Sacred Shards : 2
    Class : C
    Level : 11
    Experience : 505

Burger flipping [D-rank solo] Empty Burger flipping [D-rank solo]

Post by Sly Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:10 pm

Admin wrote:Job Title: Burger Flipping
    Job Requirements: 2 Characters Max, 75 word Min. , 15 Posts ,
    Job Location: Urban City, Inner City
    Job Description: There's a restaurant up on the relaxing Sky Balcony of Urban City. The city manager threatens to close down the business if they don't make the place a little more upscale! It's up to you and other other cooks to create a new design and theme for the burger place, but don't spend too much time planning, you need to feed the hungry customers! (Resturant name, staff member names and owner names are all up to you to decide)

Reward:  D Class Reward Dice per character

--

Never had he thought to ever find himself standing upon the streets of Sky Balcony. It was not like the rest of the metropolis. In fact, it was rather bright and sunny here, the heat waves carrying a Summer-like feel to the city district. Sly was in his Tees as he wandered the street a little, not so much because of the unbearable heat. That was until he noticed a restaurant posting a strange sign on the window. PLEASE HELP. Odd.

That aside, the restaurant itself looked like a burger place. Fred’s Burgery. It was… decent. That was all Sly could say. Large window panels walled the place. Old style stools and cubicles filled the place, as well as pictures and advertisements that anyone would be familiar with if they still exist today. Sucking up the last of his milkshake, Sly paid his food and head off to the glass doors of the place to investigate.

--

WC: 156/75
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Burger flipping [D-rank solo] Empty Re: Burger flipping [D-rank solo]

The place was rather empty. There was a jukebox to the leftmost wall but it was not playing a single tune. Two customers were seated and eating, paying very little attention to the few waitresses that stood around. It was lunch hour, and this was supposed to be the most busiest few hours. Sly gritted his teeth, just as a waitress approached him. They were all dressed in a red uniform, as well as wearing a small cap.

“Hiiiiii” One would say in a… far too friendly manner. “Welcome to Fred’s Burgery. My name is Holly, and I will be your waitress. Would you like to have a seat?”

Uh. Sure. How very kind of you, Sly said as he was directed to one of the stools. The seat was rather comfortable and the place… well air conditioned.

--

WC: 138/75
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

“Would you like to start off with some drinks?”

Orange juice thanks. Actually, I’m ready to order. What do you recommend?

“Well,” Holly leaned down to reach the menu. She remained like this while she searched and explained some options, giving Sly almost a good view between her two mounds which he turned his cheek to. The scent of her perfume was overwhelming, and Sly was forgetting to listen to her. Luckily, he heard her last choice before she asked what would he like.

Umm… yeah. The Mega supreme pork burger meal thanks.

--

WC: 93/75
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:11 pm

The burger came out sitting on a chopping board, a pack of thick-cut chips on a metal bowl of some sorts. The contents of the burger included a slice of pork belly, lettuce, tomato, onions and some special sauce. It carried a rich aroma that immediately got his stomach rumbling. The only downside really was how tall the burger was and Sly had to squish it just to cram it in. The chips themselves were crunchy. It was a shame that such meal could not last as long as a regular one, and Sly found himself finishing it. A fine hot meal.

Sly placed his hands close to his chin. What went wrong?

“Hi. So how is your meal?” Holly asked.

Sly looked to the side for a moment, then pointed his finger up a bit. Is the owner in? May I meet with him please?

--

WC: 146/75
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Sly was not at all impressed. The owner was actually one of the chefs working at the back, an assistant to the head chef. A young man, probably in his mid-late teens, with black hair and a smile which he was trying too hard to impress.

Good afternoon. My name is Ray. I am the owner of Fred’s Burgery. Is there anything I can do for you kind sir?

I saw the sign outside. Are you desperate for an employee or-

I-It’s not that, Ray scratched the back of his head, looking to the side. I-it’s…well… I don’t know what to do but… ehh… business has been… a little bit bad so… I want someone to… you know…

Someone to help us improve our business, another man spoke. His voice was deep, much stronger than this man’s. As Sly slowly turned to find him behind Ray, he noticed the tiled floor began to shake. Stronger with each step. A large man, a bit scruffy in appearance, stood beside Ray. Judging by the chef hat, Sly was staring at the head chef. Here’s the rundown. Business has been poor lately and the city manager is going to close our doors if we do not show any improvement. We are looking for someone who is willing to help our business. But not just anyone.

--

WC: 222/75
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Sly blinked. He gave a questioned look at Ray, but doubted the owner saw that. I suppose I can help you with that.

The chef grumbled. I heard that one before. Is it the food? No. Atmosphere? No. The staff? No. He leaned closer, his large nose close to Sly’s. Got anything else? This is not something any normal person can do.

Sly rolled his eyes, giving him a half-smirk. I will have you know, I worked in the hospitality industry before. Something like the Blue Moon Glade, Fiery Rebirth or Grass Snake sound familiar? Ray’s eyes seemed to lit up at one of the three and immediately went on a ramble about Blue Moon and the drinks served there. The chef, however, remained completely silent but gave an inquisitive look. I owned them.

--

WC: 134/75
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Then it was complete silence. It only lasted a second before the chef slammed his hands against the bench, right next to Sly. Owning them will mean nothing if you do not have the skills. You may have worked, but those are bars. This is a fast food restaurant.

Uh-huh… and? Sly swung on the stool, staring at the windows. Look, if it makes you feel any better, I can tell you what I think is wrong. How long is Ray the owner?

Umm… just a year. My father passed away back then and gave the restaurant to me. I guess… it’s no longer Fred’s Burgery… but Ray’s… he chuckled nervously.

And what’s different between what you and your father served?

Uhh… I am not that sure… really.

Right. Unless you are looking for a name change, change the name of your restaurant. Plus, you are in Sky Balcony. Highest but one of the hottest places. Your burgers are very good, but I’m afraid the heat is just going to dissuade them from eating such a hot meal. Do you have a menu for deserts or…

W-We have issues with our usual provider for ice creams and such. So we removed them.

Sly looked up to the chef again, raising an eyebrow. He just gave a low grumble, acquiescing to Sly with his defeated expression before walking back to his kitchen. Give me your phone.

--

WC: 235/75
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:12 pm

A-Are we going back to the old menu? Ray asked, to which Sly shook his head, unloading the last of the heavy boxes of ice cream into the freezer room. He unloaded his after Sly gave way for him and the head chef, who carried one more box.

Something better. Have you heard of ice cream buns? Sly asked, leaving the freezer to look at the buns storage. They had his utmost respect, having an assortment of different buns. Some of them had grains, others were smaller, etc. Sly grabbed the smallest ones, which were used for entrees, and cut one open.

N-No. Not really.

Just watch. Sly grabbed a small tub of the ice cream and, using a round cutter that was almost similar to what one would use for cookie doughs, he sliced a round and flat cylinder piece of cookies and cream ice cream before fitting it on the base of the bun. It fit almost perfectly, and he placed the top over it. Putting it on the plate, he squirted a fine trail of honey across one side of the plate and tossed bits of sliced fruits and chocolate, sticking them onto the trail before pushing the plate forward to present it to the staff.

Burger flipping [D-rank solo] ZcOZNk9

--

WC: 209/75

Last edited by Sly on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:12 pm

While the waitresses and the surrounding chefs whispered to one another in agreement, Sly sliced the burger in half before dividing it to the owner, the chef, and a selected number of others. They struggled to hold it at first, but upon the first bite, they gave a strange frown. Then an ‘Mmm’ escaped from their filled mouths before nodding to one another.

See? Does not take long at all. I have ordered ice cream of a number of different flavours. Sly scribbled a name and phone number on a piece of paper before handing it to the chef. Call your ice creams from these guys from now on. Go wild with the flavours if you like. Or you can experiment with whatever confectionary if just the ice cream seems a bit boring.

--

WC: 133/75
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:17 pm

After the taste test, the owner called for his human resources about the new item and insisted them to put it in the new menu. However, Sly was not convinced that this would be enough, as customers outside needed to know that Ray’s Burgery was now serving deserts. Plus an added extra that was true to the burger theme of the place. Aside from a billboard outside advertising the new ice cream burgers, Sly joined with a few waitresses handing out pamphlets, which was basically the menu plus a large picture of the ice cream burger.

At first, not a lot of people were interested. But a good ten minutes or so, familiar faces came back and decided to try the new burgers. Then, more people arrived and waited at the doors, and soon the kitchen was getting busy.

Sly! Ray called out from the door, waving to him. Come quick!

--

WC: 151/75
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:18 pm

Leaving the few waitresses outside, Sly hurried back inside when Ray called out to him for help.

Did you not call for more of your employees? Sly asked, wearing the chef uniform at the back.

We had to uhh… drop a lot of people. He did not say anymore, busy trying to follow the head chef’s instructions.

Sly hurried over to the ice cream area. Aside from serving drinks, deserts was his specialty. Immediately after wearing the apron, his first order came. And so he got to work.

--

WC: 88/75
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

This was not even one of the peak hours. A look at the time and Sly noticed that dinner peak hours was only just approaching. He stopped and leaned back, cracking a few of his bones in place before taking a sip of water.

Sly! Sly sir! Ray ran up to him, his face red from how much he was working. This… This is bad. A food critic. He is coming over!

Sly smiled a little, but it dropped quickly. It was good news, but also bad. If they could win the praises of the food critic, this business would be running rather smoothly. However, it did not change that the place was severely understaffed and did not expect a high number of customers already. Even though Ray promised to start recruiting afterwards, they still had to get through today. And now they had a food critic to worry about.

Guys! Huddle up, Sly called out towards the kitchen. Everyone finished what they were doing before gathering around him. He had to make it brief. You are all doing exceptionally well, and I am extremely proud of you all. In fact, we managed to push your business so high up in such a short time, a food critique came over. Now don’t panic. You all doing a fine job as you are. Do your best. Even if it fails, don’t think it is the end of the world. Make sure he leaves with a lasting impression. Alright lets go.

--

WC: 249/75
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

One of the things Sly noticed this restaurant was doing is prioritising the food critic when he arrived. While he had no problems with it and respected their decision, there were still other customers in the queue waiting for a seat. The critic’s order was rather standard, plus the ice cream burger on the side. It was becoming a signature dish. While Sly had almost all day to make it, he winced when he heard a cutting board smashing against the ground. Peering over, he saw one of the mains splattered all over the ground and everyone was either panicking or stepping over it.

Guys! Sly called, leaving his station before clanging two pans together. Guys!! He screamed a little louder, until everything was silent. Keep it together! I know this is a rough day but we are all in the same boat. Now who’s order was that?

“It was the critic’s sir.” One of the chefs said, which made the others stammer a little.

Alright. First of all, clean it up. And second, make a fresh new one. And stop thinking you are servicing like a god or something. Treat him, in your mind, like he is just an everyday customer. Now come on. Sly beckoned one of the chefs to replace him from the ice cream station, one which he was most confident in her scooping ability, before he would assist the chefs in cooking the critic’s burger. With his assistance, the burger went out in little time, as well as the ice cream burger, and there, Sly gazed over the counter towards the critic as he tasted his food.

--

WC: 272/75
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:19 pm

Not a single word was said from him. No use pushing him, unless they wanted a negative review. The critic finished his meal and left after paying, saying it was good and all, but did not say anything else. It was a little disheartening, even for Sly, as he leaned on the bench and huffed. Everyone gave him a quick glimpse whenever they could, also becoming silent as well. But at least they could take their minds off the work and finish the rest of the evening rather smoothly.

While everyone enjoyed the leftovers and talked about the day, Sly spoke with Ray and asked him about recruitment.

The HR is interviewing some candidates. We will…uh… get a few people in shortly.

Sly pat his shoulder. That’s good to hear.

“Hey Sly!’ One of the waitresses called. She was sitting with the chefs and other waitresses who decided to stay. Actually, all of them did, as they wanted a bite on the ice cream burgers themselves. “Come join us!”

Sly waved his hand absent-mindedly. I’m good thanks.

“Come on man,” one of the chefs said, rushing over. “We owe you one. At least have a chat with us.”

Sly sighed a little, then smiled. I will be there.

--

WC: 208/75
    Sly
    Sly
    Sakura VIP

Post by Sly Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:19 pm

“He has posted! He has posted!” One of the chefs shouted quickly, and everyone, Sly included ran up behind his laptop. A lucky handful was able to reach the front to read alongside the chef, while Sly was stuck having to hear them mumbling through the large paragraphs. Deciding that he would not learn anything, he just read their expressions. They were slowly frowning, becoming more focused and concentrated on his words. It only made Sly a bit more curious, but eventually he gave up and just leaned back against the bench and waited.

“He liked the food. He likes the food!” He shouted in triumph and everyone erupted in cheers, and applauded to one another, patting everyone’s back and such.

Sly snorted a little, sighing quietly in relief. Before he could think of anything else, the tiled floor rumbled again, and he found himself facing both Ray and the head chef whom still did not know the name of.

We would like to thank you. Thank you so much for your kind help Sly. I… I was worried that we would be… that we…

It’s fine. Don’t worry about it. I’m glad that you are able to get back on your… feet and all.

But…umm… are you sure about… leaving and all? I mean… I can offer you a place here and… it pays well.

Sly smirked a little but just shook his head. Thanks for the offer, but I have places to go, people to meet, things to see. Besides, wouldn’t want to take your friend’s spot. Sly gestured to the head chef. He just looked away, folding his arms and grumbled.

Well…uhh…I see. But we will always open our doors for you. Please. Take this. It is the least I can do. Ray grabbed Sly’s wrist and placed the reward right on the palm of his hand.

Sly blinked, looking down at it. Then up to the owner and nodded. Thanks. I guess I will see you… whenever we cross paths again. Sly hugged every employee within the building, who wished him farewell as he wished them the very best. When it got to the head chef, he shrugged and gave a bearhug, releasing Sly just before he snapped his spine. Staggering a bit towards the door, towards the night lit by the lamps, he gave them a final wave before heading off.

--

WC: 396/75
    Fetus
    Fetus
    Shinigami VIP

I'm Important Too! Burger flipping [D-rank solo] Empty

Lineage : Martyr's Soul
    Origin : Pandora
    Sacred Shards : 16
    Level : 23
    Experience : 10870

Character Sheet
    Character Name: Fetus
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Primary Magic: Dog

Post by Fetus Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:35 pm

Very interesting read! Much more depth than others. Well written. Also one of the few jobs with a lead up, which is a nice change to read.
    NPC
    NPC
    Admin

I'm Important Too! I'm Important Too! I'm Important Too! Burger flipping [D-rank solo] Empty
    You must have rolled a lot of dice...

Lineage : Wrath of The NPC
    Origin : Admin Panel
    Sacred Shards : ?
    Class : ?
    Level : ?
    Experience : ?

Post by NPC Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:35 pm

The member 'Fetus' has done the following action : Dices roll

'D Class Reward Dice' :