Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unknown Lands

Welcome to the world of Unknown Lands Roleplay Forum!

If you have questions you can create an account and post on our questions section or join our Discord! (https://discord.gg/jupj2Zh) If you have any questions on lore and our systems, please don't hesitate to ask us.

The Unknown Lands of Pandora is regarded as a "Multiverse" forum or a "Free Forum" meaning that we are not based on a single series, but rather multiple with our own custom systems. Each "Kingdom" of Pandora is another anime/cartoon series with other various sub series that make up the entire land.

We can't wait to meet you!

Unknown Lands

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest! Your last visit was . You have made 118 posts! Please welcome our newest member, Amaihana!

Trouble on the way back home (Closed)

Timmir
    Timmir

The Giving Tree I Need A Medic! Ooh Shiny! Trouble on the way back home (Closed) Empty
    There Can Be Only One

Lineage : Legend's Trio, Phoenix Fire
    Position : None
    Origin : De Fiore
    Sacred Shards : 2
    Class : C
    Level : 10
    Experience : 680

Character Sheet
    Character Name: Malm Korlif
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Primary Magic: Balance of Nature

Trouble on the way back home (Closed) Empty Trouble on the way back home (Closed)

Post by Timmir Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:37 am

A lone young man walked through the forest as the sun began to fall from the sky. As he seemingly unknowingly stepped on a twig, a loud snapping sound resonated throughout the otherwise silent forest. The man didn't seem to pay it any mind. Instead just shifting the weight of the heavy pack on his back as he continued on his way.

It's getting late. Malm noted as he notice the setting sun, I should probably look at setting up camp here soon. I won't be making it to the gate by to... His thought process was interrupted however as he saw a muscular man with a pretty large axe standing in his path.

"Hello there boy. I suggest you hands us all your possessions so that no one gets hurt." The man said with a malicious smirk on his face.

Malm took notice of at least three other men beginning to surround him. One had a crossbow, while another had a pistol, and the third wielded a scimitar. It wouldn't be all that surprising Malm to learn that the weapons they wielded were stolen. None of them seemed to be wearing any visible armor though.

"Four against one and no escape. Hardly seems fair." Malm noted aloud, "Look. I don't want any trouble. How about you just let me pass, and we can all go our seperate ways?"

The man just laughed at the ridiculousness of Malm's question.

"Well it was worth a shot." Malm said as he knew full well that it was highly unlikely these bandits were just going to let him go that easily. It seemed that he was going to have to do this the hard way then.
    Andr01d
    Andr01d
    Natsu VIP

How It's Made Terraforming Trouble on the way back home (Closed) Empty Trouble on the way back home (Closed) Empty
    Son of The Demon of Life || Father of the Demon of Logic

Lineage : Demon of Time
    Origin : Pandora
    Sacred Shards : 14
    Class : S
    Level : 76
    Experience : 118440

Character Sheet
    Character Name: Aknaid
    Alignment: Lawful Evil
    Primary Magic: Art of Mummification

Trouble on the way back home (Closed) Empty Re: Trouble on the way back home (Closed)

Post by Andr01d Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:15 pm

"How about I re-extend the offer." The voice was cold and shaky. It almost raspy and aged it its tone. It passed through a barrier. That barrier? A suit of armor. From behind a tree the figure stepped out. He bore no weapons, just him, his words, and his suit. "Or I can take your skulls " His tone was deathly serious, almost like a threat. But that was just it, it was a threat. He looked at the four men. An axe, a crossbow, a pistol and a scimitar. He smiled from under his suit. They would face the unknown power of whatever wore that helmet and armor. He wanted to test his new power. Seeing as his rival was no longer a rival in war, but a rival in peace, his mind was clear.

That forest was his place of tranquility for the day. He was letting his thoughts race freely. It was by chance he found the boy and the men there. Maybe it was his time... his time to be a protector of Pandora.
    Timmir
    Timmir

The Giving Tree I Need A Medic! Ooh Shiny! Trouble on the way back home (Closed) Empty
    There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Trouble on the way back home (Closed) Empty Re: Trouble on the way back home (Closed)

Post by Timmir Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:00 am

Malm body began to grow tense as he prepared for battle. His mind already planning on how exactly he would defeat these men. The whole fight seemed like it would be pretty simple as long as he played his cards right. They would learn that it's never a good idea to underestimate an opponent.

Or at least they would if not a voice coming from the woods suggesting that they reconsider. The voice was soon revealed to belong to a an armored figure as he emerged from the woods. The lead bandits eyes narrowed as he heard the mans threats.

"You dare threaten me!" The axe wielding bandit declared in rage, "No one threatens me and lives to tell about it." He then charged straight towards Akraid, swinging his axe in a wide arc.

Noticing the moment of hesitation on the other bandits as they witnessed this, Malm knew that if he moved quickly enough, he could most probably follow through with his plan and dispatch the crossbowman before the other two were able to do anything. Yet what about the stranger that came to his aid. Other then hid armor, he carried no visible weapons or any other way to defend himself whatsoever. Could Malm really risk this man getting injured or worse by doing nothing to help him?

Malm gritted his teeth as he made his judgement call. Calling upon the magic of nature around him, he aimed his Oaken Form spell at the stranger with his right hand. If the spell is able to take hold, an oak-like armor would instantly appear over the stranger's armor, being more then able to absorb the hit if the bandit's axe were to land. This move was not without repercussions however, as the crossbowman took note of the move and shot a bolt at Malm in retaliation, which will painfully lodged itself into the back of his shoulder without any outside interference.

HP: 100% ~~~? 90%
    MP: 90%
    Balance: 1

Oaken Form: 2 D rank Hits, 3 Posts, Cooldown 3

((To be honest, when I first wrote this, I originally had Malm taking out the crossbowman. Yet as I began to fall asleep, I noticed that Malm had little reason to believe that Akraid would have a way to defend himself, and would opt to protect him rather then attack the bandits. So I decided to quickly change it. Sorry if this happens to cause any problems.))

Last edited by Timmir on Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To make the post better fit with Malm's character.)
    Andr01d
    Andr01d
    Natsu VIP

How It's Made Terraforming Trouble on the way back home (Closed) Empty Trouble on the way back home (Closed) Empty

Character Sheet

Post by Andr01d Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:35 am

"Suit yourself." He thrust his open palm towards the man's shoulder, hitting his pressure point fast and effectively. The man grunted as the force of the axe weakened, his hand soon releasing his weapon. With his right hand he force his grasp to the man's throat, putting extreme pressure. He looked over at the boy at the now bleeding man. He saw the spell coming his way. "Good thinking, kid!" he thought to himself as he spun the man into the travel path of the beam. He was surely about to die anyways, and the boy's spell. He threw him to progress the action as he grabbed the axe. He spun around and tossed the axe at the man with the pistol. The one that, no doubt, had the most range and the fastest weapon.
    Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:22 pm

Malm felt an explosion of pain in the back of his shoulder as the bolt met it's mark. He found his vision turning red for a split second as he lost focus on what was happening with the armored man. Instead, he flipped around to see the crossbow wielding bandit reloading his weapon. Malm knew he better act quickly if he wanted to avoid any more injury.

In a crouched stance, Malm moved himself as quickly as he could over to were the bandit was at. The bandit managed to get a single shot off before Malm made it to him, but because of his crouched stance, the bolt flew right over Malm to only end up hitting a tree. Then, with a single motion, Malm drew his sword and nimbly swung it so that the blade cut the string of the crossbow. With the weapon now effectively disabled, the bandit attempted to punch Malm in the fist, which Malm easily ducked and countered with a quick stab tomthe bandits right leg. Malm then quickly followed this up with a right hook to the stun bandit's jaw, knocking the man off his feet.

"I wouldn't try anything if I were you. Unless you want to feel the sting of my blade?" He threatened the man as he pointed his sword at the bandit. With the downed bandit showing no signs of resistance, or consciousness for that matter, Malm took a quick glance up to see that the armored man had took care of two of the other bandits, and that the remaining bandit booking it. Malm couldn't blame him though. It must be quite demoralizing to see all your allies handled so easily.

HP: 90%
    MP: 90%
    Balance: 1

Oaken Form: 2 D rank hits, 2 Posts Duration
    Andr01d
    Andr01d
    Natsu VIP

Character Sheet

Post by Andr01d Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:47 pm

Aknaid stood there under the shade of the tree. The cool green grass now stained with the red that poured from the man's throat, and down Aknaid's hand. It had been a while since he killed anyone without the purpose of a goal. His armor remained untouched, unscratched. The only visible part of the being in the suit, was the hands. A claw on either end, each looking to be a couple inches long. Four appendages. One side an olive green, the other a stained red.

"May I ask your name?" the man in the suit said.
    Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:15 am

As Malm took notice of the armor man's crimson stained claw, he couldn't help, but look down at the two bandits that the man 'took care of'. From the looks of it alone, both were killed pretty ruthlessly. It was almost scary to Malm. This man was definitely not the kind of guy Malm wanted to be on the wrong side of.

Then as the man asked Malm for his name, Malm paused for only a second as he sheathe his weapon, debating whether or not it was a wise idea to share his name with the man or not. "I'm Malm. Malm Korliff. And you would be?" He asked as he kept a careful eye on the man. This man may not appear to be hostile now, but time has taught him that it was never a good idea to just throw caution to the wind.
    Andr01d
    Andr01d
    Natsu VIP

Character Sheet

Post by Andr01d Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:24 am

The figure remained still, almost stunned. He begun to scoff, a laughter. He held his chest at the mention of his name. "You're Malm? Aha!" He looked down at the first man that was executed, his windpipe ripped out from his body. He noticed the odd armor that encased him. It was true, it was a support spell, not one used offensively. Had he had known the name of the boy, his actions would have been to use the armor to its full potential, but now... he had no time for that. He took steps toward the boy, still snickering, "Aknaid," he extended his left hand to the boy, only to retract his crimson claw soon after, then he extended his right to the boy, "You were friends with my father, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter." Only time would tell the true story. The story of sacrifice, of giving your life to those that gave it to you. This was the legacy of Aknaid.
    Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:57 am

Malm looked at Akraid's hand for a second before carefully extending his own right hand to shake it. This man seemed alright so far. Sure the sudden laughing when Malm told the man his name was odd, but at least the man wasn't trying to kill him yet, which was always a plus. A good part of Malm did wish he'd used his other hand for the handshake though. Sure the claws were bloody, but right now he thinks that would of been slightly preferable compared to the vast amount of pain that the bolt in the back of his shoulder is causing him from just moving his right arm. Probably should remove that once he gets the chance.

So once the handshake was finished, he listened to Akraid mentioned hearing about Malm from his family while he reached his left hand over to where the bolt was and gotgrasped it. Then, once he had fully brace, he pulled the bolt out from his shoulder as a rush of pain roared thoughout his shoulder. "Oh gods, that hurts." He cried out as he dropped the bolt onto the ground so he could instinctively cover it with his left hand, "It just had to be in an awkward spot too." He then added with a grunt as he oddly maneuvered his right hand so that it was over the wound. It then began to glow a soft green as he called upon his healing powers to close the wound, much to his relief.

"Uhh... Sorry about that. I couldn't stand leaving that thing in my shoulder for much longer." Malm apologized before thinking back to what Akraid said before he pulled the bolt out of his shoulder. He just couldn't think at all who those family members that Akraid mention could be. Was it possible that this man could just have him mistaken for some other Malm?

"So uhh... Back to the topic at hand. You say I was a friend with your father, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter. Do you think you could possibly clarify who your talking about. I'm sorry to say that I can't recall anyone who would fit the description you told me." Malm asked, feeling a bit disappointed in himself that he had no idea who these friends that Akraid was eluding to were.
    Andr01d
    Andr01d
    Natsu VIP

Character Sheet

Post by Andr01d Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:13 am

Aknaid twisted his head, cracking his neck. He reached up to his helmet. "Yuna Seikatsu, the previous leader of Nox Animus, and current leader of Aelyst Crux." His hands pressed against the side of his head, one hand leaving a crimson print. "Bea T. Black, freedom fighter and former guildless, current member of Mermaid Tail." His helmet rose from his body, a steamlike mist and fog fell from it. His neck was green, like that of an aging garden snake. As he lifted the helmet even further his head shape was shown. He was definitely not a human, not anymore at least. He looked like an human ant, only lacking the massive teeth, yet he had something short of fangs. It was as if his skeleton was that of a dog, or wolf rather, coated in scales of a snake accompanied by an additional exoskeleton of an insect. "And Kaseki, the mad man, leader of Dragon Fang, previous member of Lamia Scale, Savage Skull, Nox Animus, and Sabertooth." He gave a small smirk, "That man is my father, the freedom fighter my daughter-in-law, and Yuna my granddaughter." He tucked the headpiece under his arm as he reached towards his back. A small click was hear, and his claw revealed a roll of gauze, "Nature's Healer, he said." and Aknaid extended the roll to the boy.
    Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:08 am

Malm listened intently to what Akraid had said. At first he thought Akraid was trying to pull something over him when he mention that the leader of Fiore was once a friend of Malm, whom Malm never even remembers meeting. He faintly remembers maybe seeing her at a party once three years ago, but that's about it. It's not like they ever met face to face, or even held a conversation together, he thinks. Maybe? Ugh... Malm just couldn't remember.

The other two names that Akraid spoke of though were one's that Malm was a lot more familiar with. Bea being an old friend and teammate of his before the war, and Kaseki being an enigma of a man that Malm found himself running into often early on his journey. Having not heard anything from the two of them since the war, he had feared that they had died in it. Yet now it seemed that they both may still be alive.

"Uhh... Thanks." Malm said as he accepted the roll of gauze. He didn't seem all to effected by Akraid's appearance. Though that's to be expected seeing how he's use to hanging out with unusually looking creatures.

"I have one more question to ask. Are both Bea and Kaseki still alive? I'm sorry, but I just need to be sure." Malm asked, not wanting to get his hopes up just yet. Not when there was still a chance he was looking to much into this and that they either of them had passed away.
    Andr01d
    Andr01d
    Natsu VIP

Character Sheet

Post by Andr01d Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:40 am

Aknaid gave a small chuckle, "You aren't in Fiore anymore, you're in Pandora." He reclined his limbs back to his side, where they eventually found themselves folded in fron of his chest, "Kaseki was dead, up until I went back to save him." His eyes were black and gave no emotion to his tale. He told it clearly, leaving no detail out, "Bea lead the resistance, and continues to fight back with the help of Kaseki's dog, Fetus under the group name of Mermaid Tail. She is currently married to my son, Ramen Fighter."

He stood tall and straight, speaking to the boy. It was then that he realized he left the question unanswered. But it was apparent, but he had to clarify. "You're in Kaseki's world. He rules it. And your friend, Bea, as well as Alexei are still breathing." He smiled, letting the helmet roll down his arms and into his palm. He caught it by the edge and let it dangle on just a few fingers. "I'm the leader of the Legion of Neutrals. Its been my job since I was born to watch over this realm."
    Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:04 pm

Well that's an odd comment to make. Wonder why he had the sudden need to ask that? Did I say something to imply that I didn't know where I am? I mean, it's not exactly easy to leave the grounds of Fiore without knowing it. Malm thought when Akraid found it necessary to tell him that they were in Pandora. Maybe he just shouldn't think about it to much.

He continued to listen to Akraid as the insect man updated him on what's been happening. It seemed a lot has been going on with the others since the last he saw of them. Though he guessed he should of suspected as much seeing three years had past. After all, he himself has been keeping pretty busy during these past few years, so why wouldn't the others have been also.

"Well. It's good to hear everyone's doing alright. I have to admit that a bit surprised that Bea married. She never seemed to be the type. I wish I could say the same thing about Kaseki ruling this place though. It seemed to be just like him to rule over a strange world like this." Malm said as he took a look around.

"Thanks again. It's nice to hear that they are all alright. It gets some of this weight off my shoulder."
    Andr01d
    Andr01d
    Natsu VIP

Character Sheet

Post by Andr01d Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:20 am

Aknaid nodded, "Most don't seem to know the differences between this world and their host world." He rested the base of his helmet at his side, and a small click was heard. It hooked itself to the side of his hip, where Aknaid's hands now rested. "The basic concepts of your world do not apply here. You were in Fiore for maybe, two three years?" His face revealed a grin that was either sinister or charming. "For Kaseki, it's been one million."

Pandora was the Plane Of Oblivion, all of Kaseki's family made that a point. It was nothing, a complete void until it was given to him. It was his gift. A gift for his dream and ideals. A gift because he had no home to go to. And that's how the world was made. Kaseki called himself the Demon of Life, not because he was a demon, but to reflect on the opposing occupation of his father, The Angel of Death. In turn, her controlled the lives of those destined for something better. He gave life, while his father took death.

Aknaid interrupted his own timeline to save his father from... himself. His soul was cast aside and lost into the void of Pandora. It would be forced to live alone, and apart from the original body of Aknaid. In turn, Kaseki was able to be saved, and in turn for his son's life, Kaseki gave him time.

And what did he do with his time? Well only time would tell. Everyone was born a human.
    Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:39 pm

"Hmm... Most don't, do they? Well I guess that makes me an exception then." Malm gloated just a little as he crossed his arms. He did find it odd how the man claimed that he lived in Fiore for only the past two to three years despite Malm having lived in that country all his life, but decided there was no need to correct the man.

"I do have to ask though. What do you mean the basic concepts of my world not applying here? From what I've seen so far, this place is not much different then Fiore. I mean other then being the new home for what was once several other worlds that is." Malm questioned as he would like to know learn about the place his home world founded itself in.
    Andr01d
    Andr01d
    Natsu VIP

Character Sheet

Post by Andr01d Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:29 am

Aknaid chuckled at just the mere thought of change. This world was.... custom. "Laws of physics, gravity, science, math, logic, time... Life... Do not exist here." The helmet began to cave in on itself, folding itself into the suit Aknaid wore. It seemed to minimize space to allow him to be anywhere as he pleased and to well... take as little room as possible. "You're in the Plane of Oblivion, Limbo, Purgatory, The Dreamscape. You're in everything that isn't reality, heaven, or hell. This is Pandora."

There was no need to continue forth. Those words were enough to express the situation. He felt no need to bombard the child with information. "Those last few years in your world, Kaseki left. He came here, and made this world." Aknaid didn't need to tell the fairy tale of the two kingdoms and the knights that fought everyday, The story was they they fought everyday, fighting for the same cause, without knowing it. Aknaid believed the tale to be between Kaseki and Kodai.

But his entire life... he had been wrong.
    Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:23 am

As he listened to Aknaid, Malm's eyes wandered to the ground beneath him. It was proving a little difficult for him to wrap his head around what Aknaid was saying. What did the man mean that this place is everything that isn't reality? How would that even be possible? He mention Purgatory, so could that mean they were all dead?

Malm took a small jump into the air just to reassure himself. The gravity didn't seem any different from Fiore. He then remembered what Aknaid just said. Kaseki made this world after his stay in Fiore. If he's able to do that, wouldn't that mean he was able to create the rule of gravity and all that.

"If what you say is true, then Kaseki doesn't just rule this world, but he's it's creator. He's the reason why this whole place even exists. I guess that puts him on the same level as the gods are." Malm said as he tried to wrap his head around the whole thing. Kaseki now being a god is a strange thing for him to comprehend. Yet there was one more thing Malm wanted to know.

"If he made this world though, then why did he bring the other worlds here?" Malm asked as he assumed that Kaseki would be the one who brought them all there, "Was he just bored, or did he just have some kind of plan for us?"
    Andr01d
    Andr01d
    Natsu VIP

Character Sheet

Post by Andr01d Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:36 am

"I think you know him as well as I do." Aknaid said to the green haired human, "The only thing Kaseki plans, is dinner." He joked about it, but was half serious. Kaseki couldn't plan even if he wanted to, be just got bored to easily. He was more of a spur-of-the-moment type of person. Then he thought back to his Thanksgiving dinner. He must have just came up with it several minutes before hand. He left before explaining anything, probably because he had no idea what his plan was. He always felt the need to create things.

"The Starfalls." Aknaid finally said, "They brought you here. They fell from every world and everyone made their wish. The closest thing that existed to their wish, was Pandora. That's why you're all here." He made a small chuckle knowing the story's origin. It was nothing else than a samurai with a vow of silence and a eccentric spirit, the same spirit that fell in love with a warrior of a woman. The same spirit was his son. "Think of them as angels that grant a wish. After that wish is made, they're wiped from existence. If they were to die, then they would just-" Then it hit him... what if they all just died afterwards? Then would they be resurrected in Pandora? It would be the correct place, unless they went to the two main worlds. But then who collected the souls? His grandfather, Death himself, couldn't, he never visited Pandora... except that one time...

Aknaid's eyes fell to the grass below his feet. He was speechless. He might have discovered something that could change his world for the better... or possibly, even the worse...
    Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:30 am

Malm rubbed the side of his head as Aknaid half-jokingly told him that Kaseki was only planning for dinner. "Yeah. That's much more his style." Malm admitted. He's known Kaseki for a while now, and not once had the treeman ever seem to be the type that has some kind of big plan. He was more the type that did just about whatever he wanted whenever he got the urge to. Malm could still remember when the man just suddenly soaked him to the bone during a spar before disappearing into the forest they were in.

Aknaid then told Malm something that he didn't expect. Instead of Kaseki being the one that brought them all here, it was being called starfalls granting wishes. That did make Malm wonder what exactly the wish they made in order to bring them all here. It also made Malm feel sad for these starfalls. To grant a single wish to just be wiped from existence. Yet Aknaid just stopped in the middle of his description of them as if something was on his mind.

"If they die, then they would just what?" Malm asked curious, wanting to know what the man was about to say.
    Andr01d
    Andr01d
    Natsu VIP

Character Sheet

Post by Andr01d Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:40 am

"It's nothing, I'm sure."

He pondered the thought for the moment, only to realize his new position in Pandora. He was no longer just the "Son of Kaseki", but rather a Kingdom Keeper. He would protect Urban City with his life. And as luck would have it, his nemesis soon became his ally and rival. It was a turn of events. Something to be expected when Kaseki does things spontaneously. But then his idea of the other man that held another key was raised to his attention. Who was Alexei? He knew Bea and Malm knew him. but why did Kaseki choose him for a Keyblade?

"Now I have kept you too long. I must be going. Feel free to follow me to Urban City if you wish. I have urgent matters to attend to." Aknaid turned from his friend with a smile on his face. He had his own group to attend to, and if he was anything like Ms.Black, joining a group wasn't his thing anyways. "You're a great mage." Aknais said stepping away from the boy. He wasn't going far, but he was making a slow pace back to his home city.
    Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:30 am

Malm's eyes narrowed slightly as Aknaid claimed that it was nothing. Sure it wasn't. Well Malm can't claim that he didn't see the resemblance between Aknaid and Kaseki anymore. Both like to leave him with questions unanswered.

Still there was little reason to actually be upset at Aknaid. He did tell Malm a lot more about this place then he would of known otherwise. And it was also nice to hear a confirmation that a few of his friends are still alive.

Then as Aknaid said that he had to go, the man gave Malm the option to come along with him. Malm paused for a second to think before saying. "Thanks for the offer, but I'm afraid I have to pass. Like you, I have things I need to attend to back home. Besides..." Malm's eyes wonder over to the two dead bandits lying on the ground, "I can't exactly leave them here like this." He finished with melancholy in his voice.
    Andr01d
    Andr01d
    Natsu VIP

Character Sheet

Post by Andr01d Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:52 am

Aknaid stopped to look over at the bodies that lay on the ground. "Kind hearts are always found in the most unaccounted times." He turned and walked to the man that lay just beside him. He knelt next to him and set is hand over his bloodied face. His fingers seemed to dig into his flesh and bone, only the body did not cave in. It was as if he was reaching through a body that was no there. With a sudden jolt he snapped his arm back, pulling out a strange line of ivory aura. The light wrapped itself around Aknaid and all around his arm. It soon faded away into nothing, and vanished into Aknaid's very being.

The body itself began to sink into the ground, the grass moving aside and atop of the once-human. He felt through the earth like a ghost, like a spirit. The vegetation moved aside and reformed, just as if he as never there. Aknaid stood up slowly, his arm pointed at where the man once lay, yet his hand pointed with each claw, each finger to the spot where he entered the man's being. "Very well." He turned to Malm, "I suppose it's best to tend to nature. Have you anything to assist in this, or are your spells more defensive at the moment?" He spoke, his other hand still dripping with blood.

That very power was a gift from his father to son. It was a debt that was paid, for giving up his life to save Life, Life gave life to him. He was the Janitor of Souls in a way. He was able to mimic that of his father's power, taking souls and knowledge, yet Pandora always reacted to him differently. Pandora was no place to house Soulless beings, and would dispose of them as such. So stood Aknaid, the holder of many souls..

... Yet he did not house his own.
    Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:40 pm

Malm eyes widen in horror when he took notice of what Aknaid was about to do. He tried to move to stop Aknaid, yet it was already to late. The insect man's claws dived viciously into the corpses chest. Having instinctively turned his way away from the sight, Malm built up his resolve to look, noticing that something was off. Despite Aknaid's claw being in the bandit's body, there was no wound. It was almost like Aknaid's claws weren't even there.

Before Malm could wrap his head what was happening, Aknaid pulled his claw out from the body, pulling something out of the body. Yet whatever it was, Malm wasn't able to tell before it was absorbed into Aknaid's body. Malm's attention was then drawn to the bandit's body as the ground appeared to just start engulfing him. Before long, there was no sign of it even being there anymore.

Malm heard Aknaid ask him something about tending to nature, but Malm was to focused on what just happened to pay much attention to it. "Wh-what did you just do? What happened to his body?" The normally level headed male asked with obvious fear in his voice.

Was Aknaid going to do the same thing with the other bandit's corpse, and what about the unconscious bandit next Malm? With little knowledge of what just happened, the young man could only hope for the best.
    Andr01d
    Andr01d
    Natsu VIP

Character Sheet

Post by Andr01d Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:46 am

"I am my father's son." He said viciously. He stood there, dripping blood from his hand. It was nearly just a thin dried coating of blood, almost staining his skin. He spoke as if it was absolutely normal for him to consume souls. Which in a way... it was.

"I told you what this world was. This is a haven to souls, and souls alone. Have you no soul, Pandora will remove of you." He pointed over to the other body with an axe dug deep into his face. It would have pained his heart had it been in his body. His body was a hallow shell, housing only souls. He was mummified in every sense, only to lose himself if he found himself.

"I could only assume that you haven't seen my father's true power then. As this is just a fraction of it." He made his way to what seemed to be Malm, only to be directed at the fallen soldier. It was quite a scene. An insect man comes out of nowhere to only assist and dispose of beings. But with anyone that knew Kaseki... the unexpected was expected.
    Timmir
    Timmir

There Can Be Only One

Character Sheet

Post by Timmir Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:55 pm

"So let me get this straight. Your telling me that thing you took from that bandit's body is his soul, and that both you and Kaseki are able to do such things?" Malm said as he tried his best to recover from what he just saw. Watching someone steal anothers soul like that is bound to be unnerving, especially when it's done out of nowhere like that.

Malm just watched as Aknaid moved over to the other bandit's body, unsure about what he should do, or if he should even do anything in the first place. It was obvious that the insect-like man was going to steal the other man's soul. There was little denying that. Yet could that just be how this world work though? He had little knowledge about any of this after all. Trying to stop Aknaid could just end up messing with the balance of this world, but isn't it also possible that what Aknaid was doing is wrong? Malm had no way of telling until he built up his resolve.

"Please just wait a second. Before you... You absorb the soul from that man's body, I have another question to ask. Well, two more actually. Okay technically four, but that's beside the point.

What I want to know is what exactly happens to the bodies of those without souls when they are expelled from Pandora? Where do they end up at? And what about the souls you take? What exactly is going to them?"
    Malm asked knowing that he's likely skirting on a thin line right now. Asking such questions to beings that are able to steal souls was never known to be the wisest thing to do. Yet Aknaid had proven to be friendly and willing to answer Malm's questions so far. So there's little reason for Malm to believe he's in any actual danger.

Right?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:01 pm