Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Unknown Lands

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 118 posts! Please welcome our newest member, Amaihana!

The Frozen Library [Closed]

Uther
    Uther

I'm Important Too! The Frozen Library [Closed] Empty

Lineage : Starcrossed Lovers, Luna
    Position : None
    Origin : De Fiore
    Sacred Shards : 0
    Class : F
    Level : 1
    Experience : 50

The Frozen Library [Closed] Empty The Frozen Library [Closed]

Post by Uther Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:31 pm

An Old New Friend's Library

The Frozen Library [Closed] Day-after-tomorrow-library

Built deep into the iced caverns within the Frozen Isle lies a frozen and lifeless library filled with hundreds of books of old, be them fiction or fact, legends or history, the books are frozen and iced over as the ice from the surrounding island crept in.  Chairs and tables have been frozen to the core and have become brittle shattering to even a gentle touch. A few scientists and archaeologists have now recently uncovered it's entrance to this long lost forgotten haven of great knowledge. As the few comb the inside of the library they never could have expected what they found. On the lowest floor of the library the frozen cold seems to steal away all of the heat and warmth of anything that enters, there was one archaeologist unfortunate enough to fall victim to this cold his body froze over within seconds of him walking down the steps to see a hallway with only one door at the end and a strange glow behind the door. The others after seeing their friend freeze to death before their very eyes forbid anyone to go down as it was far too dangerous for any normal person to survive.
    Maria Zaroff
    Maria Zaroff

I'm Important Too! I Need A Medic! The Frozen Library [Closed] Empty
    I wouldnt trust her... not at all.

Lineage : Soul of The Storm
    Origin : Pandora
    Sacred Shards : 2
    Class : C
    Level : 53
    Experience : 13080

Character Sheet
    Character Name: Maria Zaroff
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Primary Magic: Book of Pandora

The Frozen Library [Closed] Empty Re: The Frozen Library [Closed]

Post by Maria Zaroff Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:49 am

A lone woman silently combed through the village of the Frozen Isles without any sort of care etched upon her face. She had briefly gone to the village  a few weeks prior, but had not done much investigation of the place. She had met a young man in search of starfalls causing the young huntress to get sidetracked. Nonetheless, she was here now. The Frozen Isles was a frozen paradise and an island unknown to her, but that would change today. After a while, Maria entered a bar and took a seat on a stool. She made herself comfortable and called forth the waiter. "Dragon's Tooth." It was her mother's specialty and the most expensive brand on the market. It would surprise her if the small bar held any of Dragon Fang's brands, but she always liked a good surprise. The bartender's eyes widened as he heard her order. Then even more so in recognition. "Y-yes ma'am." The bartender said rapidly  exiting towards the back. So they did have it. Strange. The man came back and poured her a glass. "What brings ye here, Ms. Zaroff?" the man asked in hopes of starting a conversation. "Knowledge." Was her simple reply. "Tell me about the island." She added in, taking a sip of the strong liquor.
    "Not much in the island here. No, nothing interestin 'cept an  ol' expedition a while back..." Maria stared at him in curiosity. "Archaeologists? An expedition? Hm..." Maria said, bringing back the glass of liquor to her lips. Her words were slow, thoughtful in a way, taking the time to settle while simultaneously shutting the bartender up. "Speak." This time she was firm. The man nodded. "Nothing 'ere they found. Close of part of the island. Too dangerous. I'll point ye in the right way if ye'd like?" Maria nodded. She needed something to do and this was perfect.

What seemed like hours later, the assassin found herself walking towards where the supposed opening of the place to be. She frowned wondering why the section of the island had been closed off. What had deemed the place so dangerous? No matter. She would find out soon. As if in cue, the entrance of the place came into view. It was not what she expected it to be but it was a start. Maria entered and began to wander around the place, entering a hallway. She carefully took a step down the icy stairs and made her way inside. No sooner had she laid her eyes upon the place did a small gasp escape her lips. Books. She had stumbled across an old library. Venturing further and deeper inside, she discovered some stairs leading toward the lower levels. With renewed vigor, she walked down the steps. She began to note that the further down she went, she colder it got. Reaching the last step, she stopped short. Was her being a spirit borne enough to survive the ground floor? Maria sighed. She hoped it would be. She took a small step forward. Nothing. Then another step and another. It made sense. She was an undead after all. Her eyes feasted upon the many books laid upon the shelves. Who knew what each contained. Suddenly, the sight of a light caught her eye. Immediately, she called forth her kingdom blade  the Crystal Seas. "Hello?" she called out. No response. She walked towards the door and forced it open. What was in there?
    Anna Seres
    Anna Seres

Lineage : Healers Touch
    Origin : Forgotten Isles
    Experience : 0

Post by Anna Seres Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:12 am

Anna entered the library, shivering slightly at the cold. This certainly was not her preferred environment; she enjoyed the hot summer sun far more than she did the chill of this island. Her task here, however, would force her to grin and bear it. She had come to the island due to the stories of this library, which rumor said contained books on just about every subject under the sun. She had been hoping to find information on the Devil Fruit she had recently eaten; she knew nothing about the potential powers of the fruit aside from the fact that she seemed to have turned into glass.

The door of the library had been blasted open, for some reason or another; was there a robbery in progress? She hoped not; while she could probably take any normal robber, the emotions swirling about in an event like that would break her cool and probably wind up with her injuring innocents. These worries continued to sweep through her mind as she dove further into the library.
    Uther
    Uther

Lineage : Starcrossed Lovers, Luna
    Origin : De Fiore
    Experience : 50

Post by Uther Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:45 pm

As the frozen door opens the lock that once held it shut snaps off from the cold crashing to the ground with a loud clang that can be heard throughout the whole library, to those who can see though the door way have now seen a dimly lite cold room with a single large armchair in the center facing away from them. Uul'Thazad sits in the chair motionless his frozen skeleton cold as stone. His eye sockets dark and empty and a empty pipe held between his teeth. The glow that once was seen from behind the door came from a single torch lighting the room. The ice covered shelves in the room were filled with books for the yesteryear which would come to a strange surprise, as who or what could have been down here recently? Maria's soft "Hello?" echos through the room and back out into the quiet library. The cracking of ice can softly be heard as the frozen skeleton of Uul'Thazad turns in it's chair to look at Maria it's eyes now glowing a soft deep blue. "It's polite to knock first before entering a locked room." Uul'Thazad's shambling and frozen skeleton stands up from the chair and walks to Maria. "Is there something I can help you with?"
    Maria Zaroff
    Maria Zaroff

I'm Important Too! I Need A Medic! The Frozen Library [Closed] Empty
    I wouldnt trust her... not at all.

Lineage : Soul of The Storm
    Origin : Pandora
    Sacred Shards : 2
    Class : C
    Level : 53
    Experience : 13080

Character Sheet
    Character Name: Maria Zaroff
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Primary Magic: Book of Pandora

Post by Maria Zaroff Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:22 pm

The room was quite empty and soundles except for the soft crackeling of the ice. The sound was quite soothing, but upon seeing the lighted torch, Maria stood on guard. Her eyes briefly scanned the place, but, as seeing nothing out of the ordinary, she pressumed those that had been down there dead. With peace in mind, she turned towards the shelves in curiosity only to rapidly turn back around by the sound of a moving chair. "It's polite to knock first before entering a locked room." A males voice said. A small gasp escaped the huntress's lips. To say she was surprised could be considered an understatement. Her crytalled eyes widened as she took him in, though she was quick to compose herself. "Is there something I can help you with?"

Maria's eyes studied the man before her a bit before smiling warmly. What else could she do? "Apologies," She said although her voice contained a bit of uncertainy. "Seeing the cadavers loitering on and about outside your door, I pressumed the place deserted." Her eyes quickly moved towards the door, then back at the skeletal being. "I shall fix that for you... eventually." Maria looked at her keyblade. She could always summon Ravage Bones to fix it, but, then again, he would most likely demand whiskey in exchange for his help. Seeing as she had no clue who the stranger was, she gave a slight bow. "I am Zaroff, Maria Zaroff. Keeper of the Isles." She said introducing herself with a slight smile. "Who might you be stranger?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:54 am