Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Unknown Lands

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! Your last visit was . You have made 118 posts! Please welcome our newest member, Amaihana!

Trekking into the Unknown [Private, Nameless]

Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

I Need A Medic! How It's Made The Giving Tree Runs With The Wind
    HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Lineage : Soul of The Storm
    Position : None
    Origin : Urban City
    Sacred Shards : 15
    Class : A
    Level : 58
    Experience : 30200

Trekking into the Unknown [Private, Nameless] Empty Trekking into the Unknown [Private, Nameless]

Post by Skylar Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:47 pm

Black doors was more or less the best thing that XaYang could give her to help her out. Sure, it wasn't incredibly helpful, however, it was better than nothing. She'd been following the directions that he'd given to her practically perfectly, remaining rather quiet through her travels. It was rather unlike her to do such things, normally talking or asking around. But, just by where she was, she felt as if she really should just keep a closed mouth. Where she was was something that she had heard people from her world look into- and that, that wasn't a place she wanted to have anything to do with. Yet look at her now, a rather colourful person who had feathers down across her arms like a bird which swayed with her as she walked. Surprisingly, they weren't actually that heavy, or the poor girl would have torn them away by now.

Skylar rose her hand again, passing through another black door after a quick glance reassured her that no one was really watching or following her. It was... Odd, for the lack of a better word. She felt vulnerable, something that she hadn't felt in a long time, the only time she had was when her companion mysteriously vanished from her company and she was stuck in a new world basically alone. That wasn't fun.

Shrugging off the thoughts, she continued to walk, somewhat reassured by the fact that XaYang commented that they would hear about her soon enough. But, just why was she trusting XaYang? The dark and partially morbid thoughts which followed her were dashed from her mind instantly. No. XaYang had been nothing but kind to her with every single thing that he'd mentioned. Starting to question him now of all times was rather futile anyway- it was already too late for these thoughts. If he guided her into danger, well, so be it. She'd deal with it.

One way or another.

Looking around where she stood, she saw that the streets which were once littered with their own light gave way to something unusual, only seeing this as she finally decided to start taking actual notes of her surroundings. What she was seeing, to say the least, was incredibly strange and odd to the point of her not even knowing what she was seeing. The rivers and streams were somewhat tainted with an unusual greenish hue, maybe something growing on the surface. Maybe it was fog on the top. Skylar didn't really know. It almost reminded her of the wooden docklands from her home, blackened wood stairways, people wheeling and dealing with their own unique things. Sky had to admit that she was more used to the price of fish being discussed instead of whatever they were dealing with...

Trying to ignore such things, she was glad to see that there were other people walking down there which didn't exactly have normal appearances. Sure, there were other humans, but there were also other unusual creatures as well. Trying not to get too side tracked with their distinct appearance, Skylar turned her eyes away, before- with the utmost care and hesitantion, began to walk down one of the walkways which seemed to be safer. However, she did her best to hide the uncertainty which danced like a fire in her eyes as she walked, her feathers only just clearing the ground as she continued down the walk way. The faint sound of her partially heeled shoes would make her approach known before she would, rather skillfully and gracefully, weave between people to get past them.

But, one question was still partially bugging her. Sure, XaYang could tell that she was new by her scent apparently, but were the people who she was sent to attempt to run into also going to be able to find her by the same thing? Or perhaps by another method that Skylar hadn't seen just yet. These thoughts and considerations all lead to the same question that she wanted to really have answered.

How were they going to find her?

@Nameless
    Nameless
    Nameless
    Krillin VIP

Shadowstep THIS IS MADNESS! Trekking into the Unknown [Private, Nameless] Empty Trekking into the Unknown [Private, Nameless] Empty
    Without A Body

Lineage : Suzaku, The Vermilion Bird
    Origin : Pandora
    Sacred Shards : 20
    Level : 25
    Experience : 11225

Character Sheet
    Character Name: Elizavetha Killan
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Primary Magic: Hell Demon Slayer

Trekking into the Unknown [Private, Nameless] Empty Re: Trekking into the Unknown [Private, Nameless]

Post by Nameless Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:08 am

LISTEN TO THE AGENCY
    DEATH IS ONLY A FIVE-LETTER WORD

Five thousand three hundred and forty seven.

It's just a number. But visualize it. See each and every number. Each curve and bend of the three. The straight top of the five. The hard turns of the four. the soft bend at the seven's neck. It's just a a number. But why is this important?

She pushed her way through the crowd, dropping a man to the ground. Her foot would find its way to the man's neck, snapping it like a twig. The sound could only be heard from one place, one place that seemed to write itself. It would behind the colorful woman, and by the time she turned to see the sound, she would meet the face of Nameless, an entity few met and lived to tell the tale, and even less understood.

"Boo." She would say with a grin. It didn't matter if she didn't have the girls attention, she would earn it soon enough. "You seem lost, Skylar." she would say with a bit of laughter, "I'll be your guide now."

Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Trekking into the Unknown [Private, Nameless] Empty Re: Trekking into the Unknown [Private, Nameless]

Post by Skylar Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:56 pm

As she walked down the place, rather lost really, Skylar heard something shoving through the crowds behind her. Rather than deciding to turn around and look at whatever it was, she thought that it was best to keep herself moving through the area around her. Those thoughts were soon stopped as something heavy hit the ground.

Alarmed, she turned around to face it- in time to see someone wrapped in a something that could only really be described as a cat-like outfit, eyes glowing red under the hood, bring their foot down to crunch against someones neck. Instantly, it was snapped- almost as if the whole neck didn't actually exist. A fear was sent down her spine as she looked to the person who'd done that, keeping her face clear of her surprise and disgust.

She, for the lack of a better thing to do, would simply just look at the entity before her. But, it seemed that whoever this was seemed to want her attention specifically by the words that followed her initial "boo".

Great. So this seemingly murderous person was going to be her guide? Oh boy, everything was going to get incredibly difficult from here on out. With a nod of her head, she gave the entity her own smile, hiding the outright dread she felt in the pit of her stomach rather well. The people eventually gave the pair space, terrified of the being before Skylar and when she was a bit more certain that none of them would try eavesdropping she inwardly sighed. Looking to them, she decided to actually speak to that strange one, that just casually snapped someones neck and acted like it was nothing, for the first time to her.

"I'd say it's a pleasure, but, I don't exactly want to just outright lie. As you know my name, may I ask what you go by? As, if you're to be my guide, I just want to double check that it matches up with what someone's told me." To Skylar, it felt like she was walking on eggshells, feeling as if any move that she made could very well be her last around this person. But hey, at least names... would be good to go by.

Right?
    Nameless
    Nameless
    Krillin VIP

Shadowstep THIS IS MADNESS! Trekking into the Unknown [Private, Nameless] Empty Trekking into the Unknown [Private, Nameless] Empty
    Without A Body

Character Sheet

Post by Nameless Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:51 pm

LISTEN TO THE AGENCY

"My body's name was Elizavetha" she would tell her, "But as it were, I have no real name." A smile, both creepy and eerie would stretch from ear to ear on her dark shadowy face. "Call me as you wish, though, I would not dare you to use an insult~, Nyan~"

She would extend her hand to greet in a shake. She was chaotic to say the least, but she was still civilized. She was noble, just like the lizard before her, just like her sibling, and just like her father.

". . . Wait, you're going by Xa's word? I taught him how to speak!" She would laugh, and if Skylar shook her hand or not, she would change her grip to her hips and lean forward, bouncing in place left and right, as if her spine was a spring. She was much too pleased for whatever unknown reason.

I guess one would say that this new bird woman was her new project, her new toy. For her, it was another body that entered her world. With new souls, came people to come rescue. With a rescue team came powerful people. And powerful people made great victims to her powers.

"Cursed feline." her thoughts began, "I want nothing more than to leave her to die, but why to i feel inclined to please this mortal? It's those damn feathers. My body wants to play chase, and I want nothing more to beat children with a bat."

And then she remembered the face of the young man.

She wondered what became of him.

Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:24 pm

Her bodies name was Elizavetha, but she didn't actually have a real name? Goodness, this girl was creepy, especially with that grin that almost split her face in two. But, as she offered the hand in greeting, Skylar would be nothing but rude if she decided not to take it. Swiftly, the coloured feathering on her arm following gracefully, she clasped Elizavetha's hand, shaking it in greeting.

"Please, I think that we both know that an insult towards you would be anything but wise." Skylar replied to her comment with a her own polite smile. "You taught Xa to speak? Well, I must admit, that surely is rather impressive." She commented, before dropping the handshake when she let go.

However, as she leaned forward, she began to continuously bounce left and right, housing a seemingly constant energy that Skylar just didn't understand. Awkwardly, she tried to take a half cautious step backwards. The reason why was rather simply. The girl before her was simply being a little too hyperactive for what Skylar was able to deal with at the moment.

"If you don't mind me asking, why did XaYang send me to look for you? Was it to help me somewhat understand what I am now..? If that makes sense... After all, you were also one of the four he suggested..." She let the comment hand a little, just hoping that she might give some reason. If not, Sky was probably going to be incredibly lost for a few hours.
    Nameless
    Nameless
    Krillin VIP

Without A Body

Character Sheet

Post by Nameless Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:33 pm

LISTEN TO THE AGENCY

"You've met Xa'Yang, or noodle as I call him sometimes, she would hold a puzzled look, her smile fading into nothing more than a stare to the sky in a partial thought. "He likes books. And I'm the only one who regularly can leave this realm. I collected books for him, and when he is done reading, they are released to the public. I am the only source of news to other words. When my body dies, I'm born into the dead carcass of someone who once lived." She would let out a small smile and laugh. It would fade but not until she spoke again. "That's why they called me The Nameless, for I have no need for my idenity anymore. I'm anyone that used to be, nyan~"

She would begin to walk towards her, one arm extended as if to turn her direction to move with her through the crowd. It wasn't the best place to talk, but even so, what she had to say, everyone already knew.

"So tell me." she would say, "Tell me about your home. Anything you told Xa, I already know. What I don't know is the secrets you kept to yourself." She would hold no emotion speaking. It was monotone throughout her speech.

"You should not ever lie to me. I'm the only person who has held any and every magic in this world. If you want to get your power back, I am the only one who can help you become the god you used to be."

She knew nothing, yet everything at once. But each time she died, she lived another livetime on a dozen other realms. She liked Pandora over anywhere else. No matter how long it seemed to be that she was gone, it would be only seconds that she left her true home.

And that was what she loved about her father's world.
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:22 pm

Skylar nodded. Great. She was going to have to actually have to make sure that she didn't die, she really, really didn't want this girl to randomly start using her body. That... That concept was more than weird to her.

As Nameless moved and put out her arm, she was quick to understand just what she wanted. Turning rather quickly, she began to walk away from the crowd, ensuring that no one really followed the two of them. Goodness this was weird, the stark difference between her and XaYang's personality caught Skylar offguard and she was indeed struggling to keep up with what was going on.

However, upon her request and warnings, Skylar allowed a light laugh to actually leave her. "You really think that I am foolish enough to lie to you? I wouldn't do that intentionally, I don't want to just die." Skylar said lightly, Nameless's words actually having hit her harder than she wanted to let on. If she was the only one who could help her transform back into what she use to be, then there was no way that Dark could even stop her from lying.

"My home is strange, but you already know of the portals that we use to travel through to other planets- other realms. However, normally, the body is destroyed or damaged almost beyond repair by the Travel as we call it. This is where the deities, the goddesses and gods from our realm come in. They were split into two groups, Creation and Destruction. The goddesses were that of Creation, the mother of them known as Light, with Water and Earth as her children. Destruction contained the gods, the greatest one of them known as Dark his sons being Wind, Lightning informally, and... Fire." Skylar paused, before her eyes sank to the ground. It hurt more than she wanted to admit to actually recall this information.

"Light is the important one though, she loved what they had made and granted the Travelers marks. These marks basically could protect the Travelers from the adverse effects of Travel as well as grant a few things. Like the ability to breathe underwater- but Water is mainly to thank for that." Skylar sighed. Goodness there was going to be a lot to actually explain.

"But that's where I somewhat come in. I was trained to be a Traveler for and by the Council, who are basically in charge of making sure everything runs smoothly in Utopia, Yvantis, Necrotia and Vester. For them, I was a primary scout. They could count on me and often sent me into dangerous places which were reported to have a more deadly environment. I'd get in there, get a report done or a message delivered, before returning for the next task. I was quick, efficient, unable to feel pain but also unable to have my strength matched by any normal human there."

Then she paused.

"But the only thing is... I also healed incredibly fast. Things were almost unable to damage me. Because of this, I was sent on what was considered death runs for Travelers. Sent into hostile territory to almost do a Hunters job and kill someone to create peace in an area again. Bring someone in for questioning. Mind you, I was... Sometimes used in the Labs as basically an experimentation as to what could and couldn't hurt me." Skylar slightly shuddered at the memory, "Let's just say physical things didn't hurt. Magic... Magic absolutely tore me apart. Hence why they sent me to a place where magic wasn't so strong, but beasts ran wild... That place was Vester. A realm literally filled with beasts that could tear a man apart."

She suddenly laughed, rubbing the back of her head, "Well, at least they couldn't chew on me too much and eat me. But that didn't stop them from swallowing me whole once or twice. Mind you, no one would have noticed if I didn't make it back. People generally thought I was basically a freak from what I wore and what I did to myself... Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that after my visit to Vester for the first time, people did seem disappointed that I made it back alive...

I'm sorry, I'm rambling a bit..."
    Nameless
    Nameless
    Krillin VIP

Without A Body

Character Sheet

Post by Nameless Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:57 pm

MY LIFE DOES NOT END
    LIFE IS PERMANENT

All while she talked, Nameless had led her down a dark alley and into what seemed like a furnished wooden door that was much too nice for the community of the Black Market. Wherever it led, was sue to be different.

As Nameless touched the door, it would only be then that it was clear there was no handle or knob. Her touch caused the door to shine a odd green light that was dim, but still faintly living. The door would open outward towards them and she would lead them in. Inside, it was a fully furnished lab, but it was dusted and discolored from age. It seemed to be expensive and prestigious, but nothing seemed to work. With her hand, she lifted it and pointed at the ceiling, to which the lights all turned on slowly and brightly. For something that seemed abandoned, it was fully fictional. And they wouldn't even hear the doors close, only the echoes of their footsteps.

"You think I'm a murderer." she would speak, making her way down the halls into an open room of what looked like giant broken test tubes. What did they hold? Well that would be answered soon enough.

"Pandora was founded with two Organizations. The Legion of Neutrals. The Agency. Both tried to take full control of this city. The Legion fought for nothing more than balance and control for the people. They were not good or evil, they simply were. The Agency, fought for nothing more than power and collection of knowledge. The Agency collected members of the Legion and experimented on them to understand magic and power. But that was a rumor, no one knew if it really happened." She would walk into the center of the room, towards a large massive tube. Greed fluids long dried and stained the ground, along with bits of blood.

"Aknaid, my brother founded the Legion. And I can tell you, the last bit of that story is true. I founded The Agency, nyan~" She would sigh, refusing to turn back. "Truth is not easy. It's not supposed to be. Kaseki, the guardian of this world, his father is Death. The Reaper. The collector of souls. It is because of the Reapers that this place even exists. You have the Great Gods of Heaven who take the souls to rebirth and they control lives of the mortals, and you have the Devil and his demons below us. But here, they have no power. Only Deities of death have power here. not darkness." She would face Skylar with her body, but she would let her eyes open to face her. "Here you must learn to accept and understand yourself. No one has it easy when it starts. When I first faced my power . . . I would destroy every body I inherited.  I did so for a year. I would kill myself every hour, of every day for a year. I saw every part of this world and the rest of the realms. And i learned that it would always be part of me. After it, I didn't know who I used to be anymore, and I still don't. That is why I have no name." She paused. Her eyes would open and trace the ground, eventually landing on the face of that avian woman.

"That is why he sent you to me." she would say, her right hand lifted to point at her, "Xa'Yang is the greatest neutral force in this world. He is a scout for the gods of this realm and will always be. Some have tried to kill him, Hades and Kaseki gave him a better chance and choice in his life. Here, in this era, you will be like him, redeemed. But he sent you to me . . . " She exhaled, ". . . . not because he was my caretaker, nor because we spring from the same nobility. You are standing before me, so you can understand the true evil this world can become. Everything dark and evil in this world, and in most cases others, spring from me. Even now, a member of my brother's company, seeking rapists and criminals and killing them mercilessly, even helping those helpless, I will always pay for my actions.

For eternity."

Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:02 pm

Skylar
    Pandora's Phoenix
    Skylar wasn't exactly aware of where they were going, more or less just following Nameless as she had rambled. However, when she finally did actually start taking note of what was happening around and where they had gone, she did a partial double take in surprise. They had gone from somewhere absolutely boring and riddled with potential dangers, to somewhere that's just... well, certainly not something that Skylar was expecting.

She did her best not to let that surprise show on her face. The labs certainly seemed similar to what a few of her acquaintances back at home talked about when they spoke of Water's host. And, well, it also was far too similar to what she had been exposed to for her liking.

Entranced by the seemingly old lab that they were in, Skylar slowly approached them. Something was sickeningly familiar, the needle that use to snap against her skin. Until they were infused with magic, that was when she struggled. More than once she recalled manipulating her body in such a way that bones protruded from her skin just so that those needles wouldn't pierce her so easily. But they always got something larger, something that would infect and spread, enough to force her feathers to form, wings snapping to attention to break free of their bonds that they created aroun-

No.

Skylar pulled her hand away from touching something in the labs. No. Instead of caving into her morbid fascination, she turned her attention back to Nameless, who began to speak. Admittedly, Skylar was barely aware of it, but at her declaration Skylar inclined her head partially. "As much as it pains me to admit, yes. That's what I think."

However, her words made Skylar's spine prickle in fear. Slowly, casually, Skylar turned to face her, looking to her as her arms crossed over the front of her chest. Her head was partially tilted to the side, anger seemingly dancing in her eyes. Sky watched as Nameless approached a rather large tube- oh... Memories that she unwittingly shared with someone once before scattered through her as she raised a hand to rest her forehead against the palm. She didn't need that to come up again. But, if Nameless was staying true as XaYang had, then... Dark could have some sort of power here- but she doubted it. He was too transfixed in their reality. Restoring the Monolith to what it use to be. Fighting alongside at least three other Sharded against the hell that their realm was falling into.

Skylar didn't realise the tears in her eyes until they were falling down her cheek. Quickly, she scrubbed them clear with her feathered arms. Dammit.

Shaking it off, she continued to listen as Nameless continued to speak, telling Skylar of their history. The Agency, the Legion, what the two fought for. Obviously, Skylar was partially against people actively being tormented and experimented on. There were people of false blood who were all but forged on her homeworld. Amalgamations. To Skylar, her experimentation didn't happen until later on in her life, unlike some people, she was somewhat there to be a guide. However, more than once, they took their job far too far. Awkwardly, Skylar turned back her complete attention back to Nameless. Enough memories.

Suddenly, the answer to an unspoken question seemed to slap her in the face. Skylar may have people who guide her in this life with understanding herself, however, she was the one that would have to figure out just what that actually meant and how to do that. Once she'd done that, then that was only the start of the journey. A journey that she had barely even saw the start of. But soon, she'd try to walk down its path once more.

"I have to ask, why... how am I redeemed? What does that even mean? As you know, I ended up here as to what seems to be a true freak accident.

But... I'm not sure how much of these words will mean... as a friends sister would say... It doesn't matter what you've done in the past, but what matters is what you'll do in the future. You can't fix things in the past, sure. But I suppose what really matters is what you do from now on out, or that's what she use to say to him. You might be what XaYang uses as an example to show what true evil can become or whatever... But I don't know how much of these words will actually be relevant to you, but still..."
    Skylar sighed, she couldn't continue on information which she knew next to nothing about. If she did so, it'd be foolish... However, she couldn't help but feel partially guilty as Nameless had shared so much with her and yet, she couldn't just pour out the things that she wanted. The things she had learned. After all, if Nameless was truly the one to teach XaYang to speak, then the being before her was much older. Older and probably wiser than her.

One thing stayed the same. To Skylar, the person before her wasn't completely evil. Skylar had already guessed that she had something to do with the labs which they were currently present in, but still. It didn't matter. An Archangel gave a demon a chance, worked with them side by side to try and help a young girl born from a test tube. Her crimson lips parted, a gentle sigh coming from her before her smile came back again.

"May I ask what you have done to deserve such a horrid title? I don't really want to speak out of turn nor ask something that you're uncomfortable with, but why? Why do you deserve to do this for eternity? Why constantly pay for your actions? People like you were inserted into Light's core so she could once again take care of her creation... Except it ba... became bad. But still... Isn't there something like that here, for you? Something to give a second chance to those who need it the most?"

That's not fair. Not fair at all in her eyes. It wasn't. It just wasn't! How were they meant to deal with these sorts of things and be all fine and dandy about it? It doesn't matter if they were the root of what horrors could be committed by their core. Why couldn't they redeem themselves- or is that what Nameless already was doing...?
    Nameless
    Nameless
    Krillin VIP

Without A Body

Character Sheet

Post by Nameless Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:57 pm

MY LIFE DOES NOT END
    LIFE IS PERMANENT

"An elf killed his mother and half of the subjects in his father's kingdom because he was lied to. A man killed every human in his world, simply because he could. Those two, Zeon and Fourth Horseman were both of my creation, and I encouraged them to do so." She would remain still, "For decades I took children from their parents and stole new souls, just like you and brought them here. I never sedated them. I would peel their flesh, harvest their organs, all while using magic to sustain their life so they would endure the pain and remain awake. I saw no issue in it. I stole men from their families, I shook cities with my newfound magic that I created from the remains on people who never got a second chance at redemption." Still, she remained, the story shaking her soul.

"Then I hunted her, Christine." A smile begun ti squirm on her face, but she fought it. It was something deep in her she resisted, but why? What was it? "I took the most demented and evil soul I could find and I milked it's body. I harvested her soul for magic essence and stuck her body in a tube. I commanded my subordinate to assist me in pumping her body with everything we had. All the while feeding her soul to our machines."

A laugh was heard, but cut short. "I'm standing where she killed me. And that day, I took the body of that woman and continued to kill masses of innocents to test my new power." her neck would twist, cracking her spine, the sounds echoing the room.

But she continued her tale of dread and disappointment.  "But before it all, i wore the suit of my father's closest friend." Again her face would shift remembering the torture she put Kaseki through. "I continued to kill, and eventually I grew bored of her, and I killed myself again in a gran explosion. Then I stole a close ally of my brother and used his body as my next test. Then I burned everything I owned to the ground and tried to kill myself to harness more of my power . . . but instead I was born into this, and the dark evil magic of the last body taints this vessel."

She had nothing left to add to her tail. She felt the pain all long ago, all while touching the faint memories of what she could have been before all of this. She wanted to know why she was chosen for it all. But even if she wasn't specially cursed with rebirth, she chose the chaos.

"You are not redeemed." she would  tell her, "If you want any chance of being who you used to be, rather than being a souless husk like I am, you'll seek redemption." She would lower her arm to her side, her soul escaping her as it happened. A soft groan following her movements.

"I'm the boogyman. No, I'm what the boogyman fears. I am the only mortal who has the will and power to strike down gods. I am the only being to challenge a guardian and live. This is why I hold my title. I created the organization that kills and murders children and innocents, and no matter what good I do, they will always do it in my name.

The name I don't have."

And she didn't know it, but she stood in a puddle of her own tears. The front of her jacket wet.

She had expressed her third emotion.

Sorrow.

Information regarding Christine : (Can be seen in app)

Christine Lionheart, is a genius hacker. She was known to be a prodigy at a young age for hacking into the government as a mere child. She eventually found herself in Pandor after stumbling into a portal running away from the authorities. In Pandora her senses were heightened and she became an even more dangerous criminal. Nameless captured her after her half-decade of terror was over. It was then that he began his experiments.

In reality, Christine is one of the cruelest people you'll meet; she spurns all contact, lashing out with harsh words if approached. If you try to press whatever matter you need to talk to you about, prepare for a beating; Christine doesn't take kindly to anybody talking to her, much less holding a full conversation. She has deep-seated anger issues which she refuses to fix; anybody who tried to get her to visit a psychologist, as well as the one psychologist she was forced into seeing, got a fistful of pain. Nobody asks her anymore, both for fear of being attacked and because she has driven away everybody who would be interested in seeing her deal with her issues.
    In addition to her anger issues, Christine is a very hateful, petty person in general; she'll go out of her way to be cruel to people who have gotten on her bad side. To put that into perspective, she's counted people as being on her bad side for 'not wearing the right color today', 'making eye contact with her', and best (or worst) of all, 'having a bad face'. She drives away anybody who tries to talk to her with this combination of anger and pettiness, and she's perfectly happy that way.

As hard as she is to work with, Christine is a very useful partner to have in a fight; along with her unrivaled hacking skills, she's more than capable of handling herself in combat. She is awful as both a leader and a follower; as a leader, she drives people into depression with her insults and anger, and as a follower, she refuses to listen to any orders. She loves to fight, however, both as an outlet for her anger and to practice her fighting skills.
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:09 pm

Skylar
    Pandora's Phoenix
    Instead of anger and disgust that could have formed on Skylar's face from what Nameless was saying, something else did. She had heard of things and which were similar to this back from her homelands, they may not have been so cruel to the host in some regards, but... Some of it was still pretty bad. Hearts removed. Eyes of others torn out and implanted into others. Souls all but thrown into other living bodies. It... Wasn't pretty where she had come from, and she knew the price for those who lived with such things happening with them.

Nameless wasn't going to scare Skylar from a tale so similar to the things she had heard and some, had seen. Sympathy formed as Nameless finished her tale, and Skylar partially no longer cared for the reason XaYang had sent her hear.

The woman who claimed to be a soulless husk of a being stood before her crying. Steeling herself, Skylar stepped forward and did something that she wished she could have done for that demon back from her homeland. Her arms wrapped around the strange creature just for a few moments- until she made some form of movement which Sky instantly would step away. Her sympathetic look didn't leave her face nor her eyes.

"The main thing is you're actually doing something good now that you're in this body, instead of massacring innocents, you've refined your targets. I know that that wasn't easy at all to tell me, so thank you." Skylar managed to keep the awkwardness out from her own voice, but really, she didn't know what else to say or do aside from the two things that she had done.

But there was one thing that she knew for certain.

She didn't want to end up going down the same path as Nameless, even if that sounded harsh and cruel, it was the truth. She simply didn't. To kill those who didn't deserve it, to experiment and torment people, no. There was no justice, no thing that was right about it, Nameless was just as bad as Him. And neither being did Skylar look up to in awe, but Him, she looked up to in fear and respect, knowing to keep away from whatever He made and did.
    Nameless
    Nameless
    Krillin VIP

Without A Body

Character Sheet

Post by Nameless Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:27 pm

MY LIFE DOES NOT END
    LIFE IS PERMANENT

She would not move nor react when the woman wrapped her arms around her. To her, it was nothing more than a gesture she barely understood the reason for. her unblinking eyes still stared at where she once stood, gazing blankly. It was a pain she felt, but didn't understand... She chose to ignore the shaking feeling.

But she read the book. She knew the story. She had talked with her sibling and the answers danced between them. She knew more than she let herself believe.

"I am only allowed to take the bodies from those tainted by evil." she would say, her voice now shaken, but continued with the same strength, "Every time I live their lives, I am filled with their memories. Each new body, leaves me with new thoughts that aren't my own, and the past vessels echo in my mind." Her eyes would close as she would lean onto the girl's shoulder, should she remain there, "Everyone knows of this. How am I to change, when every new body, gives me more thoughts of evil? "

But then she connected it.

She was the only one who could understand evil. She was the only one who could understand the darkness.

Because that's what she was.
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:55 pm

Skylar
    Pandora's Phoenix
    Surprise came from Skylar as Nameless didn't try and push her away, or really make any movement. To her, it was rather strange, but something that she accepted readily. After all, everyone was their own unique person. Nameless spoke firmly, but her voice was shaken from the memories that she recalled.

Nameless leaned her head forward, resting it against Skylars left shoulder. Again, she was surprised by this. Something that was meant to house so much evil and darkness, yet here she was, someone only able to leap from evil to evil... But she also displayed some form of kindness and emotion by what she was doing. A small smile pulled on Skylar's face as she moved her hand to rub against Nameless's back.

"Just because you live and see more darkness with every body doesn't mean you need to act on what you think. You probably have thousands of memories of what people thought, their memories, their actions and what they have done. But, I'm not an expert..." Skylar gave a small shrug, her normally firm voice betraying her uncertainty with her words, "But you don't need to act on such things, but... I'm not sure, maybe you have heard these words before and find them impossibly annoying."

With that thought, Skylar gave a light chuckle.

Who, Skylar? Being annoying and probably speaking out of line?

Hell yes.
    Nameless
    Nameless
    Krillin VIP

Without A Body

Character Sheet

Post by Nameless Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:08 pm

MY LIFE DOES NOT END
    LIFE IS PERMANENT

It was comforting. Nothing she did actually calmed her down, nor made it easier for her control herself, but it was comforting to have her try.

"Perhaps if could hear the voices of memories that didn't belong to you, you would understand." the walking corpse spoke, "Perhaps by understanding what makes me who I am, is what Xa wants. To understand the chaos of this world, you have to understand the root of the evils. And I have seen, and done it all."

From her sleeve, a single syringe lay in her grasp, full of her own blood. With a simple prick and push, her blood would flow into the new resident of Pandora. With it, the memories of Axil, Naruto, Foruth Horseman, Zeon Eldia, and few others. It would all be shown to her thoughts at once, for how long? She wouldn't know. She only knew it would last  a few moments, and it would only show so much. It was up up her to process the mountain of information. She thought about it, but for once, she fought her self.

"I can show you the evil that lurks in my mind, it will be like a movie within your memories." she would say, but her words would not be positive at all. "You must only promise me that you will not rise to the evil I once was. And that you will help me find a lesser tainted body."

And the choice was given.
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:37 pm

Skylar
    Pandora's Phoenix
    The sight of the syringe that suddenly came forth from Nameless did anything but make her feel safe. The thing was full of a crimson liquid. Judging by the appearance of it, Skylar guessed that it was some form of blood. At her offer, the Phoenix slowly frowned at what was offered before her. Why would she even have to make Nameless a promise like that? Would the memories of what has happened in previous lifetimes corrupt her thinking- even if it was just for a few moments?

Skylar stopped what she was doing, taking a step back away from Nameless to look up into her blood red eyes. There was nothing that Skylar could read from them. But... Maybe, just maybe... It'd help her to understand the predicament that Nameless was in.

Coming to a decision after several dozen moments, she nodded to Nameless. "Alright, I promise that I won't fall to the same evil that you have. And I'll try and find you a body with a lesser evil than what you have now." She firmly stated, before lightly frowning. She didn't really know what she was getting herself into, but hey, maybe this would be something incredibly useful to actually know... Maybe. "Mind you, they use to have issues with getting syringes through my skin... It kept.. Breaking the needle."

She admitted that that was the truth. Her memories of the demons face as it screwed up and glared at the steel needles which were either snapped or warped... But... That was her last life..

Maybe it'll be different this time?
    Nameless
    Nameless
    Krillin VIP

Without A Body

Character Sheet

Post by Nameless Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:05 pm

LISTEN TO THE AGENCY

"I shalln't let you fall into the abyss." She would speak makign her way towards the girl. She would begin to reach out and hold her as she held Nameless moments before. The needle itself was organic, and like most things that Family used, it was made of Ironbark, the strongest metal in the realm, the material that built Kaseki's home, and the material Kaseki himself was made out of. The only thing stronger than this material, was newer, fresher Ironbark.

Nameless would be careful in finding a spot in the back of the girl's neck. She would slowly piece the skin and inject her own blood into the girl. In less than a fraction of a second, the memories would pour in.

She would see them mixed and out of place. From the destruction of the Agency to other things like meeting in Kaseki's Castle with her sibling and rival. Even moments meeting common mages and manipulating their will for her own benefit. Even threatening children to other moments like getting her necklace back from her pet dog. And even to more recent times with Xa'Yang and another girl. Even moments in Lavender Town, plotting death, and the day of thanks at her creator's palace.

It would all flood in a moment, seconds, minutes. years in just a single breath. Nameless would hold her in embrace, unsure of what truly would be revealed. The hundreds of people she murdered in Fiore. The millions of humans killed in Kanto. The infants, children and families torn apart in urban City. She was evil, her entire being was, but maybe deep down her soul wasn't.

But why was it this way?
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:12 am

Skylar
    Pandora's Phoenix
    Nameless held Skylar, arms holding her in a way that mimicked what Skylar had done for her. A cold fear began to coil in her stomach, seconds later, a small prick was felt in the back of her neck. The feeling of overstimulated nerves as, for the first time in her entire life, she felt the skin itself tear before the metal. The cells themselves forced apart, tearing the tight bonds and stimulating the nerves into hyperdrive to signal damage to her. The blood that forced itself into Skylar's neck was cold, but it hurt, the sensation of forcing it into her was incredibly odd. Her heart was pounding, intensely.

Why was her body reacting like this?

What the hang was she feeling?

Skylar didn't realise it but tears were flowing down her face as she rested her forehead against Nameless's shoulder, trying to calm the racing nerves and erratic pulse. Her mouth was dry, but why? It was with that thought that, rather suddenly, that way of thinking was torn away from her.

Skylar's memories were ravaged by those foreign to her, those belonging to Nameless. Conversations, deaths, anger, slaughters, everything flooded into her mind. However, the pain from those memories, the sheer volume of satisfaction of their deaths, the agony that innocents felt- that wasn't the reason that tears fell onto Nameless's shoulder. She could see, she could understand why Nameless was dismal, feeling as if she couldn't push away her own demons that plagued her. How evil deeds followed her wake.

But she knew from her promise that she wouldn't do that. It wasn't in Skylar's normal nature to even let things like that happen. Instead, she preferred not to let innocents be harmed. Sure, she could kill. She could slaughter without remorse and force people to back down... But slaughtering those who didn't deserve it and to feel the sheer satisfaction of their deaths wasn't sitting well with her. Skylar almost felt sickened from the memories.

After her racing mind calmed down from having those foreign memories thrust upon her, Skylar slowly rose her gaze to Nameless. Her ebony eyes gleamed in an emotion that she simply hadn't felt before. Was it uncertainty? Pain? Discomfort? Skylar couldn't figure it out herself as she shook her head, her tears still falling as she cast her gaze away again. "I can see why you don't want me to follow in your footsteps. But... t... there's still good in what you've done recently... When you haven't been... Oh Light what have you done to yourself, Nameless? Or what has fate done to you?" Her tone was off, half there, confused and almost distant, her mind trying to figure out just what the feeling in her neck had been.

All she knew was that she hated it, never wanting to feel that again...

Like a broken dam, questions suddenly flooded her mind, her memories struggling to resort themselves into what were truly hers and what wasn't. Her forehead would return to resting on Nameless's shoulder.

If she had to admit it, she felt incredibly bad for the being in front of her. Corpse inhabiting soul or not, Skylar felt horrid for her. She almost wanted to see what Nameless would be like if she didn't have this curse. What Nameless had done in the past, all of it was so horrible, things that she'd done completely unforgiveable. But, just to see her free from the guilt and emotion that Nameless held around these events. To free her from how she saw herself, something so toxic and so truly evil that this was where the root of all evil belonged...

Skylar would trade places with her.

"I'm so sorry that you live with these thoughts constantly. That you carry them with you every day. I... I'm so, so sorry." Her voice shook in uncertainty, the shock of feeling pain for the first time hazing her thoughts and words still.
    Nameless
    Nameless
    Krillin VIP

Without A Body

Character Sheet

Post by Nameless Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:04 pm

LISTEN TO THE AGENCY

"Five thousand three hundred and forty seven." she spoke those words, the numbers that burned into her soul, "That is how many recorded bodies I've repossessed and memories and minds I have had mixed in with my own." She would hold the girl ever so gently as she told her these things. There was much to herself that she would never comprehend, she could only trust what was written and recorded. No matter how far she reached in her mind, she would not dare relive certain moments even at a glimpse of who she once was. She knew her name, her face, her powers were all there. But she would have to reach past Crimson King. The darkest soul she ever subsided.

The fiancee of Christine.

"You are not evil. You are a kind soul." she would continue, "You are the only one who has allowed me to show you this, so I thank you." She would continue, knowing that her own body would soon rot, and she would have to go through another change soon enough.

"But I will not let you escape to the torments of Hel. She is not a woman you would like to meet, and her children are equally as tainted. You have a choice." A choice Nameless would never tell any of her pupils. "You can learn from my past, from what I have shown you, or you may leave these halls and talk to the others Xa had informed you of. Perhaps they will help you find a better purpose, and forget what you have seen."

And so it started.

The longest period Nameless had fought the spirit of Elizavetha. For her verbal tic was gone . . . for now.
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:25 pm

Skylar
    Pandora's Phoenix
    "No one deserves to go through what you do and have no one to share it with." That was the only comment that Skylar could make, before her eyes closed, head partially still resting on Nameless's shoulder.

Nameless had lived and seen more lifetimes than Skylar ever wished to see, through different eyes. But she had to ownder, just how many of those lives were cut short due to bombs? Due to sacrificing herself to take down an entire section of a city and whoever was in it. But maybe she wasn't even female at times, maybe she was also male. Wait, no. Those memories that Nameless had given to Skylar showed that she had been male in some of those memories.

That would have been weird, to swap from one to the other seemingly constantly.

Almost in defiance, Skylar shook her head. Nameless thought that she might forget what she had seen here? "How can I forget what you have shown me, or at least not be moved by those things? To do so would be careless on my behalf and cruel to you. Something like this which is shown should not be so readily forgotten. I might one day overcome these... memories that you have given me, but your courage and your willingness to help me? There's no way I'll ever forget that debt and I WILL keep my promise to you." Her tone of voice almost dared Nameless to actually challenge her, but in reality, there was nothing that Skylar could actually do to her, in all honesty. What was she going to do, bap her to death?

Skylar paused for a few moments, why couldn't she learn from both Nameless's mistakes as well as talk with others? She was sure that she could do both... Right? Slowly she sighed, carefully taking a step back from Nameless as she raised a hand to clear away her tears.

"Please forgive a rather stupid question, but is it possible for me to do both, learn from your mistakes and talk with others? Or will what I have learned here, the promise I've made you... Will that begin to leave if I leave?" Skylar inquired, probably looking stupid, but she'd rather ask a question than not and suffer later for it. Or do something idiotic from not knowing. That too.
    Nameless
    Nameless
    Krillin VIP

Without A Body

Character Sheet

Post by Nameless Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:44 pm

LISTEN TO THE AGENCY

She had awaited those words. Long awaited those words.

"My offer will always remain true. Even if I am thousands of bodies away from my family, my bloodline traits remain the same. I never go back on my word." She spoke instinctively, without any thought. "but if you leave those doors, I cannot assure you I will be the same. I don't know how much longer I have in this body before I find myself woken in a new sack of flesh. If you leave now, I don't know if I will be able to teach you for better or worse."

It was true. She didn't know what kind of person she would be stuck as in the next life. She didn't know how much she would forget, or what kinds of things her body would be compelled to do. It was chance, and for the sake of teaching, it was better for her to learn and understand before the transition, than after the fact.

It was a gamble.
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:05 pm

Skylar
    Pandora's Phoenix
    A smile blossomed on her face, despite the things that Nameless had told her. The hand that cleared away Skylar's own tears curved around her neck, gently rubbing the swollen section of skin where the needle pierced through the surface. The words that Nameless had said, to her, was rather harsh to experience, it may have even been sad to an extent. There was one thing that was for certain. One simple thing that Skylar was actually sure of. This girl before her, even if her body was slowly rotting away, she'd change. And she could change into something that couldn't help her.

Her stance took something of pride, straightening herself, eyes making contact with the crimson orbs as her hands planted themselves on her hips.

There was an even worse thing that could happen to the poor female before her. She could go into a body in which Nameless might forget the promise Skylar and her had. Go to someone who would bring hell down onto Pandora and drive her further away from doing some form of good in this world. And it was with those thoughts in her mind that Skylar inclined her head to her.

"I would rather not miss a chance to learn from you. So I think I'd rather stay here, by your side and lean from what you have to show and teach me before you leave for a new body." Her tone was proud, firm, sure of her decision. Confident that this was what she wanted, who she wanted to learn from.

Skylar paused for a few moments, dwelling on Nameless's predicament...

"And maybe, just maybe, I'll have found you a new body by the time you need to move on to another host."
    Nameless
    Nameless
    Krillin VIP

Without A Body

Character Sheet

Post by Nameless Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:49 pm

LISTEN TO THE AGENCY

She would begin to create a hair of distance between them, as if to tell her they were to start right away.

"Then when you are ready, we will embark on a quest. From there, you will gather yourself and I can teach you what I can." she spoke with a bit of worry in her tone. It would be one of the few times she feared the next body she would inhabit.

She would take the time to help her grow and understand how her power worked in this world. In Pandora, magic never changes, but the atmosphere changes how people attain natural power. People have to learn to reteach themselves their skills. Some gather it quicker than others. Nameless would help her to regain what she had lost, and perhaps even learn new powers in this world.
    Skylar
    Skylar
    Sakura VIP

HANDS OFF MY KOHAI!

Post by Skylar Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:14 pm

Skylar
    Pandora's Phoenix
    To Nameless's comment, she raised an eyebrow. Really, she was going to ask the girl a question like that? Skylar could recall the last time she wasn't prepared for something. Well, aside from being thrown into Pandora, but that didn't count.

One last time, Skylar glanced around the labs before them. It'd be nice to see a change of scenery, in all honesty. With a simple nod, Skylar turned her attention back to Nameless. Her smile didn't leave her face as she deepened the nod and included her back into the action to offer a half bow to her. For a few moments, Skylar wondered if Nameless could hear her heart hammering in a combination of both nerves and excitement. It wasn't like it mattered anyway for the moment.

"I'm ready whenever you are." Skylar replied, unknowing of what Nameless was truly going to teach her. In one way, she was excited to learn what she had to offer. But in another, she was terrified that it was going to take her an entire lifetime to understand everything.

In the end, only time would actually tell.

She straightened from her bow, ready to follow Nameless wherever she would lead her to.
    Nameless
    Nameless
    Krillin VIP

Without A Body

Character Sheet

Post by Nameless Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:15 pm

LISTEN TO THE AGENCY

There was much to learn and practice. Nameless would have to train her in any form of magic for the time being to see what would stick. For now, they would have to train and then select a target. Nameless needed someone gone. In fact, she needed a lot of people gone. With more bodies to harness power, the more control she had over the next life she would live.

She needed to make sure Skylar was well enough for the mission. And even though Nameless could have done it herself, her power would destroy anything she fought. He needed someone weaker than herself for her tasks.

She needed a pupil.

[/end]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:01 am